Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
If their are GMs stupid enough to hand out awful 7 year contracts on free agency frenzy and throw around 1st round picks like candy there has to be a gm out there who sees JDB as a 1st liner

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

“Here’s what I do know: If the Bruins don’t sign him – and, I don’t know if they will or won’t, I’m sure they value him – I guarantee an Alberta team will offer him a major contract,” NHL analyst Pierre McGuire said on a recent Eye Test Podcast. “I guarantee you, whether it’s Edmonton or Calgary, he’s going to be taken care of in the province of Alberta. That’s if Boston doesn’t sign him, and that’s not a scare tactic; it’s reality. I mean, there’s a need for that type of player.”

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

“Here’s what I do know: If the Bruins don’t sign him – and, I don’t know if they will or won’t, I’m sure they value him – I guarantee an Alberta team will offer him a major contract,” NHL analyst Pierre McGuire said on a recent Eye Test Podcast. “I guarantee you, whether it’s Edmonton or Calgary, he’s going to be taken care of in the province of Alberta. That’s if Boston doesn’t sign him, and that’s not a scare tactic; it’s reality. I mean, there’s a need for that type of player.”
It’s common sense

Pierre is telling us nothing we don’t already know

Are the Bruins better off just riding it out here that’s the question

I’m DeBrusk I’m going to FA

I’m GM of Edmonton I want my top 5 F core: McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH, Hyman, and DeBrusk

I’ve if GM already spoken to Louie about this and Jake and agent know

I’d be great to just flip him for Hanifin but Calgary can’t do without an extension and DeBrusk should have eyes on his home town team

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Hmm if he goes the 2015 curse ends? He's the last of the big 3 :laugh:

Zboril - AHL Providence
Debrusk - We'll see
Senyshyn - DEL
Carlo - NHL Bruins
JFK - SweHL
Lauzon - NHL Nashville
Vladar - NHL Calgary
Gabrielle - Out of hockey
Hughes - AHL Coachella
Becker - AHL Texas

Gone but not forgotten :facepalm:

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Zboril - AHL Providence
Debrusk - We'll see
Senyshyn - DEL
Carlo - NHL Bruins
JFK - SweHL
Lauzon - NHL Nashville
Vladar - NHL Calgary
Gabrielle - Out of hockey
Hughes - AHL Coachella
Becker - AHL Texas

Gone but not forgotten :facepalm:
JFK isn’t even playing these days, he’s an assistant coach for a women’s team in Sweden. He never was right after that concussion in Providence.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Zacha and Wotherspoon were both drafted in 2015, just saying!
Zacha has turned out to be a much better player than I thought he would. The 2015 draft had a consensus top 13 in the scouting services community, but Zacha and Crouse were the 2 players within that top 13 that I didn't like. NJ taking Zacha over Barzal was still a mistake, although not remotely as close to the mistake of picking DeBrusk and Senyshyn over Barzal and Connor, but he has turned into a quality player. IIRC, there were some concerns over him adapting to the ice in North America and he didn't exactly light it up in Sarnia.

Wotherspoon played with Carlo in Tri-City and I wonder how much of a say the Western League scouts had in the team acquiring him years later.

Reactions: CDJ

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
We gave up a first rounder and a 4th rounder for Bertuzzi last year.
I would think the comp is comparable, even though I think JDB is a better player.
Bertuzzi was billed as being kind of a dick on the ice. That fetches a bit of a premium with rentals. Oddly enough, I think that's still the type of forward this roster needs.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

IMG_1117.gif

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
We should have a "guess Jake's return" contest.

I think it would already be done at a 2nd rounder. So must be ugly out there.

Imagine demanding what Jake's agent is demanding contract-wise, and the GM not being able to get a 2nd for your client. Like THAT is a sign of why the contract ask is outrageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad