Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I agree - most of us could or have

I’m one of his biggest fans here but even I want more and more consistency

if he’s not signing at a contract in line as a middle 6 then I call up Edmonton

His age, style, and personality would fit well there
I do think it would, actually.

As far as inconsistency goes, it’s why the super special players are super special. So man have great talent x, but can’t bring intangible y. Not a criticism — few people have the “full package”.

Again, it’s why those guys who have speed, power, and skills combined with the hatred of losing are very few and far between.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Something in the way he moves...makes me think his head isn't always in the game
I honestly don't think he has been the same player since the Kadri incident. His confidence just disappeared and I never feel like he really gets it back. Maybe the concussion changed something or maybe it is fear.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
That has always been a concern with him. @Colt.45Orr has been vocal about it since he was drafted.

I'd love for him to be a reliable, consistent player but after 7 year+ in Boston, I think it is time to cut bait with him.
People think I dislike JDB on a personal level but it couldn't be further from the truth. He's quite possibly one of the nicest guys in the league and I think his talent package (speed, skating shot etc) is great.

Games like last night are why he drives me crazy --his dad is in the building: he is engaged, buzzing, going to the net etc.

His dad (perhaps the nicest off-ice guy in the history of the league) pulls out a cute card from Jake's childhood where JDB promises a goal. Great father-son moment and Jake goes to the net and scores a goal.

Kinda makes you wonder why he doesn't go to the net every game like that rather than doing his elite-skating-fly-by? If his dad had told him that he should get in a scrap then JDB woulda dropped the gloves.

The DeBrusk family are amazing people and I truly believe that they raised one hell of a nice man in JDB. He's loved in the dressing room and is 100% not the kind of guy to go to the war that is the NHL playoffs because he can play exceptional or go to a milk carton for most of the games.

He's not a kid anymore. It's time for him to go and from a sport's psychologist standpoint he would probably play much better (read: more consistent) playing in-front of his dad. Thats why people constantly link him to Edmonton.

Last edited:

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I was trying to get that in. - should have gone with Isn’t it a Pity
I was too, but I froze. Then for some odd reason “Crackerjack Palace” got in my head. Now it’s an ear worm I can’t get rid of.

It’s troubling, I’m embarrassed, and it is indeed a pity for me.

I can only hope CrackerJack Palace gets in someone else‘s head so I can share the pain. Nice song, but 24x7 is psychosis inducing.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
People think I dislike JDB on a personal level but it couldn't be further from the truth. He's quite possibly one of the nicest guys in the league and I think his talent package (speed, skating shot etc) is great.

Games like last night are why he drives me crazy --his dad is in the building: he is engaged, buzzing, going to the net etc.

His dad (perhaps the nicest off-ice guy in the history of the league) pulls out a cute card from Jake's childhood where JDB promises a goal. Great father-son moment and Jake goes to the net and scores a goal.

Kinda makes you wonder why he doesn't go to the net every game like that rather than doing his elite-skating-fly-by? If his dad had told him that he should get in a scrap then JDB woulda dropped the gloves.

The DeBrusk family are amazing people and I truly believe that they raised one hell of a nice man in JDB. He's loved in the dressing room and is 100% not the kind of guy to go to the war that is the NHL playoffs because he can play exceptional or go to a milk carton for games.

He's not a kid anymore. It's time for him to go and from a sport's psychologist standpoint he would probably play much better (read: more consistent) playing in-front of his dad. Thats why people constantly like him to Edmonton.
Phenomenal post especially the last paragraph.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I was too, but I froze. Then for some odd reason “Crackerjack Palace” got in my head. Now it’s an ear worm I can’t get rid of.

I can only hope CrackerJack Palace gets in someone else‘s head so I can share the pain. Nice song, but 24x7 is psychosis inducing.
Crackerbox Palace, but point taken! LOL not his finest hour!

• Haha
Reactions: Number8

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

The DeBrusk family are amazing people and I truly believe that they raised one hell of a nice man in JDB. He's loved in the dressing room and is 100% not the kind of guy to go to the war that is the NHL playoffs because he can play exceptional or go to a milk carton for games.

He's not a kid anymore. It's time for him to go and from a sport's psychologist standpoint he would probably play much better (read: more consistent) playing in-front of his dad. Thats why people constantly link him to Edmonton.
Great post!

Reactions: caz16

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

My gift to you.

Enjoy.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

The DeBrusk family are amazing people and I truly believe that they raised one hell of a nice man in JDB. He's loved in the dressing room and is 100% not the kind of guy to go to the war that is the NHL playoffs because he can play exceptional or go to a milk carton for most of the games.

The hard part is that he seemed to figured it out last year.

And then this year has happened.

And you wonder if once the contract is signed he gets back to the guy that was pacing to be a 35 goal scorer last year. The guy with two goals on a broken foot. And he was no passenger on that line.

But, then you wonder what the next thing will be.

I dunno. I root for him hard. And I empathized a LOT with his COVID struggles and am a bit attached. But I can’t roll my eyes at the run him out of town crowd anymore either.

Reactions: Trizz617

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
.....and here I was thinking that you were going to go with this. Show some sympathy, man!

Jake is a talented scorer with massive consistency issues who needs everything to be perfect in order to achieve his highest production, I've heard that before: the Ballad of Sir Frankie Vatrano. Let it roll across the ice..

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Jake is a talented scorer with massive consistency issues who needs everything to be perfect in order to achieve his highest production, I've heard that before: the Ballad of Sir Frankie Vatrano. Let it roll across the ice..
If we move Jake at the deadline this year, I'd try to grab Vatrano in a heartbeat. He's got a year left on his contract and is about a half-mil cheaper than what JDB is currently making.

Reactions: Ladyfan

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I don't agree.

I do agree he is frustrating. It is too bad because sometimes he looks good. All players have slumps but....

You don't agree that he's one of the most physically gifted on the team? I mean like the combo of speed and size, it's pretty remarkable. I don't mean his hands.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Vatrano's problem was coming into camp very overweight 2 years in a row. It was never about what was between the ears. Getting traded out of Boston was the kick in the pants he needed to grow up.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
To me the biggest need on the team is #2 RW so that Heinen can be #3 RW and Richard can go to the press box. If Debrusk is moved, we'd have the cap space to stick a Tarasenko on #2RW till Lysell is ready (next year), and we grab someone physical at LW this year (till free agency).

I kinda like that idea tbh.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
They've played a total of 4 games together on that line.

Stats say otherwise.

Zacha
View attachment 823786

Pasta
View attachment 823787

You can’t give these numbers as an example lol.

Just off the top of my head pastas goal against Dallas came without Debrusk on the ice. It was the 6 on 5 with Marchand-Zacha-pasta and Coyle as the extra forward lol

Then last nights pastrnak goal Debrusk was going for a line change when lohrei keptntue pick in the offensive zone and passed to pastrnak and lohrei and pastrnak were the only two players for the bruins in the offensive zone.

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
You can’t give these numbers as an example lol.

Just off the top of my head pastas goal against Dallas came without Debrusk on the ice. It was the 6 on 5 with Marchand-Zacha-pasta and Coyle as the extra forward lol

Then last nights pastrnak goal Debrusk was going for a line change when lohrei keptntue pick in the offensive zone and passed to pastrnak and lohrei and pastrnak were the only two players for the bruins in the offensive zone.
That poster said he was "holding Pasta and Zacha down". 4 games and that's the conclusion one makes?

4 games, it looks like he hasn't held them down like that poster said. Pasta is still Pasta. Zacha was cold even before getting on this line with Jake. To say Jake is holding these players back is inaccurate in my opinion.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I have read countless posts on Jake and I think most posters are very limited on there Knowledge. (not to be rude).
The first question and really the only relevant question is does DeBrusk want to remain a Bruin after this year and if so at what cap hit???? (I am sure DS has a pretty good idea in this area)
Personally I would like for Debrusk to remain a Bruin at the right cap hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad