Player Discussion Jake Sanderson (D) PART 3

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Whatever suits your fancy... But I mean you have gone around and criticized damn near everything for years which is fine but when you're also constantly pumping Mete in the GDTs it kind of makes you wonder about your judgement
Not a competition Champ.

Maybe you can provide a specific example to your claim.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
If Sanderson isn’t better than chabot then I’ll be disappointed. But he will so I won’t. :)

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
1659300383400.png

Remember me?

Let's wait for the kid to actually play an NHL game, mmmk?

Reactions: NB613 and bert

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
That little flippy wrister on net at the BSP skate didn’t look ready for the NHL season … maybe he just didn’t want to injure CAT.

jake1

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
Sanderson was UND's best player since Toews. Could he be on the same timeline? Year one, above .500, just miss the playoffs. Year two, lose in conference finals. Year 3, cup.

Reactions: Alex1234

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Cowen and Sanderson are far far apart. But yeah I agree let’s let him play first. I’m just confident and don’t mind typing it in the anonymous internet for fun ;)
If Cowen didn't get career altering injuries, he'd probably have remained a staple to our top 4. He was a mean mofo, decent at puck retrieval and not terrible at break outs either. He was supposed to be our knew Phillips with a physical edge.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
If Cowen didn't get career altering injuries, he'd probably have remained a staple to our top 4. He was a mean mofo, decent at puck retrieval and not terrible at break outs either. He was supposed to be our knew Phillips with a physical edge.
Big cowen fan here. I give him the benefit of the doubt that the injuries are what derailed his career completely. But…the guy was a dumbass between the ears. This is the biggest difference between them.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Cowen had zero idea where to be on the ice.

Reactions: bert

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Big cowen fan here. I give him the benefit of the doubt that the injuries are what derailed his career completely. But…the guy was a dumbass between the ears. This is the biggest difference between them.
I remember about a decade ago, there was a thread where people posted what they thought our prospects ceiling/floors were.

One poster said he thought Cowen's floor was Braydon Coburn, and at the time I thought "it would be disappointing if Cowen only reached Coburn's level".

🙃

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He never had the puck skills or the hockey sense. He lacked intelligence, specifically his ability to understand his own skillset. His interviews didn't help either, large ego unwilling to acknowledge or work on his deficiencies. Obvious from the WJC on. In 2011 he was on the ice for 3 of 4 of Russias goals in the third period. Thankfully him and Sanderson are nothing alike.

I do think this teams playoff hopes do hinge on how quickly Sanderson develops into a legit top 4 d man. If he does quickly they should have a chance. I hope he is paired with Zub, that will give him the best chance to succeed.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
I remember about a decade ago, there was a thread where people posted what they thought our prospects ceiling/floors were.

One poster said he thought Cowen's floor was Braydon Coburn, and at the time I thought "it would be disappointing if Cowen only reached Coburn's level".

🙃
Yeah I was hoping for a chara replacement :)

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
It's gonna take some time for Sanderson.

It's JBD and Thompson who need to knock the door down this coming camp.

If Sanderson impresses early on, it's no guarantee he'll play like that all season.

Reactions: bert

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
It's gonna take some time for Sanderson.

It's JBD and Thompson who need to knock the door down this coming camp.

If Sanderson impresses early on, it's no guarantee he'll play like that all season.
Sanderson is going to come in and play a solid defensive game to start, but conservative offensively. Then he'll slowly start figuring out what he can do and be a catalyst on top of his good D.

I'm confident he'll be very good from the get go but won't put up points and people will be pointing fingers saying he's not the next Makar - which he never will be. The offence will come.

Very likely not this year but eventually he will become the most important hockey player on the team. Can totally see him making a big difference this year though, I think he's almost forgotten in the whole revamp this summer.

It is a lot to expect of a rookie, I know. The D will be much improved with him doing what he does best and adds an element this team desperately needs, while also taking minutes away from guys that are below average.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Sanderson is going to come in and play a solid defensive game to start, but conservative offensively. Then he'll slowly start figuring out what he can do and be a catalyst on top of his good D.

I'm confident he'll be very good from the get go but won't put up points and people will be pointing fingers saying he's not the next Makar - which he never will be. The offence will come.

Very likely not this year but eventually he will become the most important hockey player on the team. Can totally see him making a big difference this year though, I think he's almost forgotten in the whole revamp this summer.

It is a lot to expect of a rookie, I know. The D will be much improved with him doing what he does best and adds an element this team desperately needs, while also taking minutes away from guys that are below average.
You're hitting on a key element about our defence... taking minutes away from guys that are below average

I did the math about two weeks ago. About 40% of our man games on D should be played this year with an upgrade on that slot from last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad