Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
The number of dance partners keeps dwindling for the Coyotes. How long has this guy been openly on the market for?
960BFBEA-3735-417E-AA84-0DD088478884.gif

Dec 15, 2002
The number of dance partners keeps dwindling for the Coyotes. How long has this guy been openly on the market for?
The trade is going to happen tomorrow.

I can definitely see it being addressed in the future how to handle this but clearly it’s an issue now. If it’s sit for a week no problem but now the optics of how the coyotes are treating their star is doing no favours for the franchise going forward
As I said elsewhere, the Coyotes could instead decide to not dress him due to "coach's discretion." Good luck filing a grievance on that, much less winning it and forcing the team to play the guy.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I dont think BA needs to feel pressured to sell Chychrun for less than he wants at this point. He has great value for teams that may want to pay up for a run at the cup. After the draft he will likely accept less

Reactions: Kaizen

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I dont think BA needs to feel pressured to sell Chychrun for less than he wants at this point. He has great value for teams that may want to pay up for a run at the cup. After the draft he will likely accept less
He should have less value after the TDL, for pretty obvious reasons. If I’m on a playoff team, I certainly want him on the team for this year’s run, not after it’s over.

There is always pressure in a high profile job. If BA that he is still not be offered enough after all this time, and that he will get what he wants after the TDL has passed…..well, I guess it’s possible, but improbable, to me. Maybe he turned down a better offer months ago that is no longer possible, and is gauging present offers by that one.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Also, he’s FINE with it. He wants to be traded. He’s not happy he got hurt last year just before the deadline and dragged this out another 12 months.

Yep he wants to get traded and an injury ruins it.

What if he doesn't get moved at the deadline?

A colossal failure on the Arizona Coyotes and I definitely could see the NHLPA get involved.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
The trade is going to happen tomorrow.

As I said elsewhere, the Coyotes could instead decide to not dress him due to "coach's discretion." Good luck filing a grievance on that, much less winning it and forcing the team to play the guy.
Only thing is it’s been made public that’s not the reason for it and nobody would believe that excuse at this point. I’m not sure if a grievance can happen or not but Ferraro brought it up and he doesn’t just throw stuff out there unless it’s got some merit

Last edited:
  • Haha

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Only thing is it’s been made public that’s not the reason for it and nobody would believe thiat excuse at this point. I’m not sure if a grievance can happen or not but Ferraro brought it up and he doesn’t just throw stuff out there
Chychrun and his agent agreed to this strategy after last year where he got injured right before the deadline. Now does his views change if he doesn't get traded?

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
If they held him out for this long without a deal being close it shows that they do not have faith in him staying healthy. Plus they are probably asking for way too much.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Only thing is it’s been made public that’s not the reason for it and nobody would believe thiat excuse at this point. I’m not sure if a grievance can happen or not but Ferraro brought it up and he doesn’t just throw stuff out there unless it’s got some merit
Didn’t AZ literally tweet he was sitting for trade related reasons? I agree with you good luck to them try to spin that as a “ coaches decision “ retrospectively

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Didn’t AZ literally tweet he was sitting for trade related reasons? I agree with you good luck to them try to spin that as a “ coaches decision “ retrospectively
they could just say "healthy scratched" and be done with it. Nobody has ever been healthy scratched before. AZ invented this.

• Haha

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
they could just say "healthy scratched" and be done with it. Nobody has ever been healthy scratched before. AZ invented this.
They could have and no one would question it really. The fact they said trade related reasons, if they don't end up trading him, its going to look extremely suspect. Especially with reports that he has pretty much had trades done and then last second go "no we want more"

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Only thing is it’s been made public that’s not the reason for it and nobody would believe that excuse at this point. I’m not sure if a grievance can happen or not but Ferraro brought it up and he doesn’t just throw stuff out there unless it’s got some merit

It doesn't matter what reason they choose to sit him, as long as it's not some form of (provable) discrimination. If it doesn't violate the terms of the CBA, they cannot file a (viable) grievance.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Ektard hahahaPenguins Leading Landing Spot for CHychrun..(e4) maybe Talbot I’ve been talking about the Penguins and Chychrun for days now. Obviously, the GM knows a thing or two about jake’s dad….but the pressure is REALLY on…The Penguins are also talking about Cam Talbot…

• Haha
Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
It would be a fitting end to all of this if Carolina did trade for him and Chychrun's first game back in 3 weeks was at Arizona State arena against his former team

Reactions: SlavinAway

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
It doesn't matter what reason they choose to sit him, as long as it's not some form of (provable) discrimination. If it doesn't violate the terms of the CBA, they cannot file a (viable) grievance.
I’m curious what is exactly written in the CBA as it pertains to a situation like this

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
They could have and no one would question it really. The fact they said trade related reasons, if they don't end up trading him, its going to look extremely suspect. Especially with reports that he has pretty much had trades done and then last second go "no we want more"
source on the asking for more?

As reported by Friedman the LA trade was "close" in the mind of AZ and it was LA who didn't think it was close. That's negotiations.

AZ is entitled to set a price and hold out for it. Maybe they get it. Maybe they don't. That's negotiations. Zero apologies for protecting the asset. Sorry. They got burnt last year and they took corrective actions after he saw the player logging 30 mins of ice time his last game against Chicago.

I’m curious what is exactly written in the CBA as it pertains to a situation like this
absolutely no violation to the cba whatsoever and I'm sure the league would love to get something from the NHLPA to put a clause preventing "healthy scratching a player for a prolonger period" in the cba. We will call it the Paul Bissonnette clause.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
source on the asking for more?

As reported by Friedman the LA trade was "close" in the mind of AZ and it was LA who didn't think it was close. That's negotiations.

AZ is entitled to set a price and hold out for it. Maybe they get it. Maybe they don't. That's negotiations. Zero apologies for protecting the asset. Sorry. They got burnt last year and they took corrective actions after he saw the player logging 30 mins of ice time his last game against Chicago.
Ill try and find it, apparently there was almost a deal with Edmonton and AZ, Holland thought it was done then AZ came back and asked for more so Holland went and got Ekholm.

I feel like they are sitting Chychrun in an attempt to tank better and using the trade as an excuse.

• Haha

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Ill try and find it, apparently there was almost a deal with Edmonton and AZ, Holland thought it was done then AZ came back and asked for more so Holland went and got Ekholm.

I feel like they are sitting Chychrun in an attempt to tank better and using the trade as an excuse.
they lost 2 games in regulation in the month of February. They failed miserably if that was the goal.

Maybe the real goal was to protect the asset. Based on what happened last year at deadline that seems logical.

Reactions: Jojalu and Kaizen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad