Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Wonder if Winnipeg gets in there
Heinola, Lambert and a 1st ;)

Dregger says the ask from Ottawa by Arizona is/was 2 1st round picks and one of Grieg or Sogaard.

So you can 100% cross Ottawa off the list.
Seems like there’s great wiggle room there. Downgrade on of the 1st to a 2nd and away we go. Greig, 1st, 2nd. Easy. :)

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
1677682525576.png

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Dregger says the ask from Ottawa by Arizona is/was 2 1st round picks and one of Grieg or Sogaard.

So you can 100% cross Ottawa off the list.
Makes sense given Chychrun's age, contract (especially at 50%), position (RD), and production this season. Not sure why people are shocked by the three piece ask.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Listening to the Dreger/Ferraro podcast last night and Ray said it could be getting to the point where Chychrun files a grievance against the Coyotes for how long he’s been sat out while healthy. As he put it last night “ this is now absolute bullshit”

Honestly could see it, he's been held out for a while now this is absurd.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Listening to the Dreger/Ferraro podcast last night and Ray said it could be getting to the point where Chychrun files a grievance against the Coyotes for how long he’s been sat out while healthy. As he put it last night “ this is now absolute bullshit”
So what about all the other players that end up being scratched for 3/4 of a season because they aren’t as good as players in front of them? How on earth is it different? I get it he should be playing. And I get it. It’s a gong show over in coyote land. I don’t remember a time when the coyotes where a model team though so is anyone even shocked? I personally think the team can ice who ever they want. It’s their team. They own it. They pay to operate it. If they think sitting chychurn is in the franchises best interest then that’s what they should do.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
So what about all the other players that end up being scratched for 3/4 of a season because they aren’t as good as players in front of them? How on earth is it different? I get it he should be playing. And I get it. It’s a gong show over in coyote land. I don’t remember a time when the coyotes where a model team though so is anyone even shocked? I personally think the team can ice who ever they want. It’s their team. They own it. They pay to operate it. If they think sitting chychurn is in the franchises best interest then that’s what they should do.
Well, the team has come out and said that he’s sitting due to trade related reasons, not due to play or coaches decision. Also, games played goes into the level of pension players get from the PA when they retire. As unlikely as it is, what happens if Chychrun suffers a career ending injury next year and the 1/4 of a season or wherever he’s at that the Yotes have been sitting him would have put him up a level in the pension plan.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
What part of the CBA does sitting Chychrun violate?
I can definitely see it being addressed in the future how to handle this but clearly it’s an issue now. If it’s sit for a week no problem but now the optics of how the coyotes are treating their star is doing no favours for the franchise going forward

Reactions: Kegs

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Not even remotely the same thing. He's likely their best player. Could be considered tanking especially if he isn't dealt. Joke of a franchise should be relocated with all the shit over the years
You’re not wrong. It’s not necessarily fair by any means. But it’s a business. Chychurn is getting the business treatment.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Hi Arizona fans feel free to destroy me verbally. Here's a trade I was thinking about:

To Avs: Chychrun, Schmaltz
To Yotes: Avs 1st 2023, Girard, Newhook

The idea being, short term at their peak players to Avs, long term talent to Arizona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad