Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostofYotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Kaliev is already assigned a future goal scorer position and is off the table for trades.
We already went through the list of availables so many times.
What is the point of asking again and again?

Just as a reminder, off the table"
1st,23, Byfield, Clarke, Kaliev, Grans, Fagemo,
Roster player: Kempe, Vilardi, Kupari

At this point, a trade has to include either Durzi or Spence for cap reasons.

Any trade proposal including those assets will result in automatic refusal as it happen over the last 2 years.
This is not my idea, it's just my experience from former threads regarding Kings trades and management comments from the Kings side.
That's fine, 2023 2nd, 2024 1st, and 2025 1st for Chychrun. You guys can find someone else to take your cap dumps unless you'd like to add or upgrade a pick.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I still think there was real smoke with Chychrun to LA.

Who knows tho, things fall through.

I'm not even sure LA needs to make that deal anymore. They are finally healthy and are pretty cohesive. A less brighter light like McCabe may be a good add at this point.

Summer may be a better time to clear out contracts and/or make additions.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Stalled is literally the word he said
He offered a host of theories and speculation that ran the full gambit of likelihood. You cherry picked.

I still think there was real smoke with Chychrun to LA.

Who knows tho, things fall through.

I'm not even sure LA needs to make that deal anymore. They are finally healthy and are pretty cohesive. A less brighter light like McCabe may be a good add at this point.

Summer may be a better time to clear out contracts and/or make additions.
Seems like it was close. Seems like LA thinks a dump or two is the cost of doing business and AZ wants separate line items on the invoice for those items. Not insurmountable.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
The injury conspiracy theory was first spouted by Dreger. He does what the Leafs ask of him. They're trying to drive the price down.

There is no injury.

Whether there is an injury now or there isnt, I would still be extremely cautious in trading for Chychrun. I certainly wouldnt give up anywhere near what the suspected asking price is.

Someone is going to trade for him, then they will be extremely disappointed that he wont be available for many playoff games.

Does anyone actually think Chychrun can survive the grind of the playoffs? He has never even played more than 70 games in 1 season.

Reactions: deaderhead28

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Thinking about this LA deal being “stalled” by “contract” issues makes me wonder.

Walker has another year left at 2.65aav.

Arizona has been receiving nice assets for these types. Stralman (1yr 5aav) netted them a 2nd and Kolyachonok while Nemeth (2yrs, 2.5aav) got them TWO 2nds. It wouldn’t be too crazy to think Arizona would ask for a 2nd for Walker.

Meanwhile, if Blake is already paying full market price for Chychrun and he knows full well that Walker really isn’t that bad of a player, maybe he thinks AZ should eat him as the cost of doing business.

Stralman was great for Arizona. Much better than expected. Nemeth has also been way better than expected. Nick Ritchie, too (who netted AZ a 2nd) and Gostisbehere has been phenomenal (PHI gave AZ a 2nd to take him). Even Ladd was a positive addition (AZ got a 2nd and a 3rd). Really only Kassian and the Vancouver dumps were poor performers, as far as the dumps for assets go.

Maybe Armstrong doesn’t care that Walker is a decent depth player. Maybe he wants the same value he’s been getting in these deals. That’s somewhat understandable. Maybe Blake is scoffing at that because it’s really just a throw in to facilitate things and he doesn’t have a need to dump, outside of this framework. Also understandable.

Maybe that’s the impasse.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

GhostofYotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
No ‘23 1st, no deal. I’m not trading Chychrun for a 15 year old.
I'd prefer it, but it's not a deal breaker. They want to hold all their best assets, they can figure out how to fit Chychrun into their cap, not our problem. If they want to work with us and give us what we actually want, we can help ease some burdens for them.

Plus, I intentionally did not put conditions on those picks as we'd have to wait to use them, as well as their likelihood of being later picks than we would want. One injury plagued season from LA and we're drafting top 10.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I'd prefer it, but it's not a deal breaker. They want to hold all their best assets, they can figure out how to fit Chychrun into their cap, not our problem. If they want to work with us and give us what we actually want, we can help ease some burdens for them.

Plus, I intentionally did not put conditions on those picks as we'd have to wait to use them, as well as their likelihood of being later picks than we would want. One injury plagued season from LA and we're drafting top 10.
If I were calling the shots, I’d hang onto Chychrun if I couldn’t get a ‘23 1st. I’d drag this all the way into draft day if that’s what it took.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Andre Tourigny indicated today when speaking to the media that this was a team decision, specifically “Billy” (Bill Armstrong). He also walked back his previous statement that Chychrun would be held out “until something happens” and now say the decision to play or not to play is “day to day”. He did indicate that Chychrun will continue to skate but will be separate from the team.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Chychrun doesn't fix Lizotte at 3C.
Chychrun doesn't fix goaltending.
Chychrun might be a minor improvement over Edler & Durzi on his off side, defensively.
Chychrun might help boost offense.
Kings don't need help with offense when Iafallo isn't shutting down the top 6. Ask Crosby.
Chychrun would be hard pressed to make the PP on the King's. Kings PP is good this year! I'm shocked too!

Chychrun doesn't make the King's a contender.

Why give up anything more than we got for Muzzin?
1st, JAD, Grundström. Maybe, swap Fagemo in there. Maybe. Trade doesn't move the needle.

AZ, feel free to move him to another team looking to give up good prospects.

Reactions: deaderhead28

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Thinking about this LA deal being “stalled” by “contract” issues makes me wonder.

Walker has another year left at 2.65aav.

Arizona has been receiving nice assets for these types. Stralman (1yr 5aav) netted them a 2nd and Kolyachonok while Nemeth (2yrs, 2.5aav) got them TWO 2nds. It wouldn’t be too crazy to think Arizona would ask for a 2nd for Walker.

Meanwhile, if Blake is already paying full market price for Chychrun and he knows full well that Walker really isn’t that bad of a player, maybe he thinks AZ should eat him as the cost of doing business.

Stralman was great for Arizona. Much better than expected. Nemeth has also been way better than expected. Nick Ritchie, too (who netted AZ a 2nd) and Gostisbehere has been phenomenal (PHI gave AZ a 2nd to take him). Even Ladd was a positive addition (AZ got a 2nd and a 3rd). Really only Kassian and the Vancouver dumps were poor performers, as far as the dumps for assets go.

Maybe Armstrong doesn’t care that Walker is a decent depth player. Maybe he wants the same value he’s been getting in these deals. That’s somewhat understandable. Maybe Blake is scoffing at that because it’s really just a throw in to facilitate things and he doesn’t have a need to dump, outside of this framework. Also understandable.

Maybe that’s the impasse.
I personally wonder if it was Peterson's limited NTC , but it is purely speculation on my part

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I personally wonder if it was Peterson's limited NTC , but it is purely speculation on my part
I thought about that. But he’s buried in the AHL. At least in Arizona he’d likely get a legit crack at the NHL squad. Seems like he’d waive. But not sure.

I also thought about what his negative value looks like. Based on comps, I think it’s AT LEAST a 1st rounder. Wouldn’t that be too hard to cram into a deal for Chychrun where the acquisition cost is already high?

I still think Blake is hesitant on the assets Ari wants for Chychrun. Honestly, I'd rather look elsewhere and get some sandpaper instead. That Manson trade Colorado pulled last season was extremely under rated IMO.
Friedman, for what it’s worth, is insinuating the Chychrun price was possibly close to being settled but the hiccup was with the necessary dumps. Specifically, Arizona wanting to view them as a “separate transaction”.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Chychrun doesn't fix Lizotte at 3C.
Chychrun doesn't fix goaltending.
Chychrun might be a minor improvement over Edler & Durzi on his off side, defensively.
Chychrun might help boost offense.
Kings don't need help with offense when Iafallo isn't shutting down the top 6. Ask Crosby.
Chychrun would be hard pressed to make the PP on the King's. Kings PP is good this year! I'm shocked too!

Chychrun doesn't make the King's a contender.

Why give up anything more than we got for Muzzin?
1st, JAD, Grundström. Maybe, swap Fagemo in there. Maybe. Trade doesn't move the needle.

AZ, feel free to move him to another team looking to give up good prospects.
We dont have a D with Chychrun's shot from the left side. He would easily make our PP.
But I generally agree with you, I feel we could get something that upgrades what we need that doesnt cost both arms and a leg like Chychrun, who misses a third of the games every season.

Reactions: kinghock

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Has there ever been a player on the trade block so long without ever really asking for a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad