Confirmed with Link: Jakub Vrana in Player Assistance program (01.03.23 in GR for conditioning)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Should we see
Bertuzzi - Larkin - Vrana at some point
FkHPPn6XkAE0Z6f

:)
They already have them together on the blue line today.

Reactions: lilidk

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
It will be fun line , but defensively, I don't know
Vrana only looks bad defensively when facing top pair D that can drive the offense. If he's covering 3rd pair D, it's not a big deal. Vrana tends to take a lot of chances, and will burned by guys like McAvoy/Makar/Fox much in the same way that Zadina does. At leas Vrana has speed to make up for some of those mistakes and can score on a breakaway when he does steal the puck.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Loved that little smile he gave a couple of minutes into the interview.

I hope we don't rush him back in if he's not fully up to game condition, given his injury history, but at the same time I hope we don't hold him back too long, because I bet the camaraderie of the team and some success in a few games will help him fully recover.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
This is unrealistic expectations. Why on earth would he only score the first 3 goals, when he could easily score the first 4 goals.
Why settle for 4 when you can have 5?

Vrana is the only winger that can put up points without Larkin. Excited to have him back, I still think 4th line to start, but I think he'll fit on any line. Maybe he's the winger that Copp needs, it'll simply his game to "give the puck to Vrana", much like Zadina did last season.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
It will be fun line , but defensively, I don't know

Veleno has been pretty strong defensively this year outside of sucking at faceoffs. And Berggren has shown a lot of growth away from the puck from previous years. The most defensively deficient player of the 3 is Vrana.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Veleno has been pretty strong defensively this year outside of sucking at faceoffs. And Berggren has shown a lot of growth away from the puck from previous years. The most defensively deficient player of the 3 is Vrana.
I've heard lalonde complain about defensive mistakes by Berggren and Veleno

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He’s left them out there against top lines with Hagg and Lindstrom as D. They were hardly the problem in that losing streak.
Yeah, I was gonna say they've played against top lines quite a bit and Joey's still in the plus column despite Seider handing him a -1 in OT. Seider and Chiarot haven't done any favors for Joey either. The plus defensemen are Hronek, Maatta, Walman, and surprisingly Oesterle who apparently can only play defense on the opposite side.

I imagine Oesterle will finish his career as RHD, lol.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
It's sounds stupid I think

Send Larkin also in GR
Two things.
1. Why?
2. Won't be able to justify it as he's been playing. You can't just send guys to the AHL on a conditioning stint. You need a valid reason. Not having played in 2+ months works for Vrana. Same thing applied for Hellberg. Or Soderblom.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
It's sounds stupid I think

Send Larkin also in GR

Lol since when do players of that caliber get sent to AHL for conditioning. I get it I guess if they are all home games but to make him travel around with GR seems pretty goofy

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Two things.
1. Why?
2. Won't be able to justify it as he's been playing. You can't just send guys to the AHL on a conditioning stint. You need a valid reason. Not having played in 2+ months works for Vrana. Same thing applied for Hellberg. Or Soderblom.
I just see no reason other than make GR better by sending there our most skilled player. Vrana has nothing to do with GR and why not just send someone else to play with Vrana.
It was sarcasm comment

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I just see no reason other than make GR better by sending there our most skilled player. Vrana has nothing to do with GR and why not just send someone else to play with Vrana.
It was sarcasm comment

Thing is though, they aren't sending him cause he is good or to give GR something nice, they are sending him cause he hasn't played competitive hockey in 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad