Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
On one hand, would be interesting to be a fly on the wall at Gm meetings after all this. Reminds me of the leadup to the McDavid draft.

on the other, as a fan at least, I appreciate the honesty instead of a 'body injury' of some sort heh. If any of the players were against it I'm sure the PA would be loading their muskets

Probably not super helpful for Chychrun's value.
Nobody has even mentioned that it might be chychruns camp that shut it down. He played 30 minutes in his last game. They maybe suck if waiting and don’t want to be driven into the ground with monster minutes on a crap team they’ve been begging to get out of for a year and a half.

Arizona isn’t about to air out that kind of dirty laundry. So they release the PR they need to release to best manage the situation.

It’s not likely. But it’s possible.

It still should not be allowed. Teams should not be allowed to hold guys out for weeks/months in case they ar traded. They should be penalized for anything over say 3 games.
This isn’t new. The Devils did it with Hall recently. I believe the Rangers did it with McDonagh a few years before that. Columbus is now doing it with Gavrikov. They can do what they want. This is victimless. Unless you can show me on the doll where they hurt you. :)

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It still should not be allowed. Teams should not be allowed to hold guys out for weeks/months in case they ar traded. They should be penalized for anything over say 3 games.
we are at 2 games. they went 1-0-1 in those 2 games. That's a .750 points percentage against their season long around point percentage of what 0.400. You could punish AZ by taking away those 3 points. That would show them.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
we are at 2 games. they went 1-0-1 in those 2 games. That's a .750 points percentage against their season long around point percentage of what 0.400. You could punish AZ by taking away those 3 points. That would show them.
I think they should forfeit every single point they earn between now and the deadline. Heck, I’d be okay with just forcing them to forfeit the rest of the season. We can’t have this in our game. We need to send a STRONG message. A show of force.

Really wish the caps could swoop in and get something done here. With no D outside of Carlson signed for next season it would be nice to land him. To me this is exactly the type of pieces they should be targeting with Ovies last few seasons.
Fehervary, two 1sts, and whatever dumps you want.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Friedman was on Jeff Marek today, said Colombus is in on Chrychun. They are trying to trade Gavrikov and send that return to Arizona. They are asking for David Savard return on Gavrikov. A first and a third. Jackets first pick this year is not in play. But they are offering several prospects to Arizona in trade

Reactions: kinghock

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Friedman was on Jeff Marek today, said Colombus is in on Chrychun. They are trying to trade Gavrikov and send that return to Arizona. They are asking for David Savard return on Gavrikov. A first and a third. Jackets first pick this year is not in play. But they are offering several prospects to Arizona in trade
and Chychrun's camp apparently torpedoed a "done deal" at the draft between the two organizations before changing his mind after the Johnny Hockey signing. Columbus has shown strong interest we know that to be the case. So much that they had a deal worked out.

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
I think they should forfeit every single point they earn between now and the deadline. Heck, I’d be okay with just forcing them to forfeit the rest of the season. We can’t have this in our game. We need to send a STRONG message. A show of force.

They would probably balk at the 2 1st but if it came with allowing them to dump Mantha and Eller that’d be enticing.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

Take away all their points period. You finish dead last.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Upgrade that prospect. Needs to be Ceulemans.
Columbus would do that in a heartbeat, I'd expect. In fact, I'd expect Mateychuk to probably be the prospect ask, since he was the 12th OA pick that would've probably been headed to Arizona last draft anyway if the deal hadn't fallen apart.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Columbus would do that in a heartbeat, I'd expect. In fact, I'd expect Mateychuk to probably be the prospect ask, since he was the 12th OA pick that would've probably been headed to Arizona last draft anyway if the deal hadn't fallen apart.
its speculation but considering what they gave up to move up to take him but AZ likely would have taken Geekie at the 12ov pick. They traded with SJ to get him at 11 because the didn't believe he would make it past the 12th pick if they didn't.

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
What is the plan in Columbus? I'm sometimes confused by their moves.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
To be fair, aren't most of Columbus' issues this year injury related? I also think going to a team with Gaudreau, Laine and Werenski signed long-term with a legit shot at Bedard seems like a pretty appealing destination.

They have of course holes in the lineup but they’ve missed about half the roster.
No young rebuilding team can survive the amount of injuries they have.

Werenski& Voracek are 2 key guys that will end up missing 70 games both

Reactions: Jakey53

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

I didn't hear Friedman's radio hit today, but this tweet from him says it is just speculation on his part.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
The difference in the trade acquisition cost between Gavrikov and Chychrun is not very high. That plan could work out nicely for CBJ if they pull it off.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I'm just not sure WHY someone would give Columbus the assets instead of just getting Chychrun themselves, unless they were a team that was ONLY looking for a rental. Which is who? Like Gavrikov as your Chychrun back up plan, sure, but what team in their right minds would give Columbus most of the pieces they needed to complete a Chychrun deal instead of just getting Chychrun?

Reactions: JKG33

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Obviously Kings fans have shown to be completely objective about their prospects in here :laugh:

Yes, the "Clarke is only available for Makar" and "Clarke can make passes tape to tape, unlike Chychrun" are totally indicative that Kings fans evaluations of their prospects are completely based in reality.

It's going to be hilarious if Clarke goes the Derrick Pouliot route just to revisit some of the takes in here about him.
Let me explain it to you, as a King's fan I watched Muzzin on the top pair & PP for years. Muzzin had a good shot, poor passing & poor vision. I am very familiar with this type of D. Chychrun's low assist totals are probably in part due to his below average passing. That's fine, put him on the PP like Muzzin & let him rip shot after shot.

Chychrun would work well on the King's because like Muzzin, Doughty could cover his shortcomings.

Muzzin was traded for a 1st & 2X B level prospects, had won a cup on the top pair & had 2 years at 4M?

Clarke: Has lots of potential. He does a lot of things at a high level. Where does he end up? Who knows. For the King's to bail on that potential a star like Makar would be in the conversation, not a Muzzin clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad