Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
No because I don’t think they were ever trading him
Agreed. His trade value has been higher than it currently is and Sweeney didn't trade him. I also don't think teams are exactly breaking down Sweeney's door to acquire him. My guess is the offers aren't all that great, which is why it would be foolish to deal him. I expect Jake to re-sign here in the offseason, but even if he doesn't, it'd be foolish to trade him for a 3rd or 4th round pick or whatever is allegedly being offered.

Reactions: DKH and NeelyDan

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
If you get a 1st for him or a bonafide prospect he should be gone if he isn't willing to sign for around 4.5M x 4 yrs. No way I would go above 5M given his production so far. He want's 6M+ and I'd tell him to get a good bottle of scotch, a ticket to Islay, and "Yodel for Dummies" book in duty free for the flight.

Back in the day when they held onto Loui I was Ok with keeping him even if it was a stretch to make a run because that team was scrapping and he came here as a UFA, took his lumps, and did what he could without any noise or politics. This is a bit different IMO because this kid has asked out once already, and all the while being hot and cold on the ice which you cant be as a core guy. Not saying Bruce was right or wrong, but at some point, if you want the coin you better be a consistent producer and a core (or project to be) player. He is neither after 9 year so fish or cut bait.

Reactions: Gordoff

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I'm not in the "he's gotta sign for 4.XM"

I don't think that's particularly reasonable/realistic.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
You see him as what value player? 5, 6 m per? For 45 pts ?? No horse in this race but curious.

I think nobody is as good as their best season or as bad as their worst. So a 45-50 pt guy, sure. 20-27 goals. PK and PP.

I think the Bertuzzi number is interesting. 5 to 5.5

To me that's the high end. I think 6-7 is crazy. Because I went to look at the comps for guys scoring in the low to mid 20's. You don't see many big deals in there. If his agent isn't accepting deals in the 4's or 5's, this young man is getting bad advice.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Coming around to keeping him this year. After the Mantha deal not sure pieces like a 2nd+ that MIGHT help us in 5 years if at all is the move.

If they can do a somewhat lateral swap for a better fit in this lineup I'm open to it, otherwise keep him, the hot streaks are undoubtedly coming for him.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I think nobody is as good as their best season or as bad as their worst. So a 45-50 pt guy, sure. 20-27 goals. PK and PP.

To me that's the high end. I think 6-7 is crazy. Because I went to look at the comps for guys scoring in the low to mid 20's. You don't see many big deals in there. If his agent isn't accepting deals in the 4's or 5's, this young man is getting bad advice.

I wish he was a 45-50 point guy. He’s had 45+ points only once in his career.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Coming around to keeping him this year. After the Mantha deal not sure pieces like a 2nd+ that MIGHT help us in 5 years if at all is the move.

If they can do a somewhat lateral swap for a better fit in this lineup I'm open to it, otherwise keep him, the hot streaks are undoubtedly coming for him.

Totally on board with this. This team has done well in the second, but it's just not enough to be worth it.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY

He was inches away from 2 goals tonight. But yep those go in when he's on his lucky streak. I am agreeing with you though.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

When u say keep him, I hope u mean signed.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

All depends, on what they do with the assets they would get for Jake, and the cap room they would of created.

They could flip those picks and an acquire some needed help and with the cap space they've created they could bring in another asset and even if they didn't flip the picks, the Bruins last couple of second rnd selections are Poitras and Lohrei

Last edited:

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
All depends, on what they do with the assets they would get for Jake, and the cap room they would of created.

They could flip those picks and an acquire some needed help and with the cap space they've created they could bring in another asset and even if they didn't flip the picks, well the Bruins last couple of second rnd selections have been pretty darn good
I can agree with this, if they Flip the assets that is, still would rather keep him than drafting late 2nd since he'll likely be going to a contender.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I can agree with this, if they Flip the assets that is, still would rather keep him than drafting late 2nd since he'll likely be going to a contender.
They would still have the cap space, which would be the biggest asset at this time, even if they didn't flip the picks. Obviously I have no clue what's going to happen, but Im thinking either him or Ullmark are on their way out of town, Im leaning towards Ullmark.

Sweeney rarely seems let the cat out of the bag on what he's upto, so who really knows what could happen. Lol

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
He was very good again last night

If the Bruins want to beat Toronto you keep him and Grzelcyk

Edmonton gotta be salivating over him free in 3 months

Donny - sign him for me and twenty something girls everywhere
One thing I have pondered is re-signing him then flipping him in a season or two once (if) his value recovers. I doubt he's an NTC/MMC guy for the Bruins.

Maybe a bit "greasy" for the GM to plan that but it also gives Lysell/Merk some more time to develop lower in the lineup.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
One thing I have pondered is re-signing him then flipping him in a season or two once (if) his value recovers. I doubt he's an NTC/MMC guy for the Bruins.

Maybe a bit "greasy" for the GM to plan that but it also gives Lysell/Merk some more time to develop lower in the lineup.
He’s probably gone to Edmonton for the Hyman/RNH deal

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
He was inches away from 2 goals tonight. But yep those go in when he's on his lucky streak. I am agreeing with you though.
That seems to pretty much always be the case though. He always seems to be close to scoring. Bad bounce/hit posts/lucky save/off a D-man and wide. At some point it's not just bad luck all the time. Maybe it's more a case of good luck when they go in. He absolutely should be a consistent scorer by now if he's ever going to be. Maybe he needs a change of scenery and could take another step if he goes somewhere else, but I sincerely doubt it.

It's a shame, I really like the player and when he gets going he's really a menace out there and a lot of fun to watch but we (and he himself) probably just need(s) to accept that he is what he is at this point. I do think that he has gotten better and more consistent in is the backcheck and overall defensive effort, plus he's a good PK guy now too which is valuable.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
DeBrusk has value what is it ?
Maybe. Maybe Sweeney has offered the Zacha contract. I don’t think it’s safe to assume what we’ve offered (if we’ve offered at all).
the comp is the Hyman deal although DeBrusk is a better player

If you get a 1st for him or a bonafide prospect he should be gone if he isn't willing to sign for around 4.5M x 4 yrs. No way I would go above 5M given his production so far. He want's 6M+ and I'd tell him to get a good bottle of scotch, a ticket to Islay, and "Yodel for Dummies" book in duty free for the flight.

Back in the day when they held onto Loui I was Ok with keeping him even if it was a stretch to make a run because that team was scrapping and he came here as a UFA, took his lumps, and did what he could without any noise or politics. This is a bit different IMO because this kid has asked out once already, and all the while being hot and cold on the ice which you cant be as a core guy. Not saying Bruce was right or wrong, but at some point, if you want the coin you better be a consistent producer and a core (or project to be) player. He is neither after 9 year so fish or cut bait.
You aren’t getting a first and this draft is so garbage I’m cutting my draft stuff way down so picks after top 20 are meh

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Doubt Edmonton is salivating over a less then .5 PPG player wearing bruins goggles when Henry is selling and Guentzel is available

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

If the number was going to be 5 he'd be signed already. He's looking for 6 or 7.

Even 5 is pushing it sometimes, 25G 40P is nice but the majority of the time with him its the most hollow 25G you can get. The 25G gets you half a season at best of real effort and hustle and half a season of floating

Reactions: Bodit9 and Ladyfan

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
If the number was going to be 5 he'd be signed already. He's looking for 6 or 7.

Even 5 is pushing it sometimes, 25G 40P is nice but the majority of the time with him its the most hollow 25G you can get. The 25G gets you half a season at best of real effort and hustle and half a season of floating

This is how I see it too. This would have been done at 5X.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
DeBrusk has value what is it ?

the comp is the Hyman deal although DeBrusk is a better player

You aren’t getting a first and this draft is so garbage I’m cutting my draft stuff way down so picks after top 20 are meh
I would be happy if we sign JDB to 5.5 a year, no more.
With Mantha fetching a 2nd and 4th round pick, and I think his value is more than JDB because he is a center, I highly doubt we get a first round pick if we traded JDB. Maybe a 2nd rounder, or a teams #2/#3 prospect and a late round pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad