Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm tired of him not showing up when he ought to. If he wants to get paid like a top 6 goal scorer (and apparently he does) then he needs to consistently play/produce like one.
He scored a beauty of a goal last night but that was his first one in at least 10 games. That's not acceptable from a top 6 goal scorer especially on an offensively challenged team like the Bruins. He makes Michael Ryder look prolific.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm tired of him not showing up when he ought to. If he wants to get paid like a top 6 goal scorer (and apparently he does) then he needs to consistently play/produce like one.
He scored a beauty of a goal last night but that was his first one in at least 10 games. That's not acceptable from a top 6 goal scorer especially on an offensively challenged team like the Bruins. He makes Michael Ryder look prolific.
and Ryder had other skills.

bruwinz73

Jan 16, 2021
He is going to get 6m on the open market. I can’t imagine committing that money to him long term. He isn’t a guy that makes those around him better, he is (and always has been) terribly inconsistent and when you pay big money to guys like this you end up in cap hell.

If you get a 1 for him or a good prospect you have to take it.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I mean - the objective is not isolated to this year be it beating the leafs or whatever else, it’s for the ultimate benefit of the club.

That being said - yeah, I’d much rather have him as a weapon for the playoffs than dealing him for a pick - I just can’t support that at the expense of a bad deal.
Athletic guy Dom with the Eye Chart last name said Bruins are as well run cap wise as any in the league - however, people with hockey as there first sport here are telling me otherwise Sweeney can’t manage cap, trade, builds soft teams

I’m going to assume Dollar Store Donny won’t make a bad deal

Draft picks are fun but overrated

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
He definitely brings an aspect to the Bruins game when he is on that they really need,just wish it was more often,but if they can’t get him resigned o because he wants more than they want to pay.I can’t see just letting him go for nothing.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

NeelyDan

Owned by Alicat, Ladyfan and caz16
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Athletic guy Dom with the Eye Chart last name said Bruins are as well run cap wise as any in the league - however, people with hockey as there first sport here are telling me otherwise Sweeney can’t manage cap, trade, builds soft teams

I’m going to assume Dollar Store Donny won’t make a bad deal

Draft picks are fun but overrated

I don’t think he “builds soft teams” - plenty of evidence to suggest otherwise.

I just think this current team is soft - some of which was outside any GM’s control, aka Milan.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
He is going to get 6m on the open market. I can’t imagine committing that money to him long term. He isn’t a guy that makes those around him better, he is (and always has been) terribly inconsistent and when you pay big money to guys like this you end up in cap hell.

If you're trading him for a pick or prospect, you're basically weakening the team for the playoffs. Not a wise deadline move!

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Jake would already have a long term contract if the number started with a 5. So it's safe to say his camp wants 6 or 7. I'd have to think it's 7 because if the Bruins offer 5.7-5.9 he's probably saying yes. I imagine he might also be looking for lockout protection (which he just isn't getting).

Reactions: Bodit9 and NeelyDan

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Jake would already have a long term contract if the number started with a 5. So it's safe to say his camp wants 6 or 7. I'd have to think it's 7 because if the Bruins offer 5.7-5.9 he's probably saying yes. I imagine he might also be looking for lockout protection (which he just isn't getting).
Maybe. Maybe Sweeney has offered the Zacha contract. I don’t think it’s safe to assume what we’ve offered (if we’ve offered at all).

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Have the Bruins even talked to Jake? Didn't Sweeney say they would talk after he knew if Jake wanted to be here?

Reactions: Gordoff

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
There is no human a team trying to win a Cup will trade you by Friday that can play as well as he did last night

Keep him he plays well in Canada and against Toronto and that’s likely who we get

I am sure Sweens knows this I’m sure 95 % of fans don’t

And if the bruins could play toronto four rounds in a row, they’ll win the cup.

I don’t disagree about Jake but the long term needs to be considered - Sweeney bet that the league would shift to pure speed and skill, he built his team to take on Toronto, thinking they’d be the next big bad

But now we know teams that have the right combination of speed skill and heaviness are really the ones that go the whole way.

But I think teams are in no rush to help the bruins and the best choice might end up just rolling the dice and then letting him walk in the end

Like dom said, sometimes the real value is not letting other teams know they can get one over on you

But maybe I’m just watching shogun too dedicatedly at the moment

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour

I just don't see anyone giving that up for Jake. I'll be pleased if they get a second.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad