Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Correct. They require market price payment for dumps. They’re viewing it as “two separate transactions” (direct quote from Friedman).
Carolina coming in after losing out on Meier would require no Cap dumps or retention. Just futures for Chychrun.

I wouldn't be surprised if they moved on him at 1st + 1st + 2nd. Or the equivalent prospects. They apparently offered 6 pieces for Meier at the end (1st + 2nd + 4 B assets)

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
looking like an offseason trade where his ntc kicks in lol
It’s Monday. Today is Monday. Friday comes at the END of the week. This is the beginning of the week.

Carolina coming in after losing out on Meier would require no Cap dumps or retention. Just futures for Chychrun.

I wouldn't be surprised if they moved on him at 1st + 1st + 2nd. Or the equivalent prospects. They apparently offered 6 pieces for Meier at the end (1st + 2nd + 4 B assets)
I’d take just the three picks from Carolina and be happy. If I could get Nikishin or Morrow instead of one, I’d be thrilled. Especially Nikishin (obviously). But if not, no bigggie. Would be happy with the picks.

Reactions: Nowotny and Kaizen

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Would zona have more interest in Lemieux as a 'cap dump' than Walker? Some minor league transaction got me wondering.

islandersbob

Jan 1, 2006
saved me
Correct. They require market price payment for dumps. They’re viewing it as “two separate transactions” (direct quote from Friedman).
Market value is quite low for taking on salary. That is definitely NOT the deal breaker, unless Arizona wants market value+++ for taking on some salary, which I'm sure every GM will balk at and look elsewhere to improve their team.

Between the Boston-Washington deal and the St. Louis-Toronto deal, Minnesota retained $3 million in salary and got 4th and 5th round picks.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Market value is quite low for taking on salary. That is definitely NOT the deal breaker, unless Arizona wants market value+++ for taking on some salary, which I'm sure every GM will balk at and look elsewhere to improve their team.

Between the Boston-Washington deal and the St. Louis-Toronto deal, Minnesota retained $3 million in salary and got 4th and 5th round picks.
I think total $ out by Minni is about $100K per transaction. That is likely doable but if aZ is eating term as well the expectation is the price they received for Ladd, Nemeth, etc. they aren’t going to take on Cal Peterson’s deal because he makes more yhan Chychrun the next 2 years. That made absolutely no sense for AZ. Especially when they have very good goaltending at a fraction of the cost.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
It’s Monday. Today is Monday. Friday comes at the END of the week. This is the beginning of the week.

I’d take just the three picks from Carolina and be happy. If I could get Nikishin or Morrow instead of one, I’d be thrilled. Especially Nikishin (obviously). But if not, no bigggie. Would be happy with the picks.
What suitors are left besides the kings lol

Reactions: deaderhead28

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Washington, Pittsburgh, Carolina, Columbus, St Louis and Ottawa are all being mentioned by national “insiders” today.
You forgot about Buffalo and Edmonton as well. They also mentioned Florida but we all don’t think they have the assets.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I think the true question now is, who is going to re-train Chychrun how to hockey?

1677529870153.gif

VinceFerrol

Feb 27, 2023
You forgot about Buffalo and Edmonton as well. They also mentioned Florida but we all don’t think they have the assets.
Buffalo has assets, but are not inclined to use them as they feel like this year is too early to tinker with their plan

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Im not sure thats the part that is the problem. Its that the teams that want him need Arizona to take back cap and the ownership is saying absolutely not. Either that or the compensation Armstrong is asking for to take back cap is too much.

What about, from the Sabres: Rosen and 2 2nd rounders. If that doesn't get it done, the Sabres don't need Arizona who is cash strapped to retain. Is there any other Cap dump the Sabres could take on? That way arizona can then use some of the extra space to recoup another prospect/pick?

Sabres should have room to take on a small cap dump that's expiring.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
What about, from the Sabres: Rosen and 2 2nd rounders. If that doesn't get it done, the Sabres don't need Arizona who is cash strapped to retain. Is there any other Cap dump the Sabres could take on? That way arizona can then use some of the extra space to recoup another prospect/pick?

Sabres should have room to take on a small cap dump that's expiring.
Im not a Coyotes fan so I dont think I can say what is fair or not for them. But Id imagine a first round pick has to be involved.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Im not a Coyotes fan so I dont think I can say what is fair or not for them. But Id imagine a first round pick has to be involved.

Well... Rosen was a 1st round pick just last year. Sabres have 3 2nd round pikcs this draft, one of them being Philly who should be around 41st. That's not far off from a value stand point from say, Carolina's first rounder which could easily be 30th.

Reactions: Schmooley

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Two 1sts and a 2nd has been the ask, it’s always been extremely fair, and it looks more and more fair by the hour at this point. It’s a bargain.

Generally agree, but if that's really the case straight up with no complications, it would have been done by now...as as you mention...

...the Kings/Yotes deal allegedly hung up on a salary move (Walker? Etc.), which seems like a petty detail at this point.

Not saying this is a bad thing necessarily but Armstrong is coming off as extremely stubborn which is why it makes sense suitors are starting to turn elsewhere.

Reactions: deaderhead28

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
As much as a few teams have loaded up, I See the Devils and Islanders as the only teams that have landed true difference makes. Chychrun, Kane and Karlsson are going to have a much bigger impact on the race than the Bruins, Bolts and Leafs moves over the weekend. Gonna be a real interesting week ahead.

fm

Jul 28, 2016
very surprised the PA is ok with this guy sitting out for... how long is it now? unless he really wants out himself and is truly willing.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
very surprised the PA is ok with this guy sitting out for... how long is it now? unless he really wants out himself and is truly willing.
The PA has no say in healthy scratches, regardless as to the reason behind it. It honestly baffles me how some believe the NHLPA or the NHL for that matter have some sort of input on a team's roster if all contractual guidelines are being met.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Chychrun to the Pens makes some sense if Dumolin is shipped out for a 2nd.

I could see a last minute deal when Arizona folds a bit on demand. Still landing a 1st,2nd,B prospect, and Smith or someone NHL ready like him

fm

Jul 28, 2016
The PA has no say in healthy scratches, regardless as to the reason behind it. It honestly baffles me how some believe the NHLPA or the NHL for that matter have some sort of input on a team's roster if all contractual guidelines are being met.
The PA and the league have both interceded to defend the 'spirit' of the CBA, competition, the nature of the game, etc, regardless of the letter of the law or contract. More so the league than the union. Many times.

Avery rule. Kovalchuk rule. Ever see Campbell's emails that were exposed during discovery? These are just the scenarios that have bubbled out to the media.

Reactions: wetcoast
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad