Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
ps take your time. JC

Jakob Chychrun on Twitter: 4 of the 9 fish today. Great day of the lake with my cousin ...

Big fish caught at Gardner Lake | gardnernews.com

Are those from this summer, at his cottage , 45 minutes from Ottawa.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Changing subject the Kings have to make a move when Grundstrom gets back.

Kupari to AHL?

Really, it should be Byfield the way he is playing.

Also, I know I’m always pushing toughness but do the Kings really think they can go into the playoffs with a 4th line of JAD-Kupari-Kayilev? Other teams like Vegas, Minny and Edmonton will be rolling out guys like Carrier, Foligno, Reaves, Kane, Kostin…

If the Kings don’t have faith in Lemieux this year they better add some grit by Thursday.

Can’t remember the last time someone threw a big hit or cleared someone in front of the net.

Last edited:

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Changing subject the Kings have to make a move when Grundstrom gets back.

Kupari to AHL?

Really, it should be Byfield the way he is playing.

Also, I know I’m always pushing toughness but do the Kings really think they can go into the playoffs with a 4th line of JAD-Kupari-Kayilev? Other teams like Vegas, Minny and Edmonton will be rolling out guys like Carrier, Foligno, Reaves, Kane, Kostin…

If the Kings don’t have faith in Lemieux this year they better add some grit by Thursday.

Can’t remember the last time someone threw a big hit or cleared someone in front of the net.
I saw somewhere that the Kings were interested in Austin Watson lol.

The leagues punching bag.

At that point we'd be better off bringing back Wayne Simmonds or Kyle Clifford and that is not an exaggeration.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

At that point we'd be better off bringing back Wayne Simmonds or Kyle Clifford and that is not an exaggeration.
Difference Watson PKs regularly and huge shot blocker, and can take a 4th line shift, others 2 not as much.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Difference Watson PKs regularly and huge shot blocker, and can take a 4th line shift, others 2 not as much.
I don't buy it.

Both Simmonds and Cliffy put up better numbers if given the games and ice-time Watson gets on the Sens.

Also not sure where you get that he's a good shot blocker from; he's not even in the top 200 in that stat.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Middleton is signed for two more years after this one, through the buyouts. He’s a fine defenseman, questionable if he’s a #4. More realistically a very good 5. The reason you’d make a move like this is to slot everyone better on the blue line and because you likely do not think any of Lambos, Hunt, ROR, or Peart are going to challenge for a top 4 role in the next two years.

This year’s blue line would be:
- Chychrun - Spurgeon
- Brodin - Dumba
- Middleton - Merrill (Faber when eligible to sign)
- Goligoski

Next year they roll into the year with:
- Chychrun - Spurgeon
- Brodin - Faber
- Middleton - Merrill
- Goligoski

All of the defensive prospects save one that potentially goes in this deal and Peart start the year in Iowa. Either year is much improved and long term gives them a back end capable of winning enough to be relevant with their goaltending while they bide their times on forward prospects filtering in, buyouts coming to an end, and convince Kaprizov to sign at a number he probably names.
Like I said before why would Minny overpay in assets given their pipeline and faith in that at least one of guys will be ready sometime in the next 2 years?

Besides Minny issues are on offense and primarily they need better forwards IMO.

In an ideal world Rossi without that lost year might have been ready to take on a bigger role in Minny.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Like I said before why would Minny overpay in assets given their pipeline and faith in that at least one of guys will be ready sometime in the next 2 years?

Besides Minny issues are on offense and primarily they need better forwards IMO.

In an ideal world Rossi without that lost year might have been ready to take on a bigger role in Minny.
The issue is, I and I think a few Wild fans, do not see this as an overpay.

If the Wild could add an impact forward with those types of assets I suggested who is cost controlled through this year and the following two at the type of cap number Chychrun is, they’d be all ears. Hard to come up with who would fit that mold however.

So their better move would likely be to build upon their strengths an expect their youth to filter in up front and provide hopeful improvement in production. They are in a unique position where as long as they have Kaprizov and some of the pieces they do, they are not going to be well off a playoff pace. So controlled, below market value, higher level talent may be more valuable to them than anyone else at this point.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
The issue is, I and I think a few Wild fans, do not see this as an overpay.

If the Wild could add an impact forward with those types of assets I suggested who is cost controlled through this year and the following two at the type of cap number Chychrun is, they’d be all ears. Hard to come up with who would fit that mold however.

So their better move would likely be to build upon their strengths an expect their youth to filter in up front and provide hopeful improvement in production. They are in a unique position where as long as they have Kaprizov and some of the pieces they do, they are not going to be well off a playoff pace. So controlled, below market value, higher level talent may be more valuable to them than anyone else at this point.
At the end of the day neither of our views or anyone else's here matters only the 2 GMs if such a proposal actually came up.

At this point I really don't care and have never had a dog in the race but would like for him to start playing again this sitting out is a farce.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022

Pony up your 7th rounder and make it happen.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I don't buy it.

Both Simmonds and Cliffy put up better numbers if given the games and ice-time Watson gets on the Sens.

Also not sure where you get that he's a good shot blocker from; he's not even in the top 200 in that stat.
Where is he on shot blocks for PK
The other 2 can’t PK
The other 2 are now washed up . Maybe you don’t watch them.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Anyone check on Chychrun yet after all of these trades? Or is he still locked in Billy's Dungeons under ASU asking to finally be traded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad