Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I was at Coyotes practice today. They were at my home rink. Chychrun was skating with the team and having a ton of fun. Laughing a goofing round with Shane Doan and his teammates and coaches. Gladhanding with fans and signing autographs and joking and laughing. He looked like he’s in great spirits.
Why not , being paid to golf and enjoy his break.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
At this point Kings fans don't even want him.

We're looking at these new shiny toys now.

nashville-predators-defenseman-jeremy-lauzon-and-left-wing-tanner-jeannot-are-shown-during.jpg

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Addison will be moved for certain between now and the opening of next season. It becomes a matter of for what. Given what their prospect pool is, you do not necessarily need youth, you ideally want cost control somewhere which is what Chychrun is.

When Middleton is a top 4 defender on the team and playing with their best defender, a LHD is a need. Someone who can QB a PP will also be a need when Addison is ultimately moved as well.

If the Wild don’t have to part with Lambos in a potential deal and could get away with a lesser D prospect, all the better. I’m just not convinced that gets a deal done. Maybe it does.
Middleton is only there with Brodin out, if they didn't have Brodin or Faber who is already NHL ready it would be one thing but it isn't.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Middleton is only there with Brodin out, if they didn't have Brodin or Faber who is already NHL ready it would be one thing but it isn't.
Middleton has been in the top 4 all season and more or less been stapled to Spurgeon since he arrived last year.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Middleton has been in the top 4 all season and more or less been stapled to Spurgeon since he arrived last year.
Fair enough as they are still easing Addison in but if Faber turned pro I don't think that would be the case.

Basically going forward Middleton most likely has seen his last days being in the top 4 of Minny and is a placeholder there.

Sometimes the difference of playing top 4 MPG is chemistry with their partner, guys like Methot with EK and Beukeboom with Brian Leetch and even this season Jaycob Megna with EK in San Jose but aren't really top 4 Dmen in a vacuum or are just temporarily there as place holders.

SimplyCoyotes

Jun 11, 2014
Seriously tho, I think Chychrun to WAS for the BOS 1st and Chesley, maybe another pick in the future is the deal that gets done.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Now that Carolina is out on Meier, what is the cost to get Chychrun on the Hurricanes?

2023 1st + Scott Morrow or Jack Drury + a couple B assets? (2nd or equivalent)

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Fair enough as they are still easing Addison in but if Faber turned pro I don't think that would be the case.

Basically going forward Middleton most likely has seen his last days being in the top 4 of Minny and is a placeholder there.

Sometimes the difference of playing top 4 MPG is chemistry with their partner, guys like Methot with EK and Beukeboom with Brian Leetch and even this season Jaycob Megna with EK in San Jose but aren't really top 4 Dmen in a vacuum or are just temporarily there as place holders.
Middleton is signed for two more years after this one, through the buyouts. He’s a fine defenseman, questionable if he’s a #4. More realistically a very good 5. The reason you’d make a move like this is to slot everyone better on the blue line and because you likely do not think any of Lambos, Hunt, ROR, or Peart are going to challenge for a top 4 role in the next two years.

This year’s blue line would be:
- Chychrun - Spurgeon
- Brodin - Dumba
- Middleton - Merrill (Faber when eligible to sign)
- Goligoski

Next year they roll into the year with:
- Chychrun - Spurgeon
- Brodin - Faber
- Middleton - Merrill
- Goligoski

All of the defensive prospects save one that potentially goes in this deal and Peart start the year in Iowa. Either year is much improved and long term gives them a back end capable of winning enough to be relevant with their goaltending while they bide their times on forward prospects filtering in, buyouts coming to an end, and convince Kaprizov to sign at a number he probably names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad