Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
You’re acting as if he’s nothing more than a throw in, the truth is somewhere in between and is determined by each front office. Betting on potential is exactly what a team like Arizona would do and it’s no different than what the Kings did when they traded for Lias Andersson or when the TBL swindled the Kings and got Erik Cernak. I also noticed your lack of knowledge with your comment about late round picks exceeding expectations, well that sounds like you’re talking about one Jordan Spence.. who would instantly become their best Dman prospect and would slit nicely into their top 4 but it’s seems you’re more of the type to place more value in where someone is drafted than the actual results. I also like how people think they need to get Clarke from the Kings or Lysell from Bruins, as if Lysell is even in the same f***en sphere as Brandt… wonder if you’re one of those

Yes, I completely think Turcotte is not valued as anything more than a throw-in right now. Why would he be anything more than that? Outside of his draft position, what has he shown since being drafted to warrant being valued in any other way?

"Betting on potential" means he's a lottery ticket throw in prospect, not a serious piece to acquire a top pair defenseman.

You're not getting Chychrun if the best pieces you're willing to offer are struggling former high picks and undersized OFD doing well in the AHL. That's just not going to cut it, teams will easily outbid that. The pieces you're throwing out are secondary or tertiary pieces in a Chychrun trade, not the main piece.

Reactions: Nowotny and Kaizen

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Trade for Chycrun and Vejmelka is too complicated to complete.
I think Kings only need to trade for Vejmelka without including Petersen contract.
Frame work of Grans, Walker and second round pick should do it.
So you guys are going to roll with 4 goalies? Or you're putting Petersen AND Copley in the AHL?

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Yes, I completely think Turcotte is not valued as anything more than a throw-in right now. Why would he be anything more than that? Outside of his draft position, what has he shown since being drafted to warrant being valued in any other way?

"Betting on potential" means he's a lottery ticket throw in prospect, not a serious piece to acquire a top pair defenseman.

You're not getting Chychrun if the best pieces you're willing to offer are struggling former high picks and undersized OFD doing well in the AHL. That's just not going to cut it, teams will easily outbid that. The pieces you're throwing out are secondary or tertiary pieces in a Chychrun trade, not the main piece.
Have you watched him play? Like actually seen him play a game?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Have you watched him play? Like actually seen him play a game?

Ah, the classic rebuttal of "do you even watch him?". As if that outweighs the fact that he's been horribly underwhelming in the AHL as the players drafted around him are top-6 F or top-4 D in the NHL.

Why does Turcotte have more value than someone like Vitali Kravtsov, who most people only think has the value of a 3rd round pick?

Reactions: Nowotny and Kaizen

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Yeah this could be it. I think moving Petersen's contract likely would cost a 1st, and with including both Chychrun and Vejmelka from the Coyotes side, you're looking at a massive addition to Petersen from the Kings end.

That's why Clarke as the main piece made so much sense, he has so much value on his own that the additions on top of him and Petersen would be more manageable. If Clarke and Byfield aren't on the table, the Kings are going to have to add so much to complete that deal. At least the value of a 1st to get out of Petersen's deal plus the value of 2 1sts and a prospect for Chychrun plus the value of Vejmelka.

You're probably looking at the value of 5 1sts to complete that deal from the Kings.

i said elsewhere that giving up Clarke would involve kings not just getting chychrun but the goalie as well. If you include taking Peterson back woukd also factor in.

KingsCourt

Aug 15, 2005
This is a preposterous statement. Clarke looked horrible at the WJC.
you would the same type of person that would say "should have kept him, was stupid to trade him after a horrible WJC" six years down the road when he's a stud

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Clarke sucks! But GMs are willing to give up one of their best players for him. First the Wild who asked for him in the Fiala trade now the Yotes....lol

Forget Chychrun. Come get Provorov.
Let me guess.... for Clarke?

• Haha
Reactions: KingsCourt

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

Nobody here wants Chychrun, how difficult is this to understand?

Our windows doesn't open earlier than 2 years from now.
Lot's of time to raise our home grown talent and then fill in whatever is needed.
If a Chychrun trade needs to be made it will be under the condition that Chychrun is not needed in L.A.
If that is a non starter, we better look for the closest exit.

We were constantly told Vilardi is waiver bound etc...
I am grateful that Blake is a patient GM that rather does nothing than the wrong thing.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Gonna state it once more just for the record :

My spicy take is that Cal Petersen (plus) is going to a third team for Mrazek or Kahkonen or Anton Forsberg or some other cheaper goalie with equal or less term on the contract, and then the cheaper goalie will then go to Arizona with other pieces to get Chychrun and Vejmelka on the Kings.

Whether it's considered two separate Kings trades or a three way trade, either way, that's my prediction.

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Ah, the classic rebuttal of "do you even watch him?". As if that outweighs the fact that he's been horribly underwhelming in the AHL as the players drafted around him are top-6 F or top-4 D in the NHL.

Why does Turcotte have more value than someone like Vitali Kravtsov, who most people only think has the value of a 3rd round pick?
It’s a yes or no question?

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Gonna state it once more just for the record :

My spicy take is that Cal Petersen (plus) is going to a third team for Mrazek or Kahkonen or Anton Forsberg or some other cheaper goalie with equal or less term on the contract, and then the cheaper goalie will then go to Arizona with other pieces to get Chychrun and Vejmelka on the Kings.

Whether it's considered two separate Kings trades or a three way trade, either way, that's my prediction.
I like it

Reactions: lanceuppercut75

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
1676312424933.png

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Nobody here wants Chychrun, how difficult is this to understand?

Our windows doesn't open earlier than 2 years from now.
Lot's of time to raise our home grown talent and then fill in whatever is needed.
If a Chychrun trade needs to be made it will be under the condition that Chychrun is not needed in L.A.
If that is a non starter, we better look for the closest exit.

We were constantly told Vilardi is waiver bound etc...
I am grateful that Blake is a patient GM that rather does nothing than the wrong thing.

That is a moronic take. If the Kings are trading for Chychrun, it by definition means they want him. Trying to paint his value as "we don't want him, but we'll pay this for him" is just asininely stupid. It's a fantasy scenario that makes literally no sense.

You're not a GM, what you want to do doesn't matter. What matters is what the Kings would pay for Chychrun, and if they're trading for him, it obviously means they want him.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
If the deal goes down, I hope Jordan Spence goes the other way. He's NHL ready and is blocked in L.A.
October 2024 looks like :

Anderson - Doughty
XXX - Clarke
XXX - Spence

Roy, Walker are UFA in 2024, and Durzi will be traded in the next 1.5 years (probably for a LHD). It could end up being Clarke or Spence being moved instead of Durzi though. Clarke would probably only be moved on July 1st for Auston Matthews though. As others have mentioned, it seems Byfield and Clarke are basically off the table right now.

I think Spence can survive another 1.5 years in the AHL and playing in the NHL when the blueline has injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad