Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Oh boy. Guess somebody didn't watch Draisaitl in his rookie year. Fans going to get popcornn moved faster.

Clarke has summers to improve his stride
Draisatl worked on his stride and didn't have quite the same concerns. Plus he's not a D-man. Clarke could certainly get a lot better, and I could eat crow. But I'm willing to take a bet that he doesn't reach Chychrun, are you?

Reactions: Marner4Life

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
That's the concerning part.

While some of the prospects are developing none of the higher-drafter players have exceeded expectations so far. They are all "progressing", sure, and I get Covid affected development for every team but the clock is ticking. Kupari and Fagemo are 22, Kaliyev, Turcotte, Bjornfot are 21.

They still have time but I'd have hoped that a few of those names (1st and 2nd rounders) would be top 6/top 4 by now. Exceeding expectations does happen for some. So the question I have is did Blake bring all these guys in (Fiala, Arvidsson, Danault, etc.) because the Kings prospects weren't progressing as hoped or because Blake was getting impatient waiting for this team to get into the playoffs?
It would be nice if Blake would get off his ass and trade away Arvy and Iafallo for some help at D and G. Toss in Walker too. Everyone knows we have too many asses for too few seats. Fortunately Blake has his back against the wall now and cant keep stockpiling and dithering, he has to convert some assets now and movement is imminent.

Reactions: kevsh

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That's the concerning part.

While some of the prospects are developing none of the higher-drafter players have exceeded expectations so far. They are all "progressing", sure, and I get Covid affected development for every team but the clock is ticking. Kupari and Fagemo are 22, Kaliyev, Turcotte, Bjornfot are 21.

They still have time but I'd have hoped that a few of those names (1st and 2nd rounders) would be top 6/top 4 by now. Exceeding expectations does happen for some. So the question I have is did Blake bring all these guys in (Fiala, Arvidsson, Danault, etc.) because the Kings prospects weren't progressing as hoped or because Blake was getting impatient waiting for this team to get into the playoffs?

At the beginning of this year (and even end of last for some), Kaliyev was our leading PP goal scorer but only getting minimal PP time and couldn't get off the 4th line.

Vilardi was our leading point getter but couldn't get up the lineup until dudes started getting hurt.

Byfield wasn't even tried in the top six until 6 guys went down with injury and now he's indispensable next to Kopitar.

Even Fagemo came in for a game, went 1+1, and promptly went back to the pine.

The pattern is that the guys are by and large good enough for the NHL roster but cockblocked by vets, but this forum in general finds it easier to say they just suck. And sure enough once talent starts playing with talent instead of Lemieux, they start showing out.

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
Very interesting that Arizona is willing to retain a bit. That should start a big bidding war

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
LeBron James for Jakob Chychrun (E5).

Yeah, yeah, yeah. All time leading scorer. Blah blah blah.

Simple fact. Lebron’s skating is not at all what it is cracked up to be. And this ankle injury will not help one bit.

I’m all for people getting creative with potential trades, but this makes no sense at all.

Oh. And f*** off anyone who says Lebron can hold Clarke’s jockstrap. He cannot.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Draisatl worked on his stride and didn't have quite the same concerns. Plus he's not a D-man. Clarke could certainly get a lot better, and I could eat crow. But I'm willing to take a bet that he doesn't reach Chychrun, are you?
You will never eat crow and you know it. Basically you are already wrong with your “skating concerns” so you should eat crow already.

Vilardi, Kaliyev…those were average skaters. Can you seriously not see the difference, unbelievable. Clarke is more visible in the offensive zone than your average forward. He moves ugly but fluently.

Last edited:
Reactions: deaderhead28

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com

Los Angeles Kings Recall Tobie Bisson​

FEBRUARY 13, 2023 AT 3:44 PM CDT | BY GAVIN LEE LEAVE A COMMENT

Of all the defensemen that the Los Angeles Kings could recall, it is something of a surprise that Tobie Bisson will be joining them ahead of tonight’s game against the Buffalo Sabres.
Bisson, 26, only earned his first NHL contract last summer and has never been recalled to the league. Through 41 games this season for the Ontario Reign, the undrafted defenseman has 12 points and 31 penalty minutes.
It’s not that Bisson is undeserving; he plays hard minutes for the Reign and recently played for Team Canada at the Spengler Cup. But the team has been recalling several other defensemen all season long, and sent down Jacob Moverare just yesterday.
Perhaps it is as simple as rewarding a player for his AHL work this season. Bisson is excellent in his own end and willing to engage physically when challenged. But with so much smoke swirling around the Kings and a potential Jakob Chychrun deal, an unexpected recall like this will raise some eyebrows.
Either way, it means NHL pay and a great moment for Bisson, who worked his way up from the AHL after going undrafted. After nearly five full minor league seasons, he finally gets a chance to go up to the biggest stage.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Yeah, yeah, yeah. All time leading scorer. Blah blah blah.

Simple fact. Lebron’s skating is not at all what it is cracked up to be. And this ankle injury will not help one bit.

I’m all for people getting creative with potential trades, but this makes no sense at all.

Oh. And f*** off anyone who says Lebron can hold Clarke’s jockstrap. He cannot.
But we've seen that players LeBron's size take longer to develop.

Reactions: hn777 and Number8

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole

Los Angeles Kings Recall Tobie Bisson​

FEBRUARY 13, 2023 AT 3:44 PM CDT | BY GAVIN LEE LEAVE A COMMENT

Of all the defensemen that the Los Angeles Kings could recall, it is something of a surprise that Tobie Bisson will be joining them ahead of tonight’s game against the Buffalo Sabres.
Bisson, 26, only earned his first NHL contract last summer and has never been recalled to the league. Through 41 games this season for the Ontario Reign, the undrafted defenseman has 12 points and 31 penalty minutes.
It’s not that Bisson is undeserving; he plays hard minutes for the Reign and recently played for Team Canada at the Spengler Cup. But the team has been recalling several other defensemen all season long, and sent down Jacob Moverare just yesterday.
Perhaps it is as simple as rewarding a player for his AHL work this season. Bisson is excellent in his own end and willing to engage physically when challenged. But with so much smoke swirling around the Kings and a potential Jakob Chychrun deal, an unexpected recall like this will raise some eyebrows.
Either way, it means NHL pay and a great moment for Bisson, who worked his way up from the AHL after going undrafted. After nearly five full minor league seasons, he finally gets a chance to go up to the biggest stage.
Two legit Kings media have both said it’s nothing more than a seventh dman call up.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Yeah the contract is horrible, but it helps Arizona get to the cap floor in the short term and gives them a goalie to play for them as they're accumulating more picks and prospects. There's a chance that he rebounds and becomes a competent NHL goalie for them, but it's mostly about them getting a goalie to play for them and hitting the cap floor.

Arizona doesn’t have to worry about hitting the cap floor this season even if they trade off Ghost, Chychrun and Vejmelka.

Can always pick up bad deals this summer for next season cap floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad