Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010

Buffalo won't pay what the reported adk was......2023 1st, one of Savoie/Kulich, LD Samuelsson. Those 2 prospects and that defenseman won't be moved is my suspicion, and if I'm Adam's, rightfully so. Given the way the Sabres growth is surging, no reason to.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
If Chychrun doesn't get traded, the NHL has to change the rules to penalize teams that are sitting players for no good reason. Totally unsportsmanlike.

We don't have any immediate plans to trade player X, but you never know....just a coincidence that the #1 overall happens to be a potentially generational player....nothing to see here.

Last edited:

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
To be fair most teams have been horribly unsuccessful if we rating success by cups.

We will find out soon enough. U know how we do. Over rating prospects. I remember when I thought spooner was gonna be a second line centre. Turns out I was right. Second line centre in the khl.

In the past 50 years, none moreso than Toronto.

Besides, what else is better to measure success by. Respect in the handshake line? That's one way to do it I guess

• Haha
Reactions: Kegs

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Neither do I. But the ask reported by reputable media with verifiable sources, is that Arizona is looking for the equivalent of two 1sts and a 2nd. Buffalo could do that rather easily, I think.

Could we? Sure.
Does Adams want to? Obviously not.

Now, is the reported price the price Armstrong is actually looking for? Who knows. I feel like if the price really was the equivalent of two 1sts and a 2nd.....SOMEONE would have stepped up and done that deal at some point.

Feels to me like Armstrong might be asking for the equivalent of three 1sts and the reported ask is what teams might actually pay.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Buffalo won't pay what the reported adk was......2023 1st, one of Savoie/Kulich, LD Samuelsson. Those 2 prospects and that defenseman won't be moved is my suspicion, and if I'm Adam's, rightfully so. Given the way the Sabres growth is surging, no reason to.

Nor should they as they are way better off keeping their 1st Savoie/Kulich and especially Samuelsson who they have on a sweet contract.

I like Chychrun but wouldn't trade either prospect and Samuelsson straight up for him.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Could we? Sure.
Does Adams want to? Obviously not.

Now, is the reported price the price Armstrong is actually looking for? Who knows. I feel like if the price really was the equivalent of two 1sts and a 2nd.....SOMEONE would have stepped up and done that deal at some point.

Feels to me like Armstrong might be asking for the equivalent of three 1sts and the reported ask is what teams might actually pay.
It’s always reported as the ask.

The complication may come down to the fact that Arizona isn’t going to accept any contracts back without being compensated for them with futures.

Rumor/speculation with LA is that AZ wouldn’t take Walker back without additional payment beyond what LA was willing to do.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
For Buffalo, I feel like their version of a 1st (or two) and a 2nd is going to be better than any team in on trade talks based on expected draft position. Even if Buffalo makes the playoffs, they're out quickly against Bos, Car, or NJ. Based on that I can't see KA giving up the reported ask without removing a piece or watering down the 3-piece package. Also, Buffalo has all the cap space so there's no need for ARZ to retain salary. I would go up to...

2023 1st and Rosen, or...
2023 1st, one of the 2nds, and a lesser prospect (Poltapov, Komarov, etc)

Anything like the 2023 1st and Kulich/Savoie, or including Samuelsson is either over the edge or damaging to the room. I don't see Armstrong pulling back on the demand though, so I expect this trade scenario (like almost any involving Buffalo) to ultimately be nothing more than smoke.

gvineq

Feb 6, 2023
It’s definitely possible. Its the one player I consistently hear that they keep checking in on. Ask hasn’t come down though and Arizona has no pressure to move him by Friday…so we’ll see

dsisasgree, how long is ownership willing to pay a guy millions to not play?

i get az has th reight to ask a premium however teams are no tobligated to meet that price.e
th current contract will eventually expirethe faster az moves on the better for their franchiseevnif they don't get 50 future hof'ers in retun

lets face facts no matter what they get people will say its wasn't enough

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that no one will meet the asking price, and he'ss still be on the team after the TDL. What a disaster this is poised to become.

I like Chychrun as a player, and I've always had a soft sport for the Coyotes. I hope they can find a reasonable deal and let every party move on.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaizen

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
For Buffalo, I feel like their version of a 1st (or two) and a 2nd is going to be better than any team in on trade talks based on expected draft position. Even if Buffalo makes the playoffs, they're out quickly against Bos, Car, or NJ. Based on that I can't see KA giving up the reported ask without removing a piece or watering down the 3-piece package. Also, Buffalo has all the cap space so there's no need for ARZ to retain salary. I would go up to...

2023 1st and Rosen, or...
2023 1st, one of the 2nds, and a lesser prospect (Poltapov, Komarov, etc)

Anything like the 2023 1st and Kulich/Savoie, or including Samuelsson is either over the edge or damaging to the room. I don't see Armstrong pulling back on the demand though, so I expect this trade scenario (like almost any involving Buffalo) to ultimately be nothing more than smoke.

For all the reasons you mentjoned, I wouldn't do those deals even.

It's not even strong arming, it's just, here's what we will pay, if you don't like it, it's all good, call us if you change your mind

Rosen + two 2nd rounders in 2023. Far as I would go.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Neither do I. But the ask reported by reputable media with verifiable sources, is that Arizona is looking for the equivalent of two 1sts and a 2nd. Buffalo could do that rather easily, I think.
I'm not sure, there's all kinds of crazy this and this type speculation, but that conversation caught my attention because a few mentioned the ask from LA, which I hadn't seen personally either.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I swear if Arizona still can't figure out how to trade him by Friday, what a waste of time it'll have been for Chychrun.

Dude's been forced to sit on the sidelines for over two weeks, healthy, which only hurts his value. :help:

• Haha
Reactions: Kaizen

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
If Chychrun doesn't get traded, the NHL has to change the rules to penalize teams that are sitting players for no good reason. Totally unsportsmanlike.

We don't have any immediate plans to trade player X, but you never know....just a coincident that the #1 overall happens to be a potentially generational player....nothing to see here.
Yeah, or maybe just penalize the Coyotes even he does get traded. Their intentions are obviously the worst.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
The market is going the other way and there's no mandate from AZ to trade this player. Buffalo has more assets than they can ever use (including Portillo and Johnson). Two seconds and a prospect isn't going to get it done.
I'm not expecting the price to go down, that's why it would take "luck".

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009

We don't have any immediate plans to trade player X, but you never know....just a coincident that the #1 overall happens to be a potentially generational player....nothing to see here.
Totally. When was the last time this guy played? He's going to be so rusty moving to a new team. Especially one playing playoff style hockey.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I swear if Arizona still can't figure out how to trade him by Friday, what a waste of time it'll have been for Chychrun.

Dude's been forced to sit on the sidelines for over two weeks, healthy, which only hurts his value. :help:
“Forced”? Haha. He’s in on it. 100%

Maybe with luck, the market will force the price down by Friday.
Price is likely going up.

Reactions: Nowotny
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad