Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
The Bruins would never been able to keep all those players that you mentioned they should have drafted.
Just look at their contract history and they never would've waited 7 years or so to be in the top 6.
The Bruins were lucky to have both Bergy and Krecji for all those years, but it did prevent them from drafting high end centers to replace them.

No but they probably would have won the cup in 2018 if they had guys like barzal and Connor on rookie deals instead of guys like backes and kuhlman in the lineup.
Debrusk ending up being the only serviceable one of the three is pretty bad.

Reactions: Bodit9

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Last 13 games, 1-1-2, scoreless in 12 of them. 36 shots. 17 hits. 11 blocks.

Frederic 2-4-6

Marchand 2-4-6

• Wow
Reactions: Bodit9

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Last 13 games, 1-1-2, scoreless in 12 of them. 36 shots. 17 hits. 11 blocks.

Frederic 2-4-6

Marchand 2-4-6

He’s 1-1-2 in his last 15.

Went 9 games without a point. Didn’t want to do pushups. Now on another 5 game heater.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
"Debrusk is playing well away from the puck"

Nice, I think he can be away from the puck in the press box too :laugh:

6-7M players don't get 40 pts. We have Geekie/Heinen and others for that for way less. Everybody in here made excuses for him for as long as humanly possible (myself included). At this point it's better if he goes, and I don't mind if he becomes Vatrano 2.0. Go be great Jake, go figure it out.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

6-7M players don't get 40 pts. We have Geekie/Heinen and others for that for way less. Everybody in here made excuses for him for as long as humanly possible (myself included). At this point it's better if he goes, and I don't mind if he becomes Vatrano 2.0. Go be great Jake, go figure it out.

Can get what Debrusk is doing this year for $3m or less.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Not everybody!
thinking-arun-maini.gif

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Not everybody!
thinking-arun-maini.gif
No kidding.

Ahem....

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I'm starting to think that specifically because everyone thinks he should be dealt, he definitely won't :laugh:

Reactions: TCB

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Well it would be nice to get some draft picks. Donny seems to struggle in this area. He likes to give them away but rarely gets much back. You would think UFA's DeBrusk, Grzelcyk, Forbort, JVR, Henien, Shattenkirk, Zboril, etc should be able to bring something back. Are these players going to be with the team next year? Not many if any. So, make some tough choices and look towards the future. Many of these players can be replaced.

Reactions: TCB

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
If you don’t plan on retaining him get something for him please.

I love Jake but I too think it’s time to move on. He’s 27 and looking at probably his last chance to land a big boy contract … I don’t want the Bs to be the ones to give it to him. Especially if we’re still talking 6-6.5 per (or more) for a longer term,

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston

One would think this team is wagon the way folks shit on Jake,

Look at the line up folks get a grip, there are many player sucking on this team lately.

Put every one's name in a hat and pull a name, THEY SUCK as well but lets wet our pants about him lol

He's as good as gone he checked out long ago, what's everyone else's excuse. The roster is filled we weak minded hockey players. At least we will get something for Jake.

So u would?

Sure that make sense, give me the pick/s please

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Debrusk is the epitome of the Forest Gump « Box of Chocolates « …. A Michal Ryder esque clone. Good player on the good days but nowhere near a core+ guy you build with. Time to do a hockey trade and swap a Milky Way for a Snicker and no looking back.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Debrusk is the epitome of the Forest Gump « Box of Chocolates « …. A Michal Ryder esque clone. Good player on the good days but nowhere near a core+ guy you build with. Time to do a hockey trade and swap a Milky Way for a Snicker and no looking back.
Whatever you do dont dump him for crap or some 2nd round pick. I want a decent roster player back young and will help team for playoffs.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Would anyone do Moe Mantha for Jake? They are both FA.
It's funny how Detroit and now Washington fans have both been so abused by Mantha's laziness, nary a one of them even try to play him up.

I find Mantha distasteful, but he is one of the only guys available that would be cheap and also have a non-zero chance of being a real impact player. He's clearly been ramping it up for his next contract this season, so I'd give him around 10% chance he produces in the playoffs. Not likely, but one of the few available players that could provide the work the Bruins are going to need. And only around 15% of deadline acquisitions produce enough to justify their addition.

He's huge, can hit, can be a bully and has actual hockey skills across a good spectrum.

Saying yes to your question makes me feel like an idiot, but I'll be damned if I could think of anyone else available that could potentially fill the gaps an engaged Mantha could.

Last edited:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
It's funny how Detroit and now Washington fans have both been so abused by Mantha's laziness, nary a one of them even try to play him up.

I find Mantha distasteful, but he is one of the only guys available that would be cheap and also have a non-zero chance of being a real impact player. He's clearly been ramping it up for his next contract this season, so I'd give him around 10% chance he produces in the playoffs. Not likely, but one of the few available players that could provide the work the Bruins are going to need. And only around 15% of deadline acquisitions produce enough to justify their addition.

He's huge, can hit, can be a bully and has actual hockey skills across a good spectrum.

Saying yes to your question makes me feel like an idiot, but I'll be damned if I could think of anyone else available that could potentially fill the gaps an engaged Mantha could.
He played awesome in the worlds for the USA a few years back, if he brings that Mantha into the playoffs for whoever he ends up with, it could be a big win for that team. Depending on the price they paid for him of course, but given his lackadaisical style throughout his career, despite his incredible talent level, I wouldn't see him going for much more than a second and a mid-tier prospect but it is the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad