Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I have read countless posts on Jake and I think most posters are very limited on there Knowledge. (not to be rude).
The first question and really the only relevant question is does DeBrusk want to remain a Bruin after this year and if so at what cap hit???? (I am sure DS has a pretty good idea in this area)
Personally I would like for Debrusk to remain a Bruin at the right cap hit
I think most agree that is the key.

I know many Bs fans, and no one hates Jake. Everyone wants him to get it going and be more consistent.

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
People think I dislike JDB on a personal level but it couldn't be further from the truth. He's quite possibly one of the nicest guys in the league and I think his talent package (speed, skating shot etc) is great.

Games like last night are why he drives me crazy --his dad is in the building: he is engaged, buzzing, going to the net etc.

His dad (perhaps the nicest off-ice guy in the history of the league) pulls out a cute card from Jake's childhood where JDB promises a goal. Great father-son moment and Jake goes to the net and scores a goal.

Kinda makes you wonder why he doesn't go to the net every game like that rather than doing his elite-skating-fly-by? If his dad had told him that he should get in a scrap then JDB woulda dropped the gloves.

The DeBrusk family are amazing people and I truly believe that they raised one hell of a nice man in JDB. He's loved in the dressing room and is 100% not the kind of guy to go to the war that is the NHL playoffs because he can play exceptional or go to a milk carton for most of the games.

He's not a kid anymore. It's time for him to go and from a sport's psychologist standpoint he would probably play much better (read: more consistent) playing in-front of his dad. Thats why people constantly link him to Edmonton.
Superby written post that covers the entire JDB rollercoaster. In the past, he'd go through his slumps, then the hot streaks with flashes of brilliance would have me saying "love this guy and would never part with him". Then he'd go cold and would piss me off, then hot again and figured THIS TIME he has finally figured it out.....nah, lather, rinse, repeat.

Good for the current hot streak if it helps the team win but I've had enough of his cyclical play and wouldn't gamble on signing that long-term. Hopefully they can package him for a C.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
That poster said he was "holding Pasta and Zacha down". 4 games and that's the conclusion one makes?

4 games, it looks like he hasn't held them down like that poster said. Pasta is still Pasta. Zacha was cold even before getting on this line with Jake. To say Jake is holding these players back is inaccurate in my opinion.
Jake can play fast and play with talent

When you play with Pasta you are going to get chances

Reactions: caz16 and Ladyfan

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
To me the biggest need on the team is #2 RW so that Heinen can be #3 RW and Richard can go to the press box. If Debrusk is moved, we'd have the cap space to stick a Tarasenko on #2RW till Lysell is ready (next year), and we grab someone physical at LW this year (till free agency).

I kinda like that idea tbh.
I am sort of liking the Tarasenko talk, I have been thinking about him lately myself. I happen to just be watching NHL channel and his name came up, play offs 97 games 44 goals 20 assists 64 points not to shabby and his name is on the cup.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
So you agree, he's not holding Zacha and Pasta back.
I’ve been an advocate of DeBrusk - Zacha- Pastrnak if they are going play Zacha at center

I think it could be a dynamite line

Pastrnak could bring out best of Jake

Reactions: Mione134

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I’ve been an advocate of DeBrusk - Zacha- Pastrnak if they are going play Zacha at center

My challenge is that for the money he‘s probably going to get somewhere (here?) I’d like to see who JDB can bring the best out of. Seems too often for me its ‘who can help Jake?”.

With his speed and ability he should be the driver not the drivee.

I like the kid (who doesn’t) but at this stage its time for him to consistently bring it regardless of who lines up with.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I am sort of liking the Tarasenko talk, I have been thinking about him lately myself. I happen to just be watching NHL channel and his name came up, play offs 97 games 44 goals 20 assists 64 points not to shabby and his name is on the cup.

He'd look real nice beside Marchy and Charlie...

Reactions: Hookslide

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
You agree with Dan’s future-tense take, that’s sensible.

He *could* do and be a lot. So far his most consistent accomplishment is eliciting pity from those unable to see things objectively.

I don't think anyone pitys him, or can't see things "objectively". I certainly don't (I'm sure the few people on here think I do and that's fine whatever).

The statement of Jake bringing down the line that he just was just put on for only 4(now 5 including tonights game) was false in my eyes. And people can disagree.

I hope Jake re-signs for a good, decent number. He has said he wants to be here. I definitely wouldn't pay 7-8 million. We're better with him than without. I'm curious to see what happens going forward like anyone else. I hope everything gets settled one way or another. Whether he stays or goes.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
My challenge is that for the money he‘s probably going to get somewhere (here?) I’d like to see who JDB can bring the best out of. Seems too often for me its ‘who can help Jake?”.

I like the kid (who doesn’t) but at this stage its time for him to consistently bring it regardless of who lines up with.
This post is how I see it too. I really like Jake, I want him to succeed and be the player he should be, but something just isn't working right. He has the talent and, as you said, he should be the driver (not the passenger).

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

For 6/40 you are suggesting, he shouldn’t need pastrnak to bring the best out of him. He should be elevating others at that type of money.

Also hes gone pointless in 4 out of 5 games with that line now.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

IMO...This is the problem.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He’s gonna walk for nothing or we’ll get something not sexy in return, everyone with half a brain knows the situation, why would they pay significantly for an enigmatic pending UFA

Well because if a team is going for it now, going for a proven playoff performer would be a huge value add on someone's second line

Likely the same reason the Bruins are not going to deal him away

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
he's probably gonna be an "own rental" when all is said and done. nobody is offering value that makes sense to trade him.
and you likely aren't getting a better player on the open market for less than "too much". the time to cash in on him as an
asset is long gone - when he was dealing alongside bergeron and marchand.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
he's probably gonna be an "own rental" when all is said and done. nobody is offering value that makes sense to trade him.
and you likely aren't getting a better player on the open market for less than "too much". the time to cash in on him as an
asset is long gone - when he was dealing alongside bergeron and marchand.
Disagree.

Days are numbered in Boston.

Details later this afternoon or early evening. Depends on how quickly I can get in front of a pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad