Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Looking like a lot of GMs sick of armstrong with all the Chychrun players moving on to plan B d-men for a lot less. TO and Boston out, Edmonton sniffing around other more physical LHDs...

Chychrun standing around like last-pick Kessel at the ASG right now
Lol. Sure. A lot less. The more trades that happened the less “unreasonable” the ask (2x1st and a 2nd or prospect equivalents) of BA has been.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I don't see how the price goes up as we get closer to the deadline. Potential suitors are dropping off as they acquire other pieces. GMs are bound to get tired is this strong arm tactic and just abandon their bid all together, and Zona has some pressure to get a deal done after sitting him for like 10 games.

Not saying the price will for sure go down but I am not certain it will go up either.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Two 1sts and a 2nd has been the ask, it’s always been extremely fair, and it looks more and more fair by the hour at this point. It’s a bargain.
Im not sure thats the part that is the problem. Its that the teams that want him need Arizona to take back cap and the ownership is saying absolutely not. Either that or the compensation Armstrong is asking for to take back cap is too much.

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
In the McDavid/Eichel year Buffalo traded away both their starting goalie and their backup near the deadline.

There has never been rules against tanking. Arizona isn't winning or losing games based on Chychrun's availability.
Don't forget next year too.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
“Forced”? Haha. He’s in on it. 100%

Why would he intentionally sit out, though? That makes no sense.

And what's the end game, is he going to just start suiting up for them again next week and pretend all is well?

Seems like poor asset management either way.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Im not sure thats the part that is the problem. Its that the teams that want him need Arizona to take back cap and the ownership is saying absolutely not. Either that or the compensation Armstrong is asking for to take back cap is too much.
AZ could wait until the draft and trade him Columbus again.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Why would he intentionally sit out, though? That makes no sense.

And what's the end game, is he going to just start suiting up for them again next week and pretend all is well?

Seems like poor asset management either way.
Because he asked for a trade in September of 2021. He thought he was nearly out that trade deadline (Feb ‘22) and he got hurt, stuck in AZ, had to have surgery, couldn’t get dealt until he showed he was healthy and dominant. He’s been healthy and dominant. He wants out.

“Poor asset management”? I don’t think you know what that means.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Chychrun was always going to go to either LA or Ottawa. I think Armstrong was hoping a playoff team would be willing to overpay but it doesn't look like it. I actually don't believe Chychrun will be dealt at the deadline as Armstrong waits and hopes some team comes in at the last minute to make some crazy offer

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Im not sure thats the part that is the problem. It’s that the teams that want him need Arizona to take back cap and the ownership is saying absolutely not. Either that or the compensation Armstrong is asking for to take back cap is too much.
Correct. They require market price payment for dumps. They’re viewing it as “two separate transactions” (direct quote from Friedman).

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Because he asked for a trade in September of 2021. He thought he was nearly out that trade deadline (Feb ‘22) and he got hurt, stuck in AZ, had to have surgery, couldn’t get dealt until he showed he was healthy and dominant. He’s been healthy and dominant. He wants out.

“Poor asset management”? I don’t think you know what that means.

Ok.

So, just to sum it up, he's wanted out of Arizona for a year and a half, Arizona's been trying to move him, he's "healthy and dominant", and he's still been scratched for the last two weeks for "trade related reasons" - which is certainly a funny way of showing scouts he can still bring it.

If he's NOT traded by Friday, I don't know how you can consider that good asset management.

And I ask again, what's the end game here? Is Arizona negotiating in good faith or are they dragging their feet on making a move to finally get him out?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Ok.

So, just to sum it up, he's wanted out of Arizona for a year and a half, Arizona's been trying to move him, he's "healthy and dominant", and he's still been scratched for the last two weeks for "trade related reasons" - which is certainly a funny way of showing scouts he can still bring it.

If he's NOT traded by Friday, I don't know how you can consider that good asset management.

And I ask again, what's the end game here? Is Arizona negotiating in good faith or are they dragging their feet on making a move to finally get him out?
They are holding him out because last year they didn’t and he got hurt.

Reactions: PainForShane

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Ok.

So, just to sum it up, he's wanted out of Arizona for a year and a half, Arizona's been trying to move him,

They’ve tried to move him during the brief windows when that’s appropriate and possible. There have been two deadlines. The last one where he got hurt the week before and this one, which hasn’t passed yet.

he's "healthy and dominant", and he's still been scratched for the last two weeks for "trade related reasons" - which is certainly a funny way of showing scouts he can still bring it.

Have the scouts forgot to watch him play hockey until the last two weeks? This is ridiculous. He’s been excellent this season and has a proven body of work. There are no mysteries here among professional scouts. Fans might be mystified because they don’t watch Arizona play. Pro scouts have the book.

Anyone with half a brain gets that they’re bubble wrapping him because of what happened last deadline. And the only people that care are pee pants crybaby online fans.

Arizona is extracting maximum value and protecting their asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad