Former Bruins Jake DeBrusk - gone to Nucks

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
prolly not much at all. and if so, wouldnt it be in a good way? zacha is super fairly priced imo
If Sweeney is using Zacha as a comparable, it could be the reason why both sides (Bruins and DeBrusk) are way off on negotiations.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think he's going. Sweeney is willing to let him go to FA and see what kind of market there is for him. I have a feeling there is a team out there that steps up and pays him enough to walk away from whatever offer Boston is giving him. Over the last 3 years DeBrusk averages out to roughly at 25G/50P winger that can play a solid two-way game and give you PK time. Over the last 3 seasons he ranks....

Among LW's
Goals - 22nd
Assist - 44th
Points - 32nd

Among RW's
Goals - 20th
Assist - 25th
Points - 32nd

Playoffs among FWD's
Goals - 33rd
Assist - 47th
Points - 42nd

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
I think JDB signs either in Edmonton on the cheap(home town chance to win a cup) or Utah for big dollars(no lime light just here for the money)

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I think he's going. Sweeney is willing to let him go to FA and see what kind of market there is for him. I have a feeling there is a team out there that steps up and pays him enough to walk away from whatever offer Boston is giving him. Over the last 3 years DeBrusk averages out to roughly at 25G/50P winger that can play a solid two-way game and give you PK time. Over the last 3 seasons he ranks....

Among LW's
Goals - 22nd
Assist - 44th
Points - 32nd

Among RW's
Goals - 20th
Assist - 25th
Points - 32nd

Playoffs among FWD's
Goals - 33rd
Assist - 47th
Points - 42nd

This is the exact reason the Bruins are in trouble if they choose to move on.

Sweeney has been all too comfortable playing short a top 6 winger and soon it will be two. But the Felger fans will celebrate because of the image Debrusk has been assigned.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
This is the exact reason the Bruins are in trouble if they choose to move on.

Sweeney has been all too comfortable playing short a top 6 winger and soon it will be two. But the Felger fans will celebrate because of the image Debrusk has been assigned.

*earned, not assigned.

Overpaying for average just because of "well if he leaves..." is a recipe for disaster. He's going to get well above his actual worth on the market

Reactions: myleafs and lopey

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
*earned, not assigned.

Overpaying for average just because of "well if he leaves..." is a recipe for disaster. He's going to get well above his actual worth on the market

If Debrusk is merely average the Bruins are truly in trouble the next several seasons. Building around even less average Geekie/Zacha/Heinen/Frederic types by that standard..

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
What he gets on the market will be his actual worth.
Teams will overpay for a player due to perceive needs and wants. It does not mean a player is worth what they are being paid.
You may pay extra for a house because the location and land use meets a need and desire. Where as the exact same house else where would sell for less. The cost of the actual house is the same in both places but you pay extra for one because of the need.

Reactions: TCB

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
What he gets on the market will be his actual worth.

I respectfully disagree with this.

It's hard to figure out what players are actually worth, but market values are way over the place. Prime example is someone like Jeff Skinner whose market wasn't 9m dollars after a 46pts season where he went -27. But Buffalo had a need and needed to compete with other offers. This is just one example of how quickly market rates inflate for a plethora of reasons.

Reactions: Bodit9

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
jake should and will be paid more.
He will be, whether it is by the Bruins or someone other team, we'll see.

In my opinion, I think he would strive more in a system that is more north-south than east-west. He's been on the Bruins for 7 seasons, and I still don't think he has meshed too well with his linemates which is scary to think because we know his floor is 20 goals. There could be a lot of untapped potential there.

From a Bruins perspective, he's the perfect middle 6 forward. I don't think he has taken the reigns to replace Marchand whenever he hangs them up so it could be that the Bruins may not see Debrusk as a core player or a player to keep long-term and with a higher AAV.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
He will be, whether it is by the Bruins or someone other team, we'll see.

In my opinion, I think he would strive more in a system that is more north-south than east-west. He's been on the Bruins for 7 seasons, and I still don't think he has meshed too well with his linemates which is scary to think because we know his floor is 20 goals. There could be a lot of untapped potential there.

From a Bruins perspective, he's the perfect middle 6 forward. I don't think he has taken the reigns to replace Marchand whenever he hangs them up so it could be that the Bruins may not see Debrusk as a core player or a player to keep long-term and with a higher AAV.
DeBrusk's last contract was for 2yrs 8M, his raise per yr was only 325K, his last two contracts were for 2 yrs each.
So some how, he's going to get a big fat raise, and longer term, fat chance of that happening! Even after his recent playoff performance, and the raise in salary cap.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
DeBrusk's last contract was for 2yrs 8M, his raise per yr was only 325K, his last two contracts were for 2 yrs each.
So some how, he's going to get a big fat raise, and longer term, fat chance of that happening! Even after his recent playoff performance, and the raise in salary cap.
If Jake goes to market his number will have at least a 6 on it and good chance it starts with a 7

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I can't say I'll be sorry to see him go. He's too enigmatic for me. Sometimes when everything is just right for him he plays great but that does not seem to be most of the time. If the stars aren't aligned for him he just doesn't seem to be able to handle it well. I guess I'm just done trying to figure out what drives him and I bet the Bruins are too.

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
JDB is the classic player needing a fresh start somewhere else. At this point I don't think he'll ever reach his full potential in Boston; he just has too much emotional baggage.

Reactions: BMC

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
JDB is the classic player needing a fresh start somewhere else. At this point I don't think he'll ever reach his full potential in Boston; he just has too much emotional baggage.
Or…expectations for him are ridiculous and he produces at a level commensurate with a contract around $6M a year plus or minus. And he also performs in the playoffs, and contributes all over the ice.

One or the other.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
During Free agency GM's get plan Dumb and overpay like Drunken sailors way to often. Good for the players not so much for their teams and cap issues down the road.
Sure…but so many people here want to give him a contract in the 4s when that isn’t his worth in the market.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Or…expectations for him are ridiculous and he produces at a level commensurate with a contract around $6M a year plus or minus. And he also performs in the playoffs, and contributes all over the ice.

One or the other.

1 50 point season out of 7 isn't $6m production. Especially when it comes with a Kovalev-esque effort level

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad