Speculation: Jakob Chychrun being held out of the Coyotes lineup until a trade is completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Keeping this guy out of the lineup until the TDL is not cool.

He gets paid to play the games, and fans pay for tickets to watch him play the games. Figure it out. If he's healthy and on the team, he should be playing.
Asset protection. AZ has yet to lose in regulation since they sat Chychrun out.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
If the Kings 2023 1st is also unavailable along with Clarke and Byfield, I’m struggling more and more to see how they can make a Chychrun trade work. Let alone adding the goalie swap as well. Chychrun is a really damn good and valuable piece, and I don’t get how a team can think they can get him without giving up something they don’t want to give up.

Back to other teams who could be in on Chychrun, I think Edmonton should be all over him with his low cap hit. If Arizona is willing to retain, they can make the cap work just by including someone like Foegele as a cap dump. Bourgault isn’t lighting the world on fire in his first AHL season, but he seems like someone who Edmonton would be willing to trade that Arizona could want.
Arizona is welcome to pick and choose from LA’s list of their best assets, 24 years of age or younger. The only, very minor caveat is that they get to start selecting after the top 8, which are all iron-clad untouchable. :)

Holding him out is a great reminder to other GMs that he's an injury risk and might not be available for you in the postseason so buyer beware.
Same for Gavrikov right? Or when this was Hall? Or McDonaugh?

He gets paid to play the games, and fans pay for tickets to watch him play the games. Figure it out. If he's healthy and on the team, he should be playing.
Yeah. Arizona is a joke. Just like Columbus doing it with Gavrikov. And like New Jersey who did it with Hall. Or New York, who did it with McDonagh. All four organizations are extremely uncool for it.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Asset protection. AZ has yet to lose in regulation since they sat Chychrun out.

The fact that they won those few games is meaningless. You could prevent Billy Corgan from injuring his voice by having him not sing at his shows. But I'd be pretty mad if he just didn't perform at a show I go to.

Play him or trade him.

Arizona is welcome to pick and choose from LA’s list of their best assets, 24 years of age or younger. The only, very minor caveat is that they get to start selecting after the top 8, which are all iron-clad untouchable. :)

Same for Gavrikov right? Or when this was Hall? Or McDonaugh?

Yeah. Arizona is a joke. Just like Columbus doing it with Gavrikov. And like New Jersey who did it with Hall. Or New York, who did it with McDonagh. All four organizations are extremely uncool for it.

I'm not suggesting that Arizona is the only team to have ever done it. It is uncool from all of them.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
The fact that they won those few games is meaningless. You could prevent Billy Corgan from injuring his voice by having him not sing at his shows. But I'd be pretty mad if he just didn't perform at a show I go to.

Play him or trade him.
I have no idea what you are trying to say. I didn't realize the team was named the Chychrun Coyotes. You paid to watch the hockey game.

He's AZ's asset. AZ is doing whatever they can to maximize the return. That's BA's job.

Reactions: Nowotny

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

You have made a good point and it could have an effect on teams in the playoff hunt ...........

Reactions: banks

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I have no idea what you are trying to say. I didn't realize the team was named the Chychrun Coyotes. You paid to watch the hockey game.

People pay to see players play, it's really that simple. Maybe it means more to a kid who is a fan of a specific player and this isn't McDavid or Crosby we're talking about, but it does short the paying audience when a team intentionally sits good players.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
People pay to see players play, it's really that simple. Maybe it means more to a kid who is a fan of a specific player and this isn't McDavid or Crosby we're talking about, but it does short the paying audience when a team intentionally sits good players.
Is there outrage over Gavrikov? Were you upset when the Devils sat Hall? How about when the Rangers did it.

Give me a break. It's Chychrun not Matthews.

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
I’m not with you on the Lundkvist v Spence thing. But I am ok with Grans in this deal, if you want to keep Spence. Kaliyev, Grans and the ‘23 1st is ok for me. Even if you need to dump Lemieux and Walker on AZ. Those are shorter term and not that expensive. So I’m good with it.
I’m not ready to watch AK47 net 30 goals for the Yotes.

• Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Seems to be more speculation but it’s an interesting thought. I think Friedman’s idea is that the Jackets get a 1st for Gavrikov and then add to that 1st to get Chychrun.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Do you seriously think that the people here who post "have you watched them play" have actually watched them play?

well, even just as an example I'm pretty willing to bet you've never seen one full game of Alex Turcotte (much less the entire list you went down), but you're speaking like you know his whole career even though you completely forget he missed much of last year. So if the shoe fits...

You don't respond to statistical evidence nor narrative evidence from people with season tickets to see said players, so whatever, keep rambling ignorantly, we're done here.

The problem is you're reading this wrong.

It's not an indictment of Kings' fans overvaluing their prospects.

It IS a reflection of how little value Chychrun has to us relative to teams who are more window-open. The Kings are not in win-now mode as much as BOS/TO/EDM and getting Chychryn still leaves the Kings with holes that could only be filled by--you guessed it--said blue chip prospects.

Should they not pan out, we're f***ed anyway, sure. And not even the most homerish Kings fan believes they're all roster/NHL locks. But this isn't going to be Kopitar and Doughty's team much longer. And clearly Chychrun isn't a team-carrier. So giving up the entire near-future for that is foolish.

And again withall the usual disclaimers--yes I'm full aware of what's 'fair' value for Chychrun and we're saying we (as fans, who knows what Blake is even doing anymore) wouldn't be willing to give that up. Yes, Chychrun is a fantastic player but clearly not a franchise player. And yes, there's a decent chance that some of the bluechippers don't pan out.

But who knows, maybe Blake unfortunately decides we're in win-now mode with the better teams and goes bonkers. The fact that the trade hasn't happened yet though seems to suggest otherwise.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
If the Kings 2023 1st is also unavailable along with Clarke and Byfield, I’m struggling more and more to see how they can make a Chychrun trade work. Let alone adding the goalie swap as well. Chychrun is a really damn good and valuable piece, and I don’t get how a team can think they can get him without giving up something they don’t want to give up.

Back to other teams who could be in on Chychrun, I think Edmonton should be all over him with his low cap hit. If Arizona is willing to retain, they can make the cap work just by including someone like Foegele as a cap dump. Bourgault isn’t lighting the world on fire in his first AHL season, but he seems like someone who Edmonton would be willing to trade that Arizona could want.
This is why the Kings fans tell the Arizona peeps to look elsewhere.
We do not have what you need because we the Kings value their top assets more than Chychrun.
Also Copley just signed a new contract which downgrades the need for a goalie to 0

It's really not that complicated.
I understand that the Kings assets makes everyone drool but we will keep what we need and trade what we have in abundance

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Is there outrage over Gavrikov? Were you upset when the Devils sat Hall? How about when the Rangers did it.

Give me a break. It's Chychrun not Matthews.

I can't answer the first three as a) I am not a fan of the Jackets, Devils or Rangers and b) I wasn't at any of those games.

As for the Matthews comparison, I literally addressed that in my post by acknowledging that Chychru is no McDavid or Sid.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Chychrun to the jackets is best case scenario for my fantasy lineup folks

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
There's not really anything to be done about it, but as logical as it is from an asset management point of view, it is pretty disdainful of the sport as an entertainment product to be scratching guys 3.5 weeks out from the deadline.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
There's not really anything to be done about it, but as logical as it is from an asset management point of view, it is pretty disdainful of the sport as an entertainment product to be scratching guys 3.5 weeks out from the deadline.
Nah. If, on the other hand this was LeBron James "resting" and sitting out a game when we know how so many people paid just to see him, that would be aggravating. This is whatever.

Reactions: Curufinwe

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Makes sense

Team A : Gavrikov (retained)
CLB : Chychrun
ARI : Prospect (2nd round value) + Late 1st (teamA) + 2nd (CLB - basically 1st)

So essentially:
25-30 pick + 31-35 pick + A-/B+ prospect for Chychrun.

Retained Gavrikov to contender for late 1st

Chychrun for Gavrikov + prospect + 2nd

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad