Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I was at Coyotes practice today. They were at my home rink. Chychrun was skating with the team and having a ton of fun. Laughing a goofing round with Shane Doan and his teammates and coaches. Gladhanding with fans and signing autographs and joking and laughing. He looked like he’s in great spirits.

Why would he not be in good spirits? Being paid a lot of money to goof around and watch hockey games

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I was at Coyotes practice today. They were at my home rink. Chychrun was skating with the team and having a ton of fun. Laughing a goofing round with Shane Doan and his teammates and coaches. Gladhanding with fans and signing autographs and joking and laughing. He looked like he’s in great spirits.
I have no doubt all of this is true.

I just think most people got confused and thought it was a game.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I have no doubt all of this is true.

I just think most people got confused and thought it was a game.
Stunning intellect.

He's a pro athlete getting paid millions to play hockey. A bonus he's not having to play and could potentially go to a playoff team.

Not much to be upset about lol.
I learned in this thread that he was the victim of a heinous crime perpetrated by the evil Coyotes and he was most likely curled up in the fetal position and sobbing uncontrollably.

Why would he not be in good spirits? Being paid a lot of money to goof around and watch hockey games
Are you suggesting that he’s of such low character as not to be appalled by the horrific offense to the game of hockey the Coyotes are guilty of?

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
he might not play again til after the trade deadline. now that would be absurd. The guys going to be rusty AF his first game back.
He missed 254 days with injury between his last game on March 12th and his return on November 21st. Guess how many points he had in his first ten games back? Nine. Two weeks is nothing.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
& he is Injury Prone
Bruh. He only has one major injury a season. #freechychurn

:sarcasm:

He missed 254 days with injury between his last game on March 12th and his return on November 21st. Guess how many points he had in his first ten games back? Nine. Two weeks is nothing.
poor you. Constantly reminding everyone that chychurn is elite and doesn’t care what they think.

Reactions: deaderhead28

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
So which is it? Now, you’re shifting your anxiety from rust to fitting in? How would he be any different from any other deadline acquisition in this regard?

no, not at all.But this case is different. we've all seen guys take time to adjust to a new team. The difference being most guys traded aren't held out for nearly 3 weeks before being moved, unless injured, which he isn't. If I'm a GM this would concern me.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
no, not at all.But this case is different. we've all seen guys take time to adjust to a new team. The difference being most guys traded aren't held out for nearly 3 weeks before being moved, unless injured, which he isn't. If I'm a GM this would concern me.
He will be fine. Don’t worry. The shiny new player will be as good as new. Like he just came out the box. New knees. New shoulders. He is practically bionic now. Notice how his shots even better now? This guys worth all the picks and prospects.

Reactions: Kaizen

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
254 days wasn’t a problem for him. He champed it like it was nothing. But you can have your feelings.

Calen Addison
2023 1st Round
Carson Lambos
That’s pretty good.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
If that's the expectation one can see why he hasn't been moved even though he is sitting because of an imminent trade.
I’m a Wild fan. I’d move Addison and a first no question but don’t think that moves the needle to get a deal done and would require another piece. Adding picks beyond this season given the uncertainty of what the buyout rosters will look like and perform at as probably even more questionable than adding a known prospect.

For the Wild, adding a defender like Chychrun could make some sense as it slots in their top 4 well through the buyout years and he’s on a deal he should comfortably outperform through those years which will help them manage their cap.

I think an add would be needed to Addison and a 1st. If you’re removing more picks from the equation for that add, and not adding an impact forward to their NHL lineup, they would likely want to stay away from their forward prospects added to a potential deal. So, in theory they would want to tap into their defensive prospects that they have significantly built up. Do the prospects in the pecking order at D behind Faber and Lambos move the needle enough to get a deal done? I don’t know.

If you would have Chychrun and Brodin as your two top 4 left handed defenders for the next several years, not all of Lambos, Hunt, O’Rourke, and Peart will have a place. And that’s only on the left side of their defensive group and not going deeper past Peart.

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
suspense-willy-wonka (1).gif

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I’m a Wild fan. I’d move Addison and a first no question but don’t think that moves the needle to get a deal done and would require another piece. Adding picks beyond this season given the uncertainty of what the buyout rosters will look like and perform at as probably even more questionable than adding a known prospect.
Addison and a 1st is one thing but adding a guy like Lambos is simply way too much.
For the Wild, adding a defender like Chychrun could make some sense as it slots in their top 4 well through the buyout years and he’s on a deal he should comfortably outperform through those years which will help them manage their cap.
Sure but not with the deal I was responding to.
I think an add would be needed to Addison and a 1st. If you’re removing more picks from the equation for that add, and not adding an impact forward to their NHL lineup, they would likely want to stay away from their forward prospects added to a potential deal. So, in theory they would want to tap into their defensive prospects that they have significantly built up. Do the prospects in the pecking order at D behind Faber and Lambos move the needle enough to get a deal done? I don’t know.
Sure they might have to add something to Addison and first but not a prospect like Lambos.
If you would have Chychrun and Brodin as your two top 4 left handed defenders for the next several years, not all of Lambos, Hunt, O’Rourke, and Peart will have a place. And that’s only on the left side of their defensive group and not going deeper past Peart.
Minny obviously is better not overpaying for a non need then.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Addison and a 1st is one thing but adding a guy like Lambos is simply way too much.

Sure but not with the deal I was responding to.

Sure they might have to add something to Addison and first but not a prospect like Lambos.

Minny obviously is better not overpaying for a non need then.
Addison will be moved for certain between now and the opening of next season. It becomes a matter of for what. Given what their prospect pool is, you do not necessarily need youth, you ideally want cost control somewhere which is what Chychrun is.

When Middleton is a top 4 defender on the team and playing with their best defender, a LHD is a need. Someone who can QB a PP will also be a need when Addison is ultimately moved as well.

If the Wild don’t have to part with Lambos in a potential deal and could get away with a lesser D prospect, all the better. I’m just not convinced that gets a deal done. Maybe it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad