Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I know that on Crouse.

Bjugstad sucks and should never come back here.
Oh I forgot about that stint. Well, not that it’ll convince you of anything but he’s been way, way, way better than Boyd or Fischer. He’s honestly been really good this year. At basically everything. Maybe he thrives in big roles on bad teams and diminishes in smaller roles on better teams.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Oh I forgot about that stint. Well, not that it’ll convince you of anything but he’s been way, way, way better than Boyd or Fischer. He’s honestly been really good this year. At basically everything. Maybe he thrives in big roles on bad teams and diminishes in smaller roles on better teams.

Pens just want some size that is actually used in their bottom six. Don’t think they care about production.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Makes sense given Chychrun's age, contract (especially at 50%), position (RD), and production this season. Not sure why people are shocked by the three piece ask.

1. Retention isn’t necessary
2. He’s not a RD
3. Yes he’s having a good year, however his career pace is 13 goals 37 pts
4. He averages 25 games missed per year

I like the player, but there is a reality here of which you seem unaware.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
What if he doesn't get moved at the deadline?
Then he’ll come back into the line up. It’s part of having a contract. They bargain these things out, collectively, and agree on how stuff works. Then everyone is clear and can reference that agreement at any time. And they’ve all got their own personal lawyers just to make sure.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Then he’ll come back into the line up. It’s part of having a contract. They bargain these things out, collectively, and agree on how stuff works. Then everyone is clear and can reference that agreement at any time. And they’ve all got their own personal lawyers just to make sure.
I can't see him remaining fine with the situation if another deadline comes and goes and he remains with the Coyotes. He's fine with the situation because it's on the assumption a deal gets done.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
I can definitely see it being addressed in the future how to handle this but clearly it’s an issue now. If it’s sit for a week no problem but now the optics of how the coyotes are treating their star is doing no favours for the franchise going forward

Well if it's not in violation of the CBA, there won't be a grievance filed by the NHLPA.

The NHL has shown they can interpret the CBA however they want.

The NHL can interpret the CBA whatever way they like; however, it's up to the NHLPA to decide whether they want to move forward with filing a grievance. Whether the claim has any merit or violates the CBA is another matter.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Hi Arizona fans feel free to destroy me verbally. Here's a trade I was thinking about:

To Avs: Chychrun, Schmaltz
To Yotes: Avs 1st 2023, Girard, Newhook

The idea being, short term at their peak players to Avs, long term talent to Arizona.
It’s a good effort but I don’t think AZ is looking for assets quite so advanced. I think their focus is on draft picks first and foremost.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'm pretty sure Ottawa said no to trading pinto or Greig earlier this year. Hopefully dorion doesn't cave now when we are on the outside looking in for a playoff spot
Pinto I cant see us giving up,and he is the reason why we could move Grieg...And the 1st ,a legit top 4 defender is what this team needs and we all knew would be expensive

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Pinto I cant see us giving up,and he is the reason why we could move Grieg...And the 1st ,a legit top 4 defender is what this team needs and we all knew would be expensive
I'd be less reluctant to give those pieces up if he was a bonafide RD. Is he a long-term fit on the right side?

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I think AZ could steal a page out of Toronto's prestigious history on how they reintroduce Chychrun into the lineup.

View attachment 660023
I was hoping they’d go the Bobby Valentine route.

1677686590625.jpeg

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Bjugstad is noticeably better faster and more solid on his skates when I've watched him this year. He showed signs last year.

I am pretty sure that his back is reasonably healthy for the first time in a long, long time. It's pretty near impossible to do anything with a bad back, never mind play hockey.

Reactions: Kaizen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad