Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
I think it's a bit weird to flex on Vilardi being good (which he is) as being proof that fans on here are wrong about the Kings, while not mentioning that guys like Kupari, Turcotte, Bjornfot and Byfield haven't really shown the kind of progression you'd want out of where they were taken.

Just looking as an outsider, I think LA's drafting and developing recently has been more misses than hits. Anderson, Vilardi, Kaliyev, and Spence seem to be the most promising, but Kupari, Turcotte, Bjornfot, Byfield, Thomas (I remember he was super hyped back in the day) and Grans really don't appear to be progressing/didn't end up progressing as you wanted them to.
You are in for quite a shock then.
Every major player in the organization aside from Fiala and Danault was developed in-house.
Adrian Kempe was a #29 pick who is on pace for 40 goals.
All the players you listed are under development, getting NHL ice time, moving up the lineup.
We have a plethora of NHL forwards that are currently blocking the progress of some prospects.
Your opinion is definitely misinformed and time will illustrate this.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
He’s on TV very little these days. I’ve seen him pop up a few times on Tim & Friends and that’s about it. He’s mainly just a radio guy these days. He co-hosts a radio show with Justin Bourne these days.

I know but I'm surprised they let him do that, he's ALWAYS wrong

Reactions: BatVader

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Durzi, Turcotte and a ‘24 1st is extremely lowball.
im not familiar with the mayor and didnt read article , just posted it after quick glance figuring somebody might want to hear what a king source was saying . and i should of figured itd be a lowball offer from a guy wearing homer glasses ;-)

Reactions: Kaizen

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Not really up to date on Kings prospects… what about…
Spence, Kaliyev, Walker, ‘24 1st, ‘23 2nd

To low?
to high?

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think it's a bit weird to flex on Vilardi being good (which he is) as being proof that fans on here are wrong about the Kings, while not mentioning that guys like Kupari, Turcotte, Bjornfot and Byfield haven't really shown the kind of progression you'd want out of where they were taken.

Just looking as an outsider, I think LA's drafting and developing recently has been more misses than hits. Anderson, Vilardi, Kaliyev, and Spence seem to be the most promising, but Kupari, Turcotte, Bjornfot, Byfield, Thomas (I remember he was super hyped back in the day) and Grans really don't appear to be progressing/didn't end up progressing as you wanted them to.

You can @ me, I'm a big boy.

It's because all summer many of the posters in this thread said they wouldn't trade a 2nd or a 3rd or several mediocre players for Vilardi because he's a bust.

On just about all of the others, major injuries are a major factor. Byfield lost 20 lbs in addition to a broken leg. Turcotte had several major injuries. Thomas had double shoulder surgery. They're not showing progression when they're not playing and this is just an example of the complete lack of nuance this forum has regarding Kings prospects. And on top of that, half of the problem is--and even someone as anti-Kings as @bsu will agree with this--the Kings' usage of prospects is garbage. It's hard to show progression when you're on the bench for no reason, many times these guys outplay players 'ahead' of them and go right back to the pine for reasons. hell, even you were just cranking on Clarke for not being in the NHL--that's simply because Blake painted himself into a corner with RHD and waivers/send downs are the path of least resistance, it's certainly not because he wasn't good enough.

Re: Clarke, the biggest 'problem' is people didn't like his WJC. That's just f***ing braindead.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Why the hell do they have Ant man movies and no Silver Surfer movies is unbelievable. Silver Surfer might be the most powerful Marvel out there!

Ant man? Really? Who the heck paid any attention to Ant man comics?
I KNOW! I blame the Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer movie. It was so bad that they killed any chance of the Surfer being in the MCU. Jerks.

Why in God's name did LAK give him a modified NTC?
THe same reason they gave him 5M per year for multiple years. Somebody done made a mistake on analyzing his play.

Reactions: Blowfish

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
They went straight to the NHL they were not developed lol
Playing tie, linemates, matchups are part of development too.

Historically, the team has been poor at both drafting and developing. Painting the current group with the same brush is misguided.

Last year 10 players played their first NHL game.

Several players have been rewarded with cups of coffee in the show (Soderstrom, Carcone, McCartney, Smith ...)

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
LA fans ? Arent you quoting one quote on a message board from somebody who might be a little too excited.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Fair enough. Wasn't meant to be a slight of LA fans just a quick message. Bottom line is it was just a way of demonstrating how equating Clarke to Makar is some big time dumbshittery. Agreed?

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Not really up to date on Kings prospects… what about…
Spence, Kaliyev, Walker, ‘24 1st, ‘23 2nd

To low?
to high?
Value wise, maybe. I wouldn't trade Spence. He has a dog named Doughty. Has potential, but not a ton of value.

Kaliyev is on the NHL roster & has a better shot than Chychrun, so nope. Might have to trade Kaliyev to justify putting Chychrun on the PP.

Wouldn't include Turcotte due to perceived low value. He may only turn into a 3C. Danault is only a "3C" & King's fans are happy with him.

Probably Vilardi. Kings have too many wings. After his step forward this year, his value has increased significantly from last trade deadline.

Wonder if someone like Chabot or Ekholm would be less than what AZ is asking.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Is everyone else flabbergasted about the fact Chychrun is still only 24 years old? I swear it seems like he should be 30ish
I’m 54 and I swear there were Chychrun trade rumours the day i was born

Value wise, maybe. I wouldn't trade Spence. He has a dog named Doughty. Has potential, but not a ton of value.

Kaliyev is on the NHL roster & has a better shot than Chychrun, so nope. Might have to trade Kaliyev to justify putting Chychrun on the PP.

Wouldn't include Turcotte due to perceived low value. He may only turn into a 3C. Danault is only a "3C" & King's fans are happy with him.

Probably Vilardi. Kings have too many wings. After his step forward this year, his value has increased significantly from last trade deadline.

Wonder if someone like Chabot or Ekholm would be less than what AZ is asking.
I don’t see Ottawa parting ways with Chabot, but Ekholm would be a valid target

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad