Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
If you take it out of context, then yes.
The point was actually that the 2nd pair LD needs to be a defensive minded D
But that isn’t a competitive NHL caliber second pairing. The point is your making your team better with Chychrun regardless of what you think the second pairing style should be. The kid can score 20 goals and play average to above average defense. You’re making Chychrun out to be one dimensional and has no interest in defending.

Reactions: Nowotny

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
He called it a conspiracy theory and also said he didn't think it was true.

"And then there come the conspiracy theories, which is like one a minor injury. There are some teams that believe that might be the case. Like not a thing that would concern you in trading for him but like a minor tweak or something like that, and they were just like "the end".

He then puts forward another conspiracy theory that it was performance related, and he was benched because the last goal in the last game was on him.

He says "Now I don't think that's true. But that's what happens. When there's this much of a news vacuum this stuff goes wild." and then him and Marek laughed it off.

I mean his language is pretty vague, but I think he's also clearly and deliberately reporting that there are "teams" that believe it.

GhostofYotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
You must have missed the news where Friedman just said that the Kings and the Coyotes are not even near to a deal.

Love your avatar though :)
I saw it, close or not they were still were reported to be discussing it, again. It seems like it's a bi-monthly discussion between the two teams.

Thanks man! I always find his takes funny, plus the memes are gold IMO.
That was last deadline or in the Summer before the King's goalies imploded & Lizotte was the 3C when LD looked like the biggest need. Not so much now. I'd be taking those chychrun assets & asking the Blues & Nashville if they have a goalie for sale.
You can believe that, but multiple sources have named the kings over the past year and a half. Not saying there is fire, I don't believe they "win" the Chychrun sweepstakes, but they've been having conversations by many accounts. I'd be pretty surprised to find out they haven't talked about it since the summer.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
BOS: two firsts (pick your years), Lohrei or Lysell, another prospect (not named Lohrei, Lysell, Harrison, or Poitras), Smith, Reilly

AZ: Chychrun (50% retained), Bjugstad

Who says no?
That would have to to be Lysell AND Lohrei. You’re signing Thrun anyway.

When does the NHLPA get involved here? Is it even allowed to sit a player for three weeks if hes completely healthy, and they are advertising it as trade protection?
Devils did this to Hall in December. Haha.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Looking like this could end up another case of him staying another season. Maybe Arizona hopes a team will be more inclined to meet their ask at the draft

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
For all the Pearl clutching I here from you fake ass Maud Flanders, the Yotes are 2-0-1.
You're right, the Coyotes are doing better without Chychrun. Guess the price is coming down with every Coyotes win without him.

Looking like this could end up another case of him staying another season. Maybe Arizona hopes a team will be more inclined to meet their ask at the draft
The longer Armstrong waits, the lower the return will be one would think. It's already gone from 3 years of a bargain contract to now 2 and a half years.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
When does the NHLPA get involved here? Is it even allowed to sit a player for three weeks if hes completely healthy, and they are advertising it as trade protection?

Why would it not be? He's still getting paid regardless. Pretty sure they'd be allowed to scratch him until July 2025 when his contract expires.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He will be traded by the deadline and it will be for a haul. Armstrong has been a good shrewd asset manager. Fans just want news and get frustrated when they don’t get fed their daily intake of drama - we have short attention spans and want the league to play out like our fantasy teams. And then you have the twitteratti trying to amplify every nugget of news or non-news into clicks and aggregations.

But big deals are complicated. Willing to bet patience pays off here - I can’t tell you how up and arms this site was during the Avs/ Duchene saga and the multitude of posters who insisted that Sakic didn’t know what he was doing and he was killing his team and tanking Duchene’s trade value every day he waited.

Reactions: Nowotny and Lt Dan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad