Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Nevermind, not worth the discussion anymore, this thread has strong "lol just pick sucky Vilardi up on waivers" vibes :laugh:

This forum repeatedly is wrong wrong wrong about LA prospects but just doesn't learn.
That’s because the Kings actually develop their prospects instead of draft and play out of desperation like teams like Phoenix.

Kings are doing calculus while the coyotes are throwing rocks through a broken window of a vacant building!

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
That’s because the Kings actually develop their prospects instead of draft and play out of desperation like teams like Phoenix.

Kings are doing calculus while the coyotes are throwing rocks through a broken window of a vacant building!
which prospects has Bill Armstrong mishandled since he became GM?

Reactions: Kaizen

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Ah, the classic rebuttal of "do you even watch him?". As if that outweighs the fact that he's been horribly underwhelming in the AHL as the players drafted around him are top-6 F or top-4 D in the NHL.

Why does Turcotte have more value than someone like Vitali Kravtsov, who most people only think has the value of a 3rd round pick?
Probly because turcotte plays a style that translates even to a quality 3C center role where the perception of kravtsov is that of a top 6 or bust type. I don't watch him enough to know if that's the case or not, but that's what I pick up as of rn.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Nevermind, not worth the discussion anymore, this thread has strong "lol just pick sucky Vilardi up on waivers" vibes :laugh:

This forum repeatedly is wrong wrong wrong about LA prospects but just doesn't learn.
We've learned year after year LA development team suck. Year after year every kings prospect is untouchable until they aren't. Thinking Byfield is going to be Tage Thompson and Clarke is untouchable only for Makar... Hope it works out for you. Never seen a someone so excited about 2 goals and 10 points playing on top line. "He's the reason Kopitar and Kempe are playing well" yeah that's definitely it.

Reactions: Nowotny

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
What prospects has he developed? You guys are thinner than paper underwear because you can’t develop a roster.
so you are just making stuff up.

Macelli, Guenther, Crouse, Vedgie, Moser are the prospects/young players that have looked great this year. They also resalvaged Gostibehere and Valimaki's careers.

But you must have better information....

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Eating crow on Vilardi is painful huh

next up: Byfield
I mean he's good when he's healthy. The issue is his back can go out at any moment.... Isn't he injured again?

Yeah I remember Byfield is carrying Kopitar and Kempe with his 2 goals and 10 points which have mainly been secondaries.

Reactions: Nowotny

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
so you are just making stuff up.

Macelli, Guenther, Crouse, Vedgie, Moser are the prospects/young players that have looked great this year. They also resalvaged Gostibehere and Valimaki's careers.

But you must have better information....
He's not wrong, since he referred to the "Phoenix" NHL team, which last existed in 2014.

Reactions: Kaizen and hbk

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Clarke is an untouchable, same as Byfield. The only way you put him in as part of a deal is with a player of the calliber like Makar. JC is no Makar.
Tell us more. How did you come to this conclusion? There must be a lot of untouchable players in the NHL. I'd trade Zegras or Drysdale for a realistic upgrade in a heartbeat but they aren't close to Byfield and Clarke tier.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think it's a bit weird to flex on Vilardi being good (which he is) as being proof that fans on here are wrong about the Kings, while not mentioning that guys like Kupari, Turcotte, Bjornfot and Byfield haven't really shown the kind of progression you'd want out of where they were taken.

Just looking as an outsider, I think LA's drafting and developing recently has been more misses than hits. Anderson, Vilardi, Kaliyev, and Spence seem to be the most promising, but Kupari, Turcotte, Bjornfot, Byfield, Thomas (I remember he was super hyped back in the day) and Grans really don't appear to be progressing/didn't end up progressing as you wanted them to.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Clarke is an untouchable, same as Byfield. The only way you put him in as part of a deal is with a player of the calliber like Makar. JC is no Makar.
I too project my team's prospects as franchise defensemen who will become the top player in their position in the league in a generational capacity, disregarding the fact that there have been better defensive prospects chosen in the following draft (Jiricek or Nemec) who are already outperforming my own prospect.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Kings update for all the non King's fans. Their biggest need is at goal. The second biggest need is at center since they are playing 2guys at wing right now. Their 3rd biggest need is LD, but have a couple of options to patch that internally, unlike goal & center.

Chychrun is a luxury that doesn't move the needle for the team's needs right now. Especially at an ask more than Eichel.

Reactions: Carl Hungus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad