Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I would be happy if we sign JDB to 5.5 a year, no more.
With Mantha fetching a 2nd and 4th round pick, and I think his value is more than JDB because he is a center, I highly doubt we get a first round pick if we traded JDB. Maybe a 2nd rounder, or a teams #2/#3 prospect and a late round pick?
Mantha is a winger.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Ok would you trade Jake for a 3+4, knowing he's for sure leaving?

lol that's tough. Probably not.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
How many score more and have done it over a decent sample size?
Marchand and Bergeron are both pretty damn good goal scorers in the post season and his playof g/gp is smack dab in between both of them.
He had a promising start in his rookie year. 16 goals in the last 61. He played well last season,

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I don’t trust his consistency and complacency. He’s in a contract year and has disappeared for extended times this season. If they give him a comfortable contract will he get even more comfortable and complacent? That is something you have to take into consideration. When he plays like he did in Edmonton last week he was a difference maker but then that same drive disappears after a game or two. Keeping Jake motivated is a consistent issue. Unless they get a hometown discount there may be someone available this off season that can be an upgrade or at least brings a more consistent game

Dupell6

Jul 5, 2013
I don’t trust his consistency and complacency. He’s in a contract year and has disappeared for extended times this season. If they give him a comfortable contract will he get even more comfortable and complacent? That is something you have to take into consideration. When he plays like he did in Edmonton last week he was a difference maker but then that same drive disappears after a game or two. Keeping Jake motivated is a consistent issue. Unless they get a hometown discount there may be someone available this off season that can be an upgrade or at least brings a more consistent game
honestly with this player I think its the opposite...the non contract commitment seems to be in his head and bothers him. I think he would be more confrontable and performing better if this wasn't lingering. Still want to sign him, dont see a better player for the money available

Reactions: bergeronsboys

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
honestly with this player I think its the opposite...the non contract commitment seems to be in his head and bothers him. I think he would be more confrontable and performing better if this wasn't lingering. Still want to sign him, dont see a better player for the money available
If it bothers him about the non contract extension so far then being more consistent would make that an easier sell to Sweeney. It’s literally in his hands.

Reactions: Gordoff

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
He had a promising start in his rookie year. 16 goals in the last 61. He played well last season,
He has 6 goals 10 points in his last 14 too. Not far off 6 goals and 8 points in 12.

Since 17-18, Of players who have played at least 10 playoff games, only 20 LWers and 10 RWers have a higher G/GP than Debrusk. Only 4 LWs and 7 RWs have more total goals.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Dom made a very interesting point a few pages ago. Paraphrasing but Jake bet (on himself) and lost. Has his price come down?

If we are no longer talking 6-6.5 per for this player over the course of a multi year (assuming more than 4 maybe 5 years) then I am all for keeping him.

My absolute no way scenario is watching him walk for nothing this offseason. IMO- that cannot happen.

Reactions: Gordoff

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
If he stays ... anything under 5 (and the closer to 4 the better) on a multi-year deal I could live with as long as there is no form of trade protection in the contract. His regular season play has been all over the map form outstanding to invisible. Just can't let him walk without a legitimate replacement.

Have to start to wonder in a year or two who is going to take Marchand's spot in the line up? We are going to need wingers and or prospects to step up.

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I think it's safe to say he won't be traded tomorrow. So that much drama is over.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Kevin Weekes commenting on a rumor involving DeB. Canucks get Guentzel from Pitt who receive DeBrusk from the Bruins while Canucks move Lindholm to Boston.

Grasshopperking

Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Kevin Weekes commenting on a rumor involving DeB. Canucks get Guentzel from Pitt who receive DeBrusk from the Bruins while Canucks move Lindholm to Boston.
That would actually be a great deal. Hate to see DeBrusk go cause I love him but it would be a good sensible move I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad