Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
It's not impossible for the Bruins to accomplish this. It would, however, require a lot of capital and effort to get it done and that's sometimes been an achilles heel with Sweeney when making trades for the biggest fish out on the market. Outside of what's currently available at the given moment in time at center, not many players fill the gap without the Bruins commit to a complete restructuring of their roster and team building philosophy. There are still high end forwards to get like Jake Guentzel and others, but it still doesn't address a critical need. If the Bruins were willing to kick the can down the road at center and just take best player available on the wings or a D-man, then swapping DeBrusk with some other players for what's currently available like Jake Guentzel or Jakob Chychrun while riding with Zacha and Coyle at center isn't terrible. It really depends on what Sweeney is willing to part with. Is he willing to wait on getting a first line center? Is he willing to uproot multiple big pieces and alter the team's current DNA and make a trade for a first line center happen? I genuinely don't know. I do know that doing nothing isn't really a solution to the problem at this point when this team risks losing an asset like DeBrusk for nothing in the offseason.
Again though - what first line center can we possibly acquire via trade? I’m obviously looking at players where you wouldn’t trade McAvoy or Pastrnak for because that is outside any realm of possibility. They’re just not available.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
For the love of God can the internet warriors take heed of Wally here??

Some of us really value the privilege of having people with an inside track share with us what they can.

If you feel the need to slag them off, go somewhere else. I think I can speak for many when I say I personally don’t give a shit about what anyone thinks about what Dom and others share when they can - so spare us the bullshit and don’t f*** up a good thing up for the rest of us.
I really don't care what people think unless it's the insults @MarchysNoseKnows throws my way, and even the I don't give a shit.

Comments are being thrown my way like "why aren't the rest of the Bruins media picking this up?" Well, when was the last trade news they broke?

Or "it can't be true because the big guys aren't talking about it". Well, where were the big guys when I told you about Hampus Lindholm or Taylor Hall 2 weeks before it happened? Lindholm especially came as a surprise to them, but not to you because we had been discussing here for 2 weeks.

It also took the national media months to find out Brayden Schenn almost became a Bruins. Not you folks, because we talked about it extensively on here.

Bring on the hate. I don't care. I will continue to do what I do, and if it doesn't materialize then I know the smart people will know why. But it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Again though - what first line center can we possibly acquire via trade? I’m obviously looking at players where you wouldn’t trade McAvoy or Pastrnak for because that is outside any realm of possibility. They’re just not available.

That’s for Sweeney to figure out. But replacing debrusk should be pretty simple. Beecher to the PK, then offensively should be pretty simple since he’s producing like a 3rd liner this year.

Reactions: EvilDead

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I really don't care what people think unless it's the insults @MarchysNoseKnows throws my way, and even the I don't give a shit.

Comments are being thrown my way like "why aren't the rest of the Bruins media picking this up?" Well, when was the last trade news they broke?

Or "it can't be true because the big guys aren't talking about it". Well, where were the big guys when I told you about Hampus Lindholm or Taylor Hall 2 weeks before it happened? Lindholm especially came as a surprise to them, but not to you because we had been discussing here for 2 weeks.

It also took the national media months to find out Brayden Schenn almost became a Bruins. Not you folks, because we talked about it extensively on here.

Bring on the hate. I don't care. I will continue to do what I do, and if it doesn't materialize then I know the smart people will know why. But it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
What insult did I possibly throw your way? I have never once insulted you on here. Ever.

Perhaps you’ve confused me with someone else.

• Wow
Reactions: goldnblack

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Did any of the local Boston media walk into the Calgary locker room when Hanifin was here after morning skate or game and ask him any questions

He may have said I’m moving on to Buffalo but I didn’t see it

It may have happened but I didn’t see it

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I would be very hesitant to move DeBrusk out of this forward group. Lysell could replace him next season, but this season, we really can’t afford to subtract a potential top 6 forward. If it’s Calgary, I imagine a situation where Toronto grabs Tanev in exchange for draft capital and a semi-dump of Bertuzzi and then possible the bruins do a larger deal for Hanafin & Bert involving DeBrusk++. But that’s a lot of moving parts. Just my two dumb cents.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Based on Dom's 3 interested teams, my money is still on Calgary... it's the only one I can really see Jake doing a sign and trade with which is probably the key in a decent return hockey trade.

Reactions: Bodit9 and TCB

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Love the Dom...there isn't a pion here who can come close to your hockey knowledge, hockey connections, and sense of sarcasm/dry sense of humour. DKH is a tough match-up for sarcasm lol. Always appreciated by us fans.

I'm not the least bit surprised with the following statement "I really don't care what people think". The insults are from the stupids out there and can easily be blocked or managed by our mods.

Take care DOM...hoping you're in good care. We all love you here!

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

I love it Dom!

I do think you need me to ride point with you on this though. I can be in charge of swatting off the bullshit comments while you do you. I could be like your HF “muscle”. You’re Marty McSorley. All you have to do is let me listen in to your calls/read your texts. My mouth stays shut, I promise!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Would everyone be pissed if we traded Jake for futures?
Nope

Based on Dom's 3 interested teams, my money is still on Calgary... it's the only one I can really see Jake doing a sign and trade with which is probably the key in a decent return hockey trade.
Something around Hanifan and Jake with both being sign and trade, makes a ton of sense unless Louie or Mama steps in.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Yeah, St. Louis is planning on moving Buchnevich for a big return and as great as it would be to see him as a Bruin, I don't think the Bruins have the package or would be willing to conjure up a package to trade for him. DeBrusk would be a replacement for the Blues so that the Blues can still try to compete this season.

Detroit is in the same division so the price should be a lot higher especially since there is a chance to see them in the playoffs.

Flames need a forward, and you have to wonder if DeBrusk was part of the deal for a signed Lindholm. The player the Bruins want is Hanifin, but it will depend on what the Flames prefer to get in return for Hanifin. They could also just prefer to make a separate deal altogether for DeBrusk.

Reactions: Guelph Bruin

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Yeah, St. Louis is planning on moving Buchnevich for a big return and as great as it would be to see him as a Bruin, I don't think the Bruins have the package or would be willing to conjure up a package to trade for him. DeBrusk would be a replacement for the Blues so that the Blues can still try to compete this season.

Detroit is in the same division so the price should be a lot higher especially since there is a chance to see them in the playoffs.

Flames need a forward, and you have to wonder if DeBrusk was part of the deal for a signed Lindholm. The player the Bruins want is Hanifin, but it will depend on what the Flames prefer to get in return for Hanifin. They could also just prefer to make a separate deal altogether for DeBrusk.
Flames just make too much sense to not have the most real smoke ...one key is Calgary requires players who actually want to be there long term instead of a draft/develop and leave/trade type system that it has been for years for players who don't want to stay there ..Jake is such a player who might actually want to be there and provide some roster stability ..on a separate note Calgary really needs a new stadium to help attract and keep players

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
The B's are not winning a Cup this, year, so get a player or assets that help you stay competitive now and the next couple of years. You can't wait till JDB walks for nothing. Hanifin is a good get, but isn't he just a local boy version of the very frustrating Hampus Lindholm. Always expecting more, while getting less.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I wouldnt be pissed .

But the players on the roster would most likely be pissed. Because it signals white flag on this season.
I have finally ready to move on from Jake, and have not always been on board with that . Last year there was great excitement when the Bruins traded for Bertuzzi and turned out be a rental.
Bertuzzi last 105 games 150goals 38 assists cap hit when traded 4.7 million.
Jake 120 games 40goals 37 assists 4 million..........You traded assets to get Bertuzzi , no assets needed for Jake as a rental ..........eye test alone Jake is the better player, does this change anyone's thinking.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Flames just make too much sense to not have the most real smoke ...one key is Calgary requires players who actually want to be there long term instead of a draft/develop and leave/trade type system that it has been for years for players who don't want to stay there ..Jake is such a player who might actually want to be there and provide some roster stability ..on a separate note Calgary really needs a new stadium to help attract and keep players

It's also a big reason why they can't and won't go and do a full tear-down rebuild. They last thing they want is to be walking into a brand new stadium in the same shape as say San Jose or Chicago are right now. Meanwhile they still have a 19 thousand seat aging arena they need to keep selling tickets for until the new one is built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad