Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -VI .. *crickets*

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Sway, your really losing this argument, just count the number of opinions differing from yours.

You're right, they have mismanaged the cap for a while. Lots has to do with the swing and miss on the greatest season ever.
It does not justify overpaying for the conjecture of an up and coming kid being a superstar.
that's funny my DM say different, trouncing everyone is a word used a few times.

Gonna be a long eight years for you guys, I hope you can manage to enjoy the Bruins still while being backstopped by Sway.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
So you Pro Swayamn at any cost, don't believe 7.5M is fair for a show me deal?
Don't worry about his FA years, if he is that good the $$ will be there unless he is so immature that he holds grudges.
This is the same team that took a chance on him, gave him pro level coaching and a very good defense to get his legs under him.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
You must have missed the games played stat, kind of critical for a lifetime achievement contract.
no longer matters for forwards and defensemen on their second deals, so a goalies third deal is about to change as well. Bruins are reported to want 8, just a matter of finding the money both sides are ok with

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
My business model would be to overpay for your top talent if need be and trim the fat towards the bottom of your company. Bruins have 3 must pay guys, Swayman is one of them. I appreciate the Lindholm and Zadorov signings...I wouldn't spend 2.75 on a 6 D or 3 mil on a back goalie.

Screwing the little guys, typical capitalist pig!

Reactions: SwayHeyKid

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Don't worry about his FA years, if he is that good the $$ will be there unless he is so immature that he holds grudges.
This is the same team that took a chance on him, gave him pro level coaching and a very good defense to get his legs under him.
2 years ridiculous. 4 years ridiculous. The time for four was last summer.

Swayman wants to be here. It's obvious.

6-8 years at a starting number of 8.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
there are alot of people killing Swayman personally like he stole their significant other.

Swayman does not need to do whats best for the team. He doesn't need to take less because they couldnt find a center for 20 years to replace what they had and paid 4.5 mil in overages last season, meaning they couldn't give him a long term deal. Also not his fault they got a 3 million dollar backup forced upon them.

You must be disgusted with McAvoy and Pasta for not doing whats best for the team.
I said Sweeney needs to do whats best for the team. And yes swaynan needs to compromise as well as sweeney. This is how deals get done. There is a number sweeney wont go past.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
What do you mean? I've read that Swayman might not be any better than Bussi and Korpi and could be another Andrew Raycroft.
Look if you want to rant against the lowest common denominator you’ll always have material. But let’s not pretend that’s the prevailing sentiment.

2 years ridiculous. 4 years ridiculous. The time for four was last summer.

Swayman wants to be here. It's obvious.

6-8 years at a starting number of 8.
What if Swayman wants 4 years?

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
What the f*** are talking about.
" Sway what teammate do you suggest that they should move out so you and your agent can declare victory and have your press conference, and you can all smile and take photos as your ex-teammate is packing and your present teammates wonder what the hell is going on with you."

This piece of imaginary melodrama.

Reactions: Carbonated Puck

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Look if you want to rant against the lowest common denominator you’ll always have material. But let’s not pretend that’s the prevailing sentiment.

would be a dream come true. I don't see it. I would love it if he decided to short change himself wouldn't change my view of what hes worth Means he wants out eventually I'm guessing and thats whatever

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

If Swayman wanted a shorter deal, I'd think he'd want 2yrs. Makes him a UFA as soon as possible and assuming his play stay the same, he'd have a lot of team looking sign him.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
25 year old goalie favorite for the Vezina

year one. All rookie team
year two. Jennings trophy 24-6-4 2.27 .920 4so
year three. Best post season performance since Tuuk in 2013.

79-33-15-2.43 .919 in 132 games

How in blue hell is that not a young superstar goalie?

Cap is 88 mil this year. Bruins can fit him. get it done.

If he was another Ullmark he would have been pulled before the Toronto series was over and they would have been out round 1.

How does his first three seasons and ten games stack up with goalies in history?

Who are you trading the 25 year old Swayman for? What goalies?
But that has more to do with the team and system than him. We make everyone look good.

In a given year going forward it’s at least 30-40% likely that the second goalie gets to start game 1 of the playoffs over Sway. Remember 2/3 years he wasn’t good enough to have the better stats and get nod. He was on the ice for elimination 4 years in a row however.

I don’t think he’s a buyout risk of we pay him big time but I do think there’s an extremely high chance he falls out of favor to the 1B guy over the course of an 8 year deal. Bc every goalie plays well in Boston. A bulletproof NMC 8 year deal at a huge number for this mouthy rat backstabber no thanks. Give him 2-4 so him and gross can be UFAs and reset the market and we’ll find someone else. I would rather not punt on this year.

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
But that has more to do with the team and system than him. We make everyone look good.

In a given year going forward it’s at least 30-40% likely that the second goalie gets to start game 1 of the playoffs over Sway. Remember 2/3 years he wasn’t good enough to have the better stats and get nod. He was on the ice for elimination 4 years in a row however.

I don’t think he’s a buyout risk of we pay him big time but I do think there’s an extremely high chance he falls out of favor to the 1B guy over the course of an 8 year deal. Bc every goalie plays well in Boston. A bulletproof NMC 8 year deal at a huge number for this mouthy rat backstabber no thanks. Give him 2-4 so him and gross can be UFAs and reset the market and we’ll find someone else. I would rather not punt on this year.
year one, he went 3-2 in the playoffs after Ullmark folded
year two, he's winning the game for 59 minutes until McAvoy tips a puck past him
year three, best goaltending round since 2013. Had a couple stinkers vs Florida but did allow 1 goal in two of the games and lost a game 6 giving up 2 goals. He def could have been better at times

mouthy rat backstabber? LOL

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
If Swayman wanted a shorter deal, I'd think he'd want 2yrs. Makes him a UFA as soon as possible and assuming his play stay the same, he'd have a lot of team looking sign him.
four years would make sense if he wanted to cash out twice, but I think he loves it here and wants to stay. Bruins need him

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
So is this a business or isn't it, because I'm confused?

Ullmark made it clear he wanted to stay here, but Sweeney was deadset on dealing him. That's fine. It's a business and there's no such thing as loyalty.

But then the team shouldn't expect it either, and that's fine too.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
And this is last years list

I dont see the actual winner on it anywhere. Vegas odds shouldn’t matter in a players contract negotiations

Fingertools

May 29, 2019
So here's the rub with the anti-pay-Sway crowd ... let's say he gets a $7.5 4 yr deal, shows he can be a #1 with no workload restrictions, goes deep in every playoff etc. Now it's 4 yrs later, and he's ready as a UFA to cash in to the HIGHEST BIDDER. Are you guys ok with losing him? Cause if he gets $10M, or $11M or more from someone and you match it's not going to help fill the rest of the roster anymore than it will today giving him $9.5M for 8 yrs - will it? And you STILL can lose him. Ready to take that chance?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad