Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raleighfern

Apr 7, 2017
Theres been a shitload of deleted posts.

Dom is a long time vetted insider. One of the very few that remain.
He passes evidence of his ‘hearings’ directly to me.
These are not nor ever been for sure will happen. Thats not how it works with any vetted insider. With very little exceptions. (Jimmy Hayes).

Having said that trolling/flaming him or the only couple of other insiders we have will not be tolerated.

And yes this is why most have left here . They dont need the bullshit.
thanks for protecting our best sources. i grew up on schultz and i also thank you for that!

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Can Lysell play LW? I want to see Lysell with Marchand and Coyle. The Bruins have been scouting the Blackhawks and most if not all of their home games were scouted by the Sharks. If Duclair could be had for cheap, he could be a good option to temporarily replace DeBrusk on the Pasta line.
None of these guys can PK or play both sides like Jake. It would be a major hit to lose him this year without a replacement better than all mentioned above.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleRico

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Any DeBrusk trade needs to have some replacement for him. Maybe they've seen enough of Richard to want to try out more on a scoring line? Maybe they'll promote Lysell and roll the dice?
Who’s signed F for next season using current contracts

I’ll make a lineup

Marchand- Coyle - Lysell
Zacha - Merkulov- Pastrnak
Frederic- Poitras - Geekie
Brazeau/Lauko- Beecher- Boqvist

I’d assume they sign Heinen so you can put him with 63 & 13 drop Lysell to RW3 & Geekie to 4RW

I’m kinda digging it

I added Heinen in

14 F under $40 M

:nod:

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Any DeBrusk trade needs to have some replacement for him. Maybe they've seen enough of Richard to want to try out more on a scoring line? Maybe they'll promote Lysell and roll the dice?

It really depends what the Bruins want out of this season. If they're serious about wanting to contend for a Cup, then trading Jake's going to require a like-for-like replacement in bringing in another top-6 forward. They could add on the back end all they like, but a forward group that is already pretty limited with DeBrusk in it certainly isn't going far if you remove him without a proper replacement.

But if management aren't too fussed about this year and are willing to just roll the dice on it and play the long game, then you can trade DeBrusk for whatever brings you the best value, regardless of position, and worry about filling his particular role in the offseason. The latter is preferrable and more realistic to me, but we'll see what happens.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

I’ll make a lineup

Marchand- Coyle - Lysell

I’d assume they sign Heinen so you can put him with 63 & 13 drop Lysell to RW3 & Geekie to 4RW

I’m kinda digging it

I added Heinen in

14 F under $40 M

That is a seriously optimistic (scary) lineup. 2 Rookies in the top 6

Reactions: Kegs and TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

I’ll make a lineup

Marchand- Coyle - Lysell

I’m kinda digging it

I added Heinen in

14 F under $40 M

Interesting placing 2 rookies on your top 2 lines and Merkulov as your number 2 center. In any regards, I sure hope Donny goes out and brings in that true number one Center this off-season.

Reactions: Kegs

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Disagree.

Days are numbered in Boston.

Details later this afternoon or early evening. Depends on how quickly I can get in front of a pc
Not asking you to nor should you tell us until it is time, but do know the guts of the deal, and let me be like a kid at Xmas will we like it.

I agree , that is awful........

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Actually Heinen is a UFA and you would put him on RW like now

The only difference in top 6 today from that lineup is putting Metkulov in for DeBrusk

I got Geekie & Frederic with Poitras all played this season on third line

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

I’m sure there will be a replacement if a trade does happen. Whether it’s for another winger or if it’s for a center and they move Zacha to wing.

Either way they have options.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Actually Heinen is a UFA and you would put him on RW like now

The only difference in top 6 today from that lineup is putting Metkulov in for DeBrusk

I got Geekie & Frederic with Poitras all played this season on third line
What did you see from Merkolov when he was up earlier that makes you believe he is top 6, sorry I did not see that.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I’m sure there will be a replacement if a trade does happen. Whether it’s for another winger or if it’s for a center and they move Zacha to wing.

Either way they have options.

I like DeBrusk. But if they find common ground on the extra pieces on a Debrusk for Hanafin trade and replace DeBrusk with Vatrano in a separate move, I think that's a big win for the Bruins.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I like DeBrusk. But if they find common ground on the extra pieces on a Debrusk for Hanafin trade and replace DeBrusk with Vatrano in a separate move, I think that's a big win for the Bruins.

I would very much agree

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Reading Dom's article it sure didn't sound like we are seeing someone like Hanifin being offered for DeBrusk. Yes that could be part of the way of freeing money for Hanifin, but would likely still need a good bit of value going. It sounded more like the Bruins have been taking calls and so far the offers on the table would disappoint us.(or have disappointed Sweeney)

This makes the assumption that Hanifin's trade value is not substantial less than one would expect for a player of the caliber

So to get something like Vatrano and Hanifin, you are likely looking at DeBrusk, plus one other big contract (Ullmark, Gryz, Forbort). And some very serious value (Lohrei/Lysel and more) on top of that if it is one of the defensemen

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
What did you see from Merkolov when he was up earlier that makes you believe he is top 6, sorry I did not see that.
I go to Providence games - I buy a flex pack every year and catch a bunch of games. I went last week with Eric from here

I am a fan of his game - he gets back on D, has a world-class bomb for a shot, sees the ice really well - high hockey intelligence

He’s not a winger he’s a center so I’d like to see him play with Zacha & Pastrnak for 10-15 consistent games I believe he’d rack up points

He’s stronger than Poitras as well being 23

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I go to Providence games - I buy a flex pack every year and catch a bunch of games. I went last week with Eric from here

I am a fan of his game - he gets back on D, has a world-class bomb for a shot, sees the ice really well - high hockey intelligence

He’s not a winger he’s a center so I’d like to see him play with Zacha & Pastrnak for 10-15 consistent games I believe he’d rack up points

He’s stronger than Poitras as well being 23
bruins have a lot of middle 6 centers. have to imagine someone ends up moving out at some point in a deal for a better player.

Reactions: Bodit9

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
bruins have a lot of middle 6 centers. have to imagine someone ends up moving out at some point in a deal for a better player.
Who would you classify as a middle 6 center - I want to see if we agree

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
None of these guys can PK or play both sides like Jake. It would be a major hit to lose him this year without a replacement better than all mentioned above.
DeBrusk can play both wings, with skill players, and is on both special teams second group

his streakiness is frustrating but he plays 200 feet and makes plays off the wing

Hopefully he signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad