Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Are you saying that was not a good trade for the Kings?! One of the best deadline trades I can think of. The subsequent contract extension didn’t work out past season 1, but the Kings don’t win the 2014 Cup without Gaborik and he only cost them two 2nd round picks.
It was better than that: Matt Frattin, a conditional 2nd-round pick and a 3rd-round pick.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Byfield and Turcotte have had pretty serious injuries as well. Byfield came back from an ankle fracture last preseason, and then apparently lost something like 20 pounds after COVID this preseason. Turcotte's concussions (and other various injuries as well) have been well-documented the past two seasons. Is it really that surprising that these guys either haven't broken out yet or are just starting to?

Not if you're paying attention and being honest with a grasp of nuance. But...

Oh boy. Guess somebody didn't watch Draisaitl in his rookie year. Fans going to get popcornn moved faster.

Clarke has summers to improve his stride

The thing is, Clarke had no problem getting around just fine in the NHL. "Ugly skating" =/= BAD skating, but it just helps us figure out who has no clue what they're talking about and is just parroting outdated draft scouting videos.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
What are the other players AZ are targeting from other teams? Lysell, Knies, & Broberg? Are any of those available? What is Buffalo willing to part with?

Wondering what the best player AZ is hoping to get back.

Reactions: deaderhead28

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
I've only seen Clarke a handful of times but skating was never a concern. His decision making in his own zone is pretty good for his age as well. I just think his offense (including instincts) is overrated.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
holy f*** just trade him. I need him in fantasy lineup. Bill Amrstrong doesn't look like a GM, he looks like he should be running for governor of Arkansas or something.
My two cents for what it is worth , wouldn't be funny if Armstong might not have the leverage that he thinks and his strong arm tactics leaves him with egg on his face and holding d#$k........

Reactions: deaderhead28

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I didn’t realize he is American while his dad was born in Canada. I always thought Jakob was Canadian.
Both of his parents are Canadian and he grew up spending a lot of his off time here. He says he feels Canadian, and that's why he reps Canada internationally.

He's sorta the American version of Brett Hull, but without the spite.

• Haha
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
We have a plethora of NHL forwards that are currently blocking the progress of some prospects.

That's the concerning part.

While some of the prospects are developing none of the higher-drafter players have exceeded expectations so far. They are all "progressing", sure, and I get Covid affected development for every team but the clock is ticking. Kupari and Fagemo are 22, Kaliyev, Turcotte, Bjornfot are 21.

They still have time but I'd have hoped that a few of those names (1st and 2nd rounders) would be top 6/top 4 by now. Exceeding expectations does happen for some. So the question I have is did Blake bring all these guys in (Fiala, Arvidsson, Danault, etc.) because the Kings prospects weren't progressing as hoped or because Blake was getting impatient waiting for this team to get into the playoffs?

Reactions: Nowotny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad