Player Discussion Jake Sanderson (D) PART 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Him & Power tied for the points for rookie D, gonna be fun to see who gets the most there. Sanderson is definitely producing at a dope level for a rookie

atmx093

STUDzle
Jul 2, 2014
Gatineau
We have two highly exceptional players in Stutzle and Sanderson. Amazing that they can play at such levels despite them still being super young. I love watching both of them play, they're smart and can read the game like they've been playing in the NHL for years.

Reactions: Agent Zuuuub

Pinto Bean

Sep 13, 2009
Ottawa
It's incredible that he's been able to improve exponentially as the season has gone on while his workload has also been increasing ten-fold.

I really thought there would be a fatigue at some point given his typical NCAA season was about 20 or games due to injuries and such. Really a testament to his training, preparation, and his overall skillset.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Brannstrom looked better QBing the PP. I think it's time to spread the playing time amongst other D for the PP.
It's likely they will get more PP time due to injuries, but the PP has been one of the best in the NHL for most of the yr why would you change that if you don't have to? And they have two good PP units now, they would only have to change it if someone who is on it now does not return next yr.

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018

Sanderson won't win the Calder because it is a points trophy voted on by know-nothing media, but he will certainly have the best career out of all the rookies, and is currently the best player.

I'm an Owen Power fan, as he's played very well for Canada, but defensively, Sanderson is miles ahead.

Sandy now gets all the toughest assignments on the shutdown pair with Zub.

Advance stats a few weeks ago had Sanderson at 83% defense rating percentile, Power 17%. Most rookie defensemen are low here as it normally takes time to adjust to the NHL, Power will have a great career, but like nearly all rookie defensemen, has a lot to work on defensively.

Sanderson is just so unusually proficient defensively for a rookie. And his transition game is so good. He also has more points than Power despite less offensive opportunities.

Reactions: bicboi64

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Is Sanderson our best defenceman? Or is it still Chabot, or possibly Chychurn?
Its absolutely Sanderson.

I'm curious how much injuries have hampered Chabot. I do think Chabot has a bit more offensive IQ but in every other aspect of the game it's Jake. He should work on his point shot this summer.

Reactions: Dionysus

PlayItAgain

Jan 18, 2005
I’m in genuine awe of how good Sanderson is. I’ve watched probably 97% of all Sens games since ‘92 and am not hesitant to say this guy is the most impressive rookie I have seen. Not just because of his raw skill, but just how high hockey IQ he has. There was a play last night where 3 Flyers tried to pressure Sanderson in his own end and he just so calmly skated around them and got the puck out. He makes extremely difficult plays look easy.

*EDIT - the link above had a video of the play I was talking about.

Last edited:

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Put $40 on Sandy to win the Calder the other day to win $4000.

1/100 odds for the guy who should honestly be the front runner :laugh:
I remember when I felt really good about the money I put on Pinto!

I might throw some at Sandy. If he has a strong finish could at least make it interesting.

Most voters had probably already made up their mind 2 months ago.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
I’m in genuine awe of how good Sanderson is. I’ve watched probably 97% of all Sens games since ‘92 and am not hesitant to say this guy is the most impressive rookie I have seen. Not just because of his raw skill, but just how high hockey IQ he has. There was a play last night where 3 Flyers tried to pressure Sanderson in his own end and he just so calmly skated around them and got the puck out. He makes extremely difficult plays looks easy.
Mike Johnson audibly gasped at that play and said something to the effect of “Jake Sanderson, are you kidding me?!”

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
You just know that the UND staff are gonna watch the shit out of that game, players too probably.

Best recruiting video out there for their program.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Created the poll for Sanderson vs Power on the main board.

Was not expecting a Sanderson win but it’s wild how posters can’t even share why Power is in a different tier and it’s not close.

Some answers I get is , power is 100 and Sanderson is 95 and I ask them to elaborate and they say don’t pay too much attention to the scale….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad