Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I'm unfamiliar with the history, so I'm curious to know, why is it that Coyotes don't want to keep Chychrun and have him as part of their rebuild? He has 3 seasons left in the contract if this season is included. Has Chychrun told them that he wants out of the team or that he won't sign again with Coyotes after this current contract is done?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Coyotes keep winning without Chychrun
Pretty sure there are beer hockey teams in rural Saskatchewan that could have beat that Chicago team.

I'm unfamiliar with the history, so I'm curious to know, why is it that Coyotes don't want to keep Chychrun and have him as part of their rebuild? He has 3 seasons left in the contract if this season is included. Has Chychrun told them that he wants out of the team or that he won't sign again with Coyotes after this current contract is done?
He wants a trade instead if being oart of a prolonged rebuild. aZ said they will do it if someone pays their price. That’s it in a nutshell

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
If Chychrun doesn’t get traded, it’s an absolute joke!

I don’t know which teams are left for him to be traded to given Edmonton, Boston and now LA have made their moves, but this is a joke. They overplayed their hand big time. It’s been 2 years. He’s a good player but he’s not Mcdavid. It shouldn’t be this hard!

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
If Chychrun doesn’t get traded, it’s an absolute joke!

I don’t know which teams are left for him to be traded to given Edmonton, Boston and now LA have made their moves, but this is a joke. They overplayed their hand big time. It’s been 2 years. He’s a good player but he’s not Mcdavid. It shouldn’t be this hard!
Buffalo, they signed a depth 6/7/8 d man in Stillman, they still need to address the top 4 so they can push 1 of them down. My money is on Buffalo right now.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Hextall to Armstrong an hour before the deadline:
29534cb5-c4f2-4275-b67b-c1f9db87e57f_text.gif

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
NGL it's pretty funny that Dmen keep getting traded and he doesn't get picked up.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Rumours is maybe Carolina would be interested, but I'm guessing that is only because Carolina hasn't made a big trade...yet
We've been talking about it on our board. The thought is, we could get him and absolutely stack the defense for this cup run. Given what the other teams in the East have done, stacking the defense to counter it might be a good play here, so in that regard, it makes sense. But if we do that it opens up the possibility (or even serious likelihood that we go big game hunting for forward help by packaging picks, prospect, and Pesce or Skjei over the summer, which should get us a bigger fish than we could hope for now. Could be a sneaky long term play.

Reactions: PainForShane

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Honestly I think lots of the east has loaded up and feel Buffalo won’t go in on this as a guess.

Unless you are in the west which is wide open or a top top team in the east it isn’t really making as much sense

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Honestly I think lots of the east has loaded up and feel Buffalo won’t go in on this as a guess.

Unless you are in the west which is wide open or a top top team in the east it isn’t really making as much sense
Adams has checked with Armstrong specifically about Chychrun multiple times, if the Sabres acquire him, it won't be just for help with a wild card spot. Chychrun fits the bill for Buffalo, will Adam's and Armstrong come to terms on a price both can accept is the question.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Adams has checked with Armstrong specifically about Chychrun multiple times, if the Sabres acquire him, it won't be just for help with a wild card spot. Chychrun fits the bill for Buffalo, will Adam's and Armstrong come to terms on a price both can accept is the question.
Oh I hear you I am just saying looking at the east for a wild card team it seems more like a draft day or off-season move.

He has term which makes it make sense but with power and dahlin it just doesn’t seem worth the assets to me as an outsider

Reactions: Yatzhee

Genny Screamer

Jul 11, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I’m sure it’s been pointed out, but Chychrun grew up in Boca Raton, FL and are friends with the Pegula family.

Some will say that Terry makes personnel decisions, but the Sabres could’ve drafted him instead of Nylander.

He could be a fit in terms of need and developmental path, age, etc. However, where does he slot in with Dahlin, Power, Samuelsson, etc? Also, Sabres drafted Ryan Johnson and could sign him after his college season ends.

Sabres have ton of cap space, but they have to account for extensions to Dahlin and Power. They signed Thompson and Cozens to team friendly deals. It doesn’t make sense to overpay for a top 3 or 4 defensemen. It could upset the locker room when a decent player makes more than your superstar #1 center.

Chychrun could help the team, but at what price? Of course, you’re getting an asset that allows you to trade other assets. Sabres do have an abundance of offensive prospects, but why squander them when you don’t know exactly what you have.

It might be nice for the Pegulas to have a family friend on the team, but it could create issues down the road.

GRob83

Feb 3, 2010
Washington was reportedly interested in Chychrun. Does the trade for Sandin rule out a deal or could he be flipped with Mantha and some combination of McMichael and Draft picks to bring Chychrun to DC as he fits the time table a little better and AZ being in a full rebuild may want Sandin?

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Coyotes are overplaying their hand.

They say they'll wait for the offseason, fine. The market for a similar level player, UFA in 2 years can be approximated by the return for Debrincat: a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounder.

The longer they wait, the less they will receive for Chychrun, not to mention pissing him off royally by taking so long to trade him.

I guarantee when all is said and done, they'll get less for Chychrun then what the best offer was last summer.

Reactions: TheBigLetowski
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad