Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
Why are people saying the Orlov trade is bad news? Orlov is 8 years older and a pending UFA and he returned a 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd. It seems to me that Chychrun over Orlov is easily worth the value gap between a late 3rd and a late 1st, right?
Because 1 less trade partner at the deadline, teams inquiring for chyc at the deadline arent gonna use the Orlov trade as a comp

Reactions: kp61c

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Why are people saying the Orlov trade is bad news? Orlov is 8 years older and a pending UFA and he returned a 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd. It seems to me that Chychrun over Orlov is easily worth the value gap between a late 3rd and a late 1st, right?
If the Bruin package is only lacking a top prospect.... I'd think Bruins shoulda went that route. Though Hathway is a decent double dip

Reactions: The don godfather

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
If the Bruin package is only lacking a top prospect.... I'd think Bruins shoulda went that route. Though Hathway is a decent double dip
Bruins also sent cap back and significant money was retained on who they picked up. Two things that its rumored Arizona isn't willing to do.

I mean for their sake I hope its not true because if it is the number of teams that can both fit him right now and are willing to part with anywhere close to the ask is very small and will most likely just mean that he is still a Coyote ten days from now.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

AND a cap dump AND came with retention and another useful gritty forward

Boston just showed it's a buyer's market for the myriad LHD available

Seriously man if you're going to lambaste people all thread for not showing the full picture maybe you should put your bag of rocks away in that glass house

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

Seriously man if you're going to lambaste people all thread for not showing the full picture maybe you should put your bag of rocks away in that glass house
Why wouldn’t Chychrun come with Bjugstad or Ritchie? Why wouldn’t AZ accept short-term dumps? They’ve shown a willingness when they picked up Ladd, Stralman, Gostisbehere, Ritchie, Kassian, Nemeth, and Weber, etc. There’s absolutely not a foregone conclusion that AZ wouldn’t be willing to do the same. They just expect payment. Chychrun is obviously more valuable than Orlov. That’s not debatable.

I asked a question. Why are people acting like this Orlov trade shows Chychrun is worth less than the equivalent of two 1sts and a 2nd?

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
We are just in February and they won't play him at all until they think they might move him? lol Not a tank move at all.
Whatever you do, don’t look at their record since.

Can they trade him already, this is putting my 1st place ranking in fantasy at risk ffs.
This has been 25% of the posts in this thread. Haha. Love it.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

He doesn't understand the difference in value.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
If anything, holding Chychrun out of the lineup hurts his value.

1.) He hasn't played in two weeks, so now he needs time to get back to speed. A buyer would like a player who can jump right in.

2.) He has the injury prone label, and Arizona is adding to the stigma by keeping him out longer than anyone else without a trade in sight because they're scared of him getting hurt again.

3.) How are you supposed to scout a player in the pressbox?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

1.) He hasn't played in two weeks, so now he needs time to get back to speed. A buyer would like a player who can jump right in.

2.) He has the injury prone label, and Arizona is adding to the stigma by keeping him out longer than anyone else without a trade in sight because they're scared of him getting hurt again.

I agree with your first two points, but do you really think there is a team out there considering trading for him, that hasn’t scouted him previously, or don’t know what he brings to the table?

Reactions: Kingspiracy

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

1) Who cares? He missed 254 days with injury between his last game on March 12th and his return on November 21st. Guess how many points he had in his first ten games back? Nine. Two weeks is nothing.

2) This makes zero logical sense. Teams weren’t worried about injuries until Arizona was worried about injuries? What? Is this also true of Gavrilkov and Schenn? Of course not. Of course teams have injury concerns with Chychrun. None of them have any additional concerns as a result of this. Why would they? There’s no logical reason.

3) NHL pro scouts forgot to watch his first 36 games this season? They were waiting for game 37 only to be disappointed and confused? Or did they forget what they saw in his first 373 games?

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I agree with your first two points, but do you really think there is a team out there considering trading for him, that hasn’t scouted him previously, or don’t know what he brings to the table?

A team that hasn't ever seen him play? No.

However, recency bias is a thing. Chychrun out of the lineup hurts that chance. A hot Chychrun right now would draw more attention than GM's looking at Chychrun game-tape from 2 months ago.

For example, P. Kane is lighting it up recently and now there's reports teams are interested, including the Rangers again. You could make the argument not as many teams would have been interested if he was under 'trade management' like Chychrun.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
1) Who cares? He missed 254 days with injury between his last game on March 12th and his return on November 21st. Guess how many points he had in his first ten games back? Nine. Two weeks is nothing.

2) This makes zero logical sense. Teams weren’t worried about injuries until Arizona was worried about injuries? What? Is this also true of Gavrilkov and Schenn? Of course not. Of course teams have injury concerns with Chychrun. None of them have any additional concerns as a result of this. Why would they? There’s no logical reason.

3) NHL pro scouts forgot to watch his first 36 games this season? They were waiting for game 37 only to be disappointed and confused? Or did they forget what they saw in his first 373 games?

1.) Teams care. Sample size matters. Just because he was hot when he returned from injury last time doesn't mean every time he returns from injury he's going to play great. If he can play great, prove it by letting him play.

2.) Teams were worried about injury, Chychrun playing would prove that he is healed. Holding an injury ridden player out of the lineup out of fear of injury doesn't instill confidence. This is a player who has never played 70 games in the NHL. The team trading for him is most likely a playoff team who wants to see he's healthy and can contribute.

3.) Recency bias. If Chychrun put up 10 points in the last 5 games, he's more enticing. The same as how Karlsson and P. Kane chatter picks up when they started playing well. Had teams never seen P. Kane or Karlsson play before? Of course they have. However, if you're a buyer and a player is lighting it up right now, you want the player coming to your team with confidence.

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
My humble opine is Chykrun is going to Trona. Zona is gonna get their local boy Knies, Rasmus Sandin and a cap dump in Holl or Kerfoot or maybe both. From a marketing standpoint they get a local boy, and a 3-4 D-man in Sandin, that can both step in. They can resign or flip the cap dumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad