Value of: Jake Guentzel as a rental

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Lol. Horvat averages 28 goals, 58 points for 82 games over his career. Came close to 40 goals once. Never even sniffed 80 points let alone 100.
Bo Horvat in 2014-15 is for all intents and purposes an entirely different human from today's Horvat. Makes no sense to lump them together. The premise is just purely disingenuous.

Reactions: iggy

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Horvat had close to 40 goals before that trade and was Canucks best center. Not sure what you are talking about when you say he was a 50 point guy. NYI were thinking they have a 100 point center when they traded for him.
What I'm talking about is his 56 point per season average which is what he's posted over his career so far. Jake has posted 76 points per season. There's a huge gap here but for whatever reason you're just not seeing it.

Also if Bo Horvat ever scores 100 points in a season, I'll close down my account and never post on HFboards again.

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I can see the Canucks having interest in him. And knowing their prospect group theyd hate to give up on Klimovich but I can see it being necessary:

To Vancouver: Guentzel, 2024 3rd

To Pittsburgh: Klimovich, Brisebois, DiGiuseppe, 2025 4th

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I can see the Canucks having interest in him. And knowing their prospect group theyd hate to give up on Klimovich but I can see it being necessary:

Klimovich is not the major problem in your trash proposal. He is actually a warm contract going the other way and has no value, much like Brisebois or DiGiuseppe.

Why is asking a 40G scorer so dumb these days? I understand there's homers, but even they wouldn't say this shit.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Guentzel will get a 1st even as a rental. And probably a good prospect too. And probably a roster-player going back to balance the salary.

It’s very rare that players who have demonstrated they are capable of a Conn Smyth-caliber playoff run—and who are still in their prime—become available.

Scoring goals is hard-AF in the playoffs and Guentzel has a track record of doing exactly that. That alone is more valuable than him being a winger, or center, or how much term or not is left on his contract. There’s a higher probability of him being a difference maker than your typical TDL acquisition. If he is made available he probably becomes the premium asset at the TDL.

And that’s coming from a non-Pittsburgh fan.

Reactions: Gurglesons and Ulf5

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
It’s refreshing to see dubie learned on the job in Toronto and NOW he is a tough negotiator…you can’t make this up

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

troll post

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Guentzel will get a 1st even as a rental. And probably a good prospect too. And probably a roster-player going back to balance the salary.

It’s very rare that players who have demonstrated they are capable of a Conn Smyth-caliber playoff run—and who are still in their prime—become available.

Scoring goals is hard-AF in the playoffs and Guentzel has a track record of doing exactly that. That alone is more valuable than him being a winger, or center, or how much term or not is left on his contract. There’s a higher probability of him being a difference maker than your typical TDL acquisition. If he is made available he probably becomes the premium asset at the TDL.

And that’s coming from a non-Pittsburgh fan.
.44 career goals per game regular season.
.586 career goals per game playoffs.
Some delusional Nucks fans in here.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain

This is it folks! The trade that will once and for all restore the Penguins prospect cupboard.

What a load of absolute shit lmao.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Best Vancouver could offer would be Kuzmenko +
Pens would need to find value in the extra cost-controlled year Kuzmenko brings. If they're committed to a full rebuild then there wouldn't be any value in that extra year, like in that case why not just get 1st and prospects now and start the build.

However, something tells me that the older crew there in Pitts might be like "we'd like to take a shot and go for it next year too" and if that is the case then they might find value in Kuzmenko's contract that has him locked up cheap nxt year and then pick up a young piece in the process

likely some other team can beat that offer

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
dubas will need to be overwhelmed in any offer. It is highly unlikely he is trading jake unless the Pens are just not in the hunt by the TDL. But Dubas will want a really good package as Jake is the best player on the market.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Best Vancouver could offer would be Kuzmenko +
Pens would need to find value in the extra cost-controlled year Kuzmenko brings. If they're committed to a full rebuild then there wouldn't be any value in that extra year, like in that case why not just get 1st and prospects now and start the build.

However, something tells me that the older crew there in Pitts might be like "we'd like to take a shot and go for it next year too" and if that is the case then they might find value in Kuzmenko's contract that has him locked up cheap nxt year and then pick up a young piece in the process

likely some other team can beat that offer
I think Kuzmenko+1st makes sense. I could see it being conditional on him resigning. Or they could add a prospect or player like Podkolzin and make it a 2nd.

If something like this goes down, I would prefer it go down about two weeks before the TDL, so end of Feb-ish. This would give the Penguins some time to flip Kuzmenko as well. Worst case, they keep him for next year too. Might just depend on what the market it like for various top 6 wings with an extra year. They would have Smith as a trade chip too if needed. Depending on the returns, they could eat a portion of the cap.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think Kuzmenko+1st makes sense. I could see it being conditional on him resigning. Or they could add a prospect or player like Podkolzin and make it a 2nd.

If something like this goes down, I would prefer it go down about two weeks before the TDL, so end of Feb-ish. This would give the Penguins some time to flip Kuzmenko as well. Worst case, they keep him for next year too. Might just depend on what the market it like for various top 6 wings with an extra year. They would have Smith as a trade chip too if needed. Depending on the returns, they could eat a portion of the cap.

Kuzmenko has another year already after this one.

Or are you talking Jake?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Oof that’s bad for Pittsburgh
It’s going to take one of Willander or Raty to be in the mix.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
dubas will need to be overwhelmed in any offer. It is highly unlikely he is trading jake unless the Pens are just not in the hunt by the TDL. But Dubas will want a really good package as Jake is the best player on the market.
Doesn't take much to overwhelm dubas.. just get a few fans to yell at him during a game

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
What I'm talking about is his 56 point per season average which is what he's posted over his career so far. Jake has posted 76 points per season. There's a huge gap here but for whatever reason you're just not seeing it.

Also if Bo Horvat ever scores 100 points in a season, I'll close down my account and never post on HFboards again.
I dont think you understood my post, maybe poor reading comprehension. I specifically told you that NYI was looking only at his stat that he produced during the trade year, i dont think they cared about his career stat. NYI saw potential of his game improving based on one year of stat. ONE YEAR not career average stats. Did you get my point or are you still going to argue about his career average stats??

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

That wont work due to cap reasons. I think it would be Kuzmenko and maybe a 4th. It would solve canucks cap situation while Pittsburgh could have a potential top line winger instead of a 3rd liner and 2 average prospects which might not amount to much in the NHL. I think even Pens fans would agree with me regarding kuzmenko. Not sure why people here are undervaluing Kuznenko so much after 30 games? He will turn it around since he has the skills

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I would seriously consider this if Vancouver feels they can fit Guentzel in long term. Would largely depend on what Pettersson signs for but acquiring a sniper like Guentzel may encourage him to take less.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
That wont work due to cap reasons. I think it would be Kuzmenko and maybe a 4th. It would solve canucks cap situation while Pittsburgh could have a potential top line winger instead of a 3rd liner and 2 average prospects which might not amount to much in the NHL. I think even Pens fans would agree with me regarding kuzmenko. Not sure why people here are undervaluing Kuznenko so much after 30 games? He will turn it around since he has the skills
It will take more than your offer, to get Guentzal, I feel no penguin’s fans would agree with you..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad