Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
If he plays 70 plus games a year he will achieved more than Chychrun has in his. This is what worries me about dealing for him. His average just over 55 games a year, thats not good. You can't justify giving up top assets for something like that. Its like trading for Gaborik, you know he'll miss 20 games a year. The Kings already did this.
Are you saying that was not a good trade for the Kings?! One of the best deadline trades I can think of. The subsequent contract extension didn’t work out past season 1, but the Kings don’t win the 2014 Cup without Gaborik and he only cost them two 2nd round picks.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Are you saying that was not a good trade for the Kings?! One of the best deadline trades I can think of. The subsequent contract extension didn’t work out past season 1, but the Kings don’t win the 2014 Cup without Gaborik and he only cost them two 2nd round picks.

He's saying that at this time the Kings are not ready for a 'finishing piece.'

Kings blow their wad on Chychrun and they still have holes/issues to solve

TOR/BOS do it and they're certain favorites

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014

Ps - the other thread got locked, Could not find one, so I just made a new one.
Cheers

The snag was him speculating, it wasn’t based on any fact or source. He also said Clarke and Byfield are not in play. The tweet is deliberately misleading.

edit: since seen others have said similar… oh well.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I think it's a bit weird to flex on Vilardi being good (which he is) as being proof that fans on here are wrong about the Kings, while not mentioning that guys like Kupari, Turcotte, Bjornfot and Byfield haven't really shown the kind of progression you'd want out of where they were taken.

Just looking as an outsider, I think LA's drafting and developing recently has been more misses than hits. Anderson, Vilardi, Kaliyev, and Spence seem to be the most promising, but Kupari, Turcotte, Bjornfot, Byfield, Thomas (I remember he was super hyped back in the day) and Grans really don't appear to be progressing/didn't end up progressing as you wanted them to.
Kupari is progressing just fine. Turcotte has been dealing with injuries, as has Thomas. Grans is in his sophomore slump. Bjornfot has regressed but others think he’s fine just blocked by vets. I’m not huge on Byfield but he’s had injuries and illness delay him but is starting to come on.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I don't know why people expect guys like Freidman to only report on facts. Speculation is a huge part of sports media, and at least Freidman is still intentional with making sure it is obvious what is rumour and what is speculation if you actually get information from him first hand.
The bigger issue was people quoting Freidmans speculation as fact for click bait. He made it clear it was no more than him spit balling.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
That is a moronic take. If the Kings are trading for Chychrun, it by definition means they want him. Trying to paint his value as "we don't want him, but we'll pay this for him" is just asininely stupid. It's a fantasy scenario that makes literally no sense.

You're not a GM, what you want to do doesn't matter. What matters is what the Kings would pay for Chychrun, and if they're trading for him, it obviously means they want him.
I can't believe that i have to type this out.
This here is a GM makebelieve forum where peeps without any knowledge or connection to their franchise post opinions.
I have to point out that i have no relationship whatsoever to Blake or the Kings organization.

With that said, i still stand by Chychrun is the last player the Kings need and i wouldn't trade for him.
You guys keep insisting on a trade, which makes me pointing out the condition that a trade could only be made if there is understanding that the Kings don't need Chychrun.
I am absolutely aware that this is the point where you guys freak out and walk away from the deal, which is done intentionally, since you guys don't stop begging for Kings prospects on your own.

Is this more clear now?

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Seems Chychrun might be a better target for the Oilers than Karlsson, cheaper cap hit so no need to pay for retention, less term, age fits team better, would pay less to the Coyotes than San Jose.

Reactions: Kurrilino

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I think it's a bit weird to flex on Vilardi being good (which he is) as being proof that fans on here are wrong about the Kings, while not mentioning that guys like Kupari, Turcotte, Bjornfot and Byfield haven't really shown the kind of progression you'd want out of where they were taken.

Just looking as an outsider, I think LA's drafting and developing recently has been more misses than hits. Anderson, Vilardi, Kaliyev, and Spence seem to be the most promising, but Kupari, Turcotte, Bjornfot, Byfield, Thomas (I remember he was super hyped back in the day) and Grans really don't appear to be progressing/didn't end up progressing as you wanted them to.
Bjornfot was never going to be some stud offensive defenseman, his ceiling is likely a good second-pairing guy. He was also taken at 23rd overall. Kupari was taken 20th overall. Thomas was taken at 51st overall. It seems a bit disingenuous to lump those guys in with players like Byfield, Clarke, Turcotte, and Vilardi.

Sure, Vilardi got injured. This is his first injury since his back issues over two years ago, and we don't even know what the injury is. Even at that, Vilardi's "back injury" has been widely speculated to be Spondylolysis, a spinal injury common in teenagers who play physically demanding sports. The treatment is literally just rest and rehabilitation.

Byfield and Turcotte have had pretty serious injuries as well. Byfield came back from an ankle fracture last preseason, and then apparently lost something like 20 pounds after COVID this preseason. Turcotte's concussions (and other various injuries as well) have been well-documented the past two seasons. Is it really that surprising that these guys either haven't broken out yet or are just starting to?

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
uhmm... every proposal starts with his injurie concerns and his salary is secondary

I don't think it's that cut and dry. He is still commanding top dollar for trades even with those concerns and from multiple teams. His market value right now is probably a better indicator on what GM's are looking at then what we post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad