Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I appreciate your maturity and honesty here

Same

My daughter is a Jake fan -she got a jersey so hoping he stays lol

You and I have had discussions about this. You know where I stand. Heck, we could go back to our Jared Knight conversations 😂

Love the player. Like his new 200 ft game. I would love for him to re-sign. I'm realistic. 6 years? Absolutely. 7? I just don't think it's gonna happen.

But I'll keep saying it. We're a better team, especially in the playoffs when it matters, when Jake is on this team.

Reactions: bme44

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
He's also played in a lot more games, be honest and show the playoff ppg...

Jake - 0.55
Barzal - 0.75
Connor - 0.71
Boeser - 0.79
How are the other three on the PK?

The points were to show Jake showed up when it counted and wasn’t as bad a pick as people made it out to be. You can argue he was a better all around player than the other three.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Its not a desperate need. You need to replace 40 points. Its possible
You know he's tied for 1st in scoring with Pasta at 9 goals in 20 games over the last 2 playoffs? One less goal than Zacha, Coyle, Frederic, and Geekie had combined for in their respective 71 games played?

Those guys are also capable of 40 or more. None of them are replacing what Debrusk bring in the playoffs. Anyone who you could reasonably expect to perform as good as Debrusk is getting paid at least a few million more.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You and I have had discussions about this. You know where I stand. Heck, we could go back to our Jared Knight conversations 😂

Love the player. Like his new 200 ft game. I would love for him to re-sign. I'm realistic. 6 years? Absolutely. 7? I just don't think it's gonna happen.

But I'll keep saying it. We're a better team, especially in the playoffs when it matters, when Jake is on this team.
Still not convinced he’s gone

I have no feeling either way but Bruins all he’s ever known and it’s a successful organization with good people/team mates

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Krug was a terrible contract. We wanted no part of that. Gryz was not the replacement. Debrusk is speedy winger with meh production. You can fill out those pieces later.

Krug's free agent contract is unrelated as the Bruins made no effort to sign him. Have to imagine the same is happening with Debrusk regardless of what Sweeney says.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
You know he's tied for 1st in scoring with Pasta at 9 goals in 20 games over the last 2 playoffs? One less goal than Zacha, Coyle, Frederic, and Geekie had combined for in their respective 71 games played?

Those guys are also capable of 40 or more. None of them are replacing what Debrusk bring in the playoffs. Anyone who you could reasonably expect to perform as good as Debrusk is getting paid at least a few million more.
You dont need to replace him 1 for 1. They need help in other areas.

Krug's free agent contract is unrelated as the Bruins made no effort to sign him. Have to imagine the same is happening with Debrusk regardless of what Sweeney says.
I agree with this. I think he's gone

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Everybody and their mother wants to trade assets and give 7m+ to Necas but want to just straight up move on from Debrusk.

Career vs Debrusk

Regular season
PPG .67 vs .57
GPG .27 vs .30

Playoffs
PPG .51 vs .55
GPG .19 vs .31

Last edited:
Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Do you see speed and goal scoring ability as one of those areas? Guys that can ramp up their game when it matters most? Those seem to be areas we are lacking in.
They want speed
They know him
If being a bit goofy at times is a crime then hell yeh get rid of him

if he’s got some crazy 7x7/7.5 out there already that’s a big difference then a Boston 5 or 6 years at 6 M

I’d be all over Arizona - fun, fun, fun…..but Utah for 6 months ?

I don’t see how Pittsburgh can fit him in

Seattle would be a great place I’d go to as well

Fascinating to watch

I just don’t see how this is drama ?

This is what this board is for

You don’t like the discussion or people on here use ignore - I’m certainly not offended

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I’d like to keep Jake at $5.5-6 x 5. I don’t think you are likely to get a better player at that price. I have to imagine the Bruins are somewhere in that ballpark with their offer, and rightfully so. If a deal isn’t done it’s because Jake is looking for more in term, dollars, or probably both. He’ll get it somewhere and best of luck to him if he does.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I respectfully disagree with this.

It's hard to figure out what players are actually worth, but market values are way over the place. Prime example is someone like Jeff Skinner whose market wasn't 9m dollars after a 46pts season where he went -27. But Buffalo had a need and needed to compete with other offers. This is just one example of how quickly market rates inflate for a plethora of reasons.
It's basic economy. What he gets on the open market will determine what is his value.

Teams will overpay for a player due to perceive needs and wants. It does not mean a player is worth what they are being paid.
You may pay extra for a house because the location and land use meets a need and desire. Where as the exact same house else where would sell for less. The cost of the actual house is the same in both places but you pay extra for one because of the need.
Overpay or underpay is an appreciation.
Numbers determine what his value is, at least for the team willing to pay.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Still not convinced he’s gone

I have no feeling either way but Bruins all he’s ever known and it’s a successful organization with good people/team mates
He will be in Canada next season, take that to the bank

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I respectfully disagree with this.

It's hard to figure out what players are actually worth, but market values are way over the place. Prime example is someone like Jeff Skinner whose market wasn't 9m dollars after a 46pts season where he went -27. But Buffalo had a need and needed to compete with other offers. This is just one example of how quickly market rates inflate for a plethora of reasons.
I agree but I struggle with the word "worth" in what is not a true market like the NHL.

I guess that as long as one team is willing to pay you x, that is actually what you are "worth". Maybe not good value for money (or the other way around), but it is what you are worth.

John Tavares is worth $10M to Toronto. Maybe not to you and I but that is what he gets paid.

Reactions: Bradely

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
It's basic economy. What he gets on the open market will determine what is his value.

Overpay or underpay is an appreciation.
Numbers determine what his value is, at least for the team willing to pay.

So John Tavares and David Pastrnak have the same value in your world?

Reactions: lopey

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Toffoli put up 33 & 34 goal seasons the last two years.

Late career spike.
All the time's he has been available, I had hoped the Bruins would have made a move on him, but now I have reservations that the Bruins might be too late to the dance, proceed with caution.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Definitely you can ignore this and posters and neighbors, family members, co workers

Only pets don’t work
I need to dig into the features of HF Boards as it seems there are some things I am not taking advantage of.

On the Main Boards, is there an option to send an electrical charge to the testicles of anyone who uses the "AINEC" thing? No particular reason for asking, just wondering.

Reactions: DKH

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
A 6 I can see. A 7???? Yikes. Not saying it won't happen, but that would be a ballsy gamble for a GM.
I think you’re looking at a year like 2016. Lots of cap, shitty UFA class…and this was with a $73M cap.

76EC6EDB-BAAC-445E-9C77-3BDAAFCBD5C9.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: xStanleyCupsFor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad