Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I hope that Guerin gets back in on this. Chychrun's contract is almost tailor made for MN's salary cap situation, and even though MN needs offense more than anything, Chychrun can provide some of that from the back end. Doesn't hurt that his childhood friend and teammate, Duhaime, is on the team.

Slot Chychrun into the top 4 with Spurgeon, let Brodin do the heavy lifting when it comes to defensive matchups. sneaky good fit for the Wild, if they can't get an offensive C, which is their biggest need.

Reactions: Prarievarg

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Pinto I cant see us giving up,and he is the reason why we could move Grieg...And the 1st ,a legit top 4 defender is what this team needs and we all knew would be expensive
Greig and the 1st would be good enough for me. Seems like Armstrong wants Greig and two 1sts which seems crazy. Maybe we compromise and make it a 3rd and some C prospect AZ likes more than Ottawa does?

I hope that Guerin gets back in on this. Chychrun's contract is almost tailor made for MN's salary cap situation, and even though MN needs offense more than anything, Chychrun can provide some of that from the back end. Doesn't hurt that his childhood friend and teammate, Duhaime, is on the team.

Slot Chychrun into the top 4 with Spurgeon, let Brodin do the heavy lifting when it comes to defensive matchups. sneaky good fit for the Wild, if they can't get an offensive C, which is their biggest need.
What’s your offer?

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
If Provorov is on the market, the way things are going he'll be gone before Chychrun too.

Really hope for Arizona fans's sake the GM knows what he's doing because with the LA and Edmonton deals yesterday the ideal/possible trading partners are rapidly drying up.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Honestly I think lots of the east has loaded up and feel Buffalo won’t go in on this as a guess.
Hes not a rental. Are the Sabres never supposed to try and compete? Are they never supposed to finish their roster?

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
If Provorov is on the market, the way things are going he'll be gone before Chychrun too.

Really hope for Arizona fans's sake the GM knows what he's doing because with the LA and Edmonton deals yesterday the ideal/possible trading partners are rapidly drying up.
Kings actually opened up more cap space. Possibly another move coming in LaLaLand

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
To Arizona
Buffalo's 2024 1st
Noah Oustland
Buffalo's 2023 2nd
Buffalo's 2023 4th
Victor Olofsson

To Buffalo
Jacob Chychrun
Lawson Crouse

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Hes not a rental. Are the Sabres never supposed to try and compete? Are they never supposed to finish their roster?
That is going to be a lot of money tied up on the left side is more my point when you could chase a better fit on the right

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Greig and the 1st would be good enough for me. Seems like Armstrong wants Greig and two 1sts which seems crazy. Maybe we compromise and make it a 3rd and some C prospect AZ likes more than Ottawa does?

What’s your offer?
2023 1st, Ohgren, Addison (leads the Wild, and all rookie Dmen in points, but would be somewhat superfluous with Chychrun coming over), Goligoski/Greenway(for MN cap purposes).

We could also talk about sending a LHD prospect like Lambos ARI's way, but that's an overpay, for me. Wild have a lot of decent or better LHD prospects, and could afford to lose one if they acquire Chychrun.

Retention not needed from ARI.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Is carolina really in search or need for another D man? I feel like they already have a top 5 defensive core
They are going to need a top-1 defensive core to take on NJD/NYR and then Boston/Toronto/TB in the East. They couldn't make a deal for offense so they may as well shut opponents down as hard as they can.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
based on this, it seems as though there is an implicit understanding between chychrun and armstrong that he will be traded to a team that is fighting for the cup. that would seem to rule out columbus who is in last place in the nhl. chychrun doesn't have an ntc so armstrong can trade him wherever, but to trade him to columbus after that statement from chychrun would be doing him dirty. coyotes fans, am i off base here?

Yeah it seems to me that's the case too and if you actually want to fight for a cup why Columbus -- 100% agree with you honestly. Especially because your contract is only for a couple years and you become a UFA after that and can choose where you go at that time.

But anyway -- reportedly Chychrun changed his mind about Columbus last summer after they signed Johnny Hockey so I'm assuming CBJ is still ok -- which, again to me makes no sense bc that team is currently the worst team in the league and they just traded their overperforming goalie.

A lot of people think the future is bright over there though -- they say Columbus' prospects are truly top tier (especially on D), and if that's the case maybe this team is only a 1C and a G away from competing, and maybe Kent Johnson is that 1C. Or maybe Bedard if the Jackets finish the year this bad. Idk.

But yeah, for whatever reason Chych was ok with Columbus as a destination after the JG signing. To me, doesn't make any sense either but what do any of us actually know. *shrug*

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Yeah it seems to me that's the case too and if you actually want to fight for a cup why Columbus -- 100% agree with you honestly. Especially because your contract is only for a couple years and you become a UFA after that and can choose where you go at that time.

But anyway -- reportedly Chychrun changed his mind about Columbus last summer after they signed Johnny Hockey so I'm assuming CBJ is still ok -- which, again to me makes no sense bc that team is currently the worst team in the league and they just traded their overperforming goalie.

A lot of people think the future is bright over there though -- they say Columbus' prospects are truly top tier (especially on D), and if that's the case maybe this team is only a 1C and a G away from competing, and maybe Kent Johnson is that 1C. Or maybe Bedard if the Jackets finish the year this bad. Idk.

But yeah, for whatever reason Chych was ok with Columbus as a destination after the JG signing. To me, doesn't make any sense either but what do any of us actually know. *shrug*
Not to mention that Chychurn can be traded to 31 teams since modified NTC doesn’t kick in until July.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
The number of dance partners keeps dwindling for the Coyotes. How long has this guy been openly on the market for?

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I'd rather Adams give Savoie and some 2nds and B prospects than Ostlund and a 1st.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
The number of dance partners keeps dwindling for the Coyotes. How long has this guy been openly on the market for?

He's been on the market since around the beginning of the 2021-2022 season. Imo another couple of days (or another couple of seasons) probably isn't really going to make too much of a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad