Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2002
He'll be traded when a team offers assets that match the asking price.

What if no team will offer assets that match the asking price?
He is on the market for very long time now…

I guess he might sit the rest of the season then eh?
Maybe. Who knows. Let's worry about "what if no one matches the asking price" when we get beyond the deadline and he's still with the Coyotes, and Armstrong has to decide whether he's going to hold out forever for his asking price or if he's going to recognize what the market is saying about the trade value attached to Chychrun and adjust his ask price accordingly.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Maybe. Who knows. Let's worry about "what if no one matches the asking price" when we get beyond the deadline and he's still with the Coyotes, and Armstrong has to decide whether he's going to hold out forever for his asking price or if he's going to recognize what the market is saying about the trade value attached to Chychrun and adjust his ask price accordingly.
Every game they sit him and don't move him the bigger the joke becomes which is sad because there are some good fans in the desert but this is just a complete joke.

Dec 15, 2002
Every game they sit him and don't move him the bigger the joke becomes which is sad because there are some good fans in the desert but this is just a complete joke.
I'm sure every owner is worried about what a joke you, I or anyone else thinks their team is for whatever action they do or don't take. Maybe one day they'll run teams and the league according to fan voting.

I'm sure nothing could go wrong with that.

• Haha
Reactions: PainForShane

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I'm sure every owner is worried about what a joke you, I or anyone else thinks their team is for whatever action they do or don't take. Maybe one day they'll run teams and the league according to fan voting.

I'm sure nothing could go wrong with that.
I guess we will agree to disagree at this point, it's like like Arizona is the example of how to run an NHL franchise, man there are probably at least a dozen posters here who could do a better job than the current regime (or past ones) have done.

Reactions: Canadienna

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
But who runs the teams? The league? Or the coach and the general manager?

You can’t have the league mandating things like this, agency to decide who is on the ice is at the discretion of the team and should always stay that way.
Eh, the extent of the change could simply be to not say you're scratching someone for trade related purposes. Instead, say maintenance or something else.

Stupid? Sure. But it's a matter of optics and managing them is part of the leagues job. It's not too dissimilar from them fining coaches and GMs when they criticize the refs, as in their minds, it's an attack on the integrity of the league.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
...can't help but think that GMBA is dreaming about the Coyotes winning the lottery, the team and Chychrun would be better off if he stayed a Coyote. Being a Coyote fan, I know tanking does not guarantee a lottery win.

Last edited:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I imagine if the player had a problem with it he could file some sort of grievance. At the end of the day coaches are allowed to scratch players.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
I imagine if the player had a problem with it he could file some sort of grievance. At the end of the day coaches are allowed to scratch players.
I believe it's a Bill Armstrong decision and not Tourigny's.

Expecting Chychrun to get antsy and request reinstatement - predicting he'll get back in the lineup before the trade deadline

Hoping Chychrun stays a Coyote - a lottery win would change this franchise around immediately.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Well if he isn't traded then the whole sitting him will look even more ridiculous won't it?
It already looks fishy to bench him if they are aware that no deal is done.
The only explanation would be that whoever was dealt with, jumped off board last second and they thought it's a done deal.

I can only assume that Kings changed their mind and thought Walker + Lizotte + 4th isn't worth it.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
everyone wants transparency until they get it.

Next time they should just say that he has dutch elm disease and they are concerned his limbs are going to fall off.
I laud the team for transparency. Don’t hate the player, hate the game. The question is whether or not they should be allowed to do this, imo.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
The only explanation would be that whoever was dealt with, jumped off board last second and they thought it's a done deal.

I can only assume that Kings changed their mind and thought Walker + Lizotte + 4th isn't worth it.
I highly doubt that deal existed anywhere besides in your imagination.

Reactions: Kaizen and kinghock

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Chychrun is getting fat and rusty sitting around...
Make the trade already!

IrishFin

Jun 9, 2016
I laud the team for transparency. Don’t hate the player, hate the game. The question is whether or not they should be allowed to do this, imo.
It’s hard to see why it’s an issue. Even if he had been traded last weekend, these other teams still would have been playing the Coyotes without Chychrun on the ice. Not to mention the team acquiring him would have gotten better. The trade deadline itself messes with the competitive balance of the league due to teams being buyers and sellers every year. I don’t see how sitting him now makes that much of a difference when the end goal is a trade for both the player/team and the player is fine with it.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I highly doubt that deal existed anywhere besides in your imagination.
This is why i said it's pure assumption.
I guess i would get more credibility if i would phrase it like those crap slingers Friedman or Kypreos.

I heard Walker + Lizotte + 4th but i also heard other offers including draft picks from 1st round to 7th round and players. Several NHL teams could be involved.
Sources involved on both sides confirmed to me also it could be east or west coast teams.
And for the maximum clicks, i heard directly Toronto Maple Leafs are interested.

Does this sound more credible or official to you?

ARI should also scratch Ingram and the guy who scored in shootout for cautionary reasons
No worries, if you do this, we recall Peterson to guarantee your winning streak

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
This is why i said it's pure assumption.
I guess i would get more credibility if i would phrase it like those crap slingers Friedman or Kypreos.

I heard Walker + Lizotte + 4th but i also heard other offers including draft picks from 1st round to 7th round and players. Several NHL teams could be involved.
Sources involved on both sides confirmed to me also it could be east or west coast teams.
And for the maximum clicks, i heard directly Toronto Maple Leafs are interested.

Does this sound more credible or official to you?

No worries, if you do this, we recall Peterson to guarantee your winning streak

What do they say about people who assume?

Seriously though a 3rd line center and a bottom pairing 15 MPG Dman for Chychrun doesn't need any credibility or official filter for knowledgeable hockey fans.

Pass it off as a joke it works better that way.

Reactions: Nowotny

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
It’s hard to see why it’s an issue. Even if he had been traded last weekend, these other teams still would have been playing the Coyotes without Chychrun on the ice. Not to mention the team acquiring him would have gotten better. The trade deadline itself messes with the competitive balance of the league due to teams being buyers and sellers every year. I don’t see how sitting him now makes that much of a difference when the end goal is a trade for both the player/team and the player is fine with it.
It isn’t necessarily an issue in this circumstance. Abstractly though, it can present issues if the player desires to play. A player’s career is determined by their performance. A team can, to the detriment of a player’s career, keep a player out the whole season if they wanted to. They should be obligated to release or waive the contract if the player objects, similar to a player objecting to be sent to the minors.

Reactions: IrishFin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad