Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I bet you could get the same production from Merkulov if called up and provided the same opportunity on the wing

Shit at this rate im not sure that Boqvist wouldn’t outproduce him in that role. He’s been kinda nice lately

What I’m saying with this is trade him, do not keep him as an “own-rental”

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
trading jake for draft capital is a bit of a white flag on the season, no?
yeah I don't really see any chance they move Jake just for a pick, unless the intention is to immediately flip that pick for a different forward. The team has been top 5 in the league all season long, whether we all think this team is for real or not is irrelevant. You can't reward the players by selling.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
They aren't that bright if they keep him as their own rental then. No way is Lysell going to produce any worse than JDB has the past handful of weeks.

Reactions: lopey

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
They aren't that bright if they keep him as their own rental then. No way is Lysell going to produce any worse than JDB has the past handful of weeks.
Really depends, you just know JDB has a hot streak in him before the year ends, relying on Lysell/Merk is risky.

I'm okay either way, get some assets or keep him for a run, glad I don't make the decisions

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
yeah I don't really see any chance they move Jake just for a pick, unless the intention is to immediately flip that pick for a different forward. The team has been top 5 in the league all season long, whether we all think this team is for real or not is irrelevant. You can't reward the players by selling.
I agree. At this point if your dealing jake you need help back. This year is wide open no one team really sticks out imo as a clear cut favorite for the Cup. If I had to pick the finals it would be Colorado vs Florida but the Bruins despite losing Bergy, Kreech, Bertuzzi, Hathaway, Hall and Orlov off of last years PO team, are not that far away and maybe the right deal or two could put them over the top.

Last edited:
Reactions: HumBucker

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
trading jake for draft capital is a bit of a white flag on the season, no?
I think it makes sense to swap him with another UFA that might be a better fit for us or another buy low candidate rather than some draft capital that likely doesn't help you for the next 5 years.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston

I believe Jake has 2 points this month going into tonight's game, both in the same game.

It's hard to feel good about him right now. Hopefully a massive hot streak is on the way.

Reactions: TCB and Ladyfan

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
As in "when before the deadline" or "when before next season"?
the questions is when?

Do they trade him or let him walk in the offseason? I'm not sure it could have been phrased to me any other way.

Negotiations, even public comments have been weird to say the least. I guess the gap can't be closed and Boston is firm in their value.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
the questions is when?

Do they trade him or let him walk in the offseason? I'm not sure it could have been phrased to me any other way.

Negotiations, even public comments have been weird to say the least. I guess the gap can't be closed and Boston is firm in their value.
Makes sense.

Thanks Dom

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
the questions is when?

You must trade him to get something for him. If Tanev can fetch what he did, there is no reason DeBrusk can't fetch similar. There are desperate teams out there willing to overpay.

Thanks Dom!

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Trade Jake for a rental package then make another deal with those assets for a different rental if you want.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
If he's gone one way or another, it's hard to imagine he can screw his head on straight and be a
factor. Can't afford not to get something for him IMO.

Last edited:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Everyone should expect Jake to do well elsewhere - potentially very well, depending on where he lands. Edmonton, Detroit - both places he’ll potentially take right off.

Doesn’t change the fact that he wasn’t working here.

Cant see a huge change in his game. He's never been a playmaker who creates offense so hard to imagine he'll that effective into his 30s.

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
This team will not be seller, but as many of us they know this team has no chance in playoffs. That being said, sell Debrusk and get whatever you can and retool in the offseason.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
the questions is when?

i think if his trade value to the acquiring team is as an unsignable rental then the return to Bruins should not be worth them doing it

Unique situation but considering after the Bruins win tonight they will be top seed on March 1 and should kind of think about trying to actually win Cup & therefore keep DeBrusk

Sheppy is right (wow it didn’t even pain me to say that lol: I love Sheppy place would not be as entertaining without him)

Sweeney should talk to buddy Billy Guerin and get Middleton - Wild is Athletic Scott Wheeler & Corey Pronman prospect darlings and got a number of D guys coming

Give me Middleton and a very mean psycho 4th line winger for Florida and Tampa

Bruins can beat anyone if they get 2 gritty guys

Without it I think the other team is focusing on killing McAvoy & Pastrnak

Lets kill their guys instead

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
No chance. None.
Whoa

I was told by one of my buddies bridge year - not going anywhere and sell

I mentioned they win tonight they are top seed

He replied they are soft and will be pushed around - get picks go for next season

Get rid of DeBrusk Grizz Forbort & Ullmark I was told lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad