Player Discussion Jacob Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
the video was literally just criticism of his play and saying he’s a bad player and a headhunter. There was nothing horrible that would warrant Trouba’s tweet. He isn’t shining light on the mental health war, he’s using it to shield himself from criticism. This was not vile insults. This was not threats. This was not hatred. This was a critique of his on ice play and how his level of headhunting is hypocritical to the causes he supports.

There’s some massive irony in saying athletes mental health isn’t taken seriously in response to a valid critique of his play. It’s shit like THIS that leads to people not taking it seriously.

This literally comes off as “stop criticizing my play or i’ll kill myself and it’ll be your fault”.
Read any of his tweets if you think "this was not hatred."

I wanted to show examples but I won't even platform his tweets here.

Reactions: Kords

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
If anybody on this board said the same thing, I might say don't bring up his wife. Beyond that, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

When malcontents and outsiders say things like that, you side with the Rangers. Don't be a scab. I don't care how bad the guy is.

These people aren't dunking on Trouba because he sucks and hurts the team. They're doing it because he plays for our team. They would say the same about Fox. They would say the same about you.

Every other tweet this f***ing rash has made recently is picking on Shesterkin. That's your guy?

These people wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.
Bingo! Well said brother. This organization has never really been the bully throughout the decades. They’ve always been the bullied dating back to the 70s Flyers days. Fast forward to this century and you have Gaborik getting bullied, Panarin getting bullied, and that’s to name a few. The team is finally starting to be more like the bully with guys like Rempe and Trouba. Embrace the villain role because these losers hate us no matter what. That Pasha guy might be the biggest tool in “hockey”. He waited until the Rangers were down in the conference finals before he climbed out of his cave. Oh and his name is Pasha so I mean the joke just writes itself.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Biz and Whitney did get at Pasha. Im sure it was for clicks though. Biz seemed drunk but he wants Trouba and pasha ( who cant skate) to do a one on one, so trouba can line him up.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Broken ankle def hurt his mobility which wasn’t one of his best attributes to start with…..
TBH, I think psychologically he was jealous/trying to lead by example because he captain? Maybe best way to put it?

When the garden would go bonkers for Rempe after he even made hits that didn’t always connect.
I think Trouba wanted a piece of that for himself….
He’s always a predatory hitter( always looking) to catch someone with head down coming across the blue line.
On broken foot he’s gotta be smarter after taking all those penalties, and whiffing on a lot of big hits cause he’s a second or 2 slower with the ankle.
Not a good look for the captain.
I get that he wants to play thru it and contribute, but at what point do you wake up and say, I have to adjust my game a bit accordingly to my current situation???

Reactions: McRanger92

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Broken ankle def hurt his mobility which wasn’t one of his best attributes to start with…..
TBH, I think psychologically he was jealous/trying to lead by example because he captain? Maybe best way to put it?

When the garden would go bonkers for Rempe after he even made hits that didn’t always connect.
I think Trouba wanted a piece of that for himself….
He’s always a predatory hitter( always looking) to catch someone with head down coming across the blue line.
On broken foot he’s gotta be smarter after taking all those penalties, and whiffing on a lot of big hits cause he’s a second or 2 slower with the ankle.
Not a good look for the captain.
I get that he wants to play thru it and contribute, but at what point do you wake up and say, I have to adjust my game a bit accordingly to my current situation???

Game 1 3rd period he blasted Stenlund and the Garden erupted, Rangers didnt score but they had a flurry of chances going the other way and had the crowd on its feet. I feel like the rest of the series he was trying to recreate that effect. Unfortunately his foot speed, decision making and the fact that Florida had their heads up made him extremely ineffective. Miller and Schneider also played the series like they had a full diaper because the big tough Captain was getting clowned every game. There was a mental battle at play with Florida and we lost it in a landslide imo.

Reactions: jay from jersey

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Game 1 3rd period he blasted Stenlund and the Garden erupted, Rangers didnt score but they had a flurry of chances going the other way and had the crowd on its feet. I feel like the rest of the series he was trying to recreate that effect. Unfortunately his foot speed, decision making and the fact that Florida had their heads up made him extremely ineffective. Miller and Schneider also played the series like they had a full diaper because the big tough Captain was getting clowned every game. There was a mental battle at play with Florida and we lost it in a landslide imo.
Yup gotta agree. The longer and farther we went, the slower he got, and the more his timing was off.

You also see him taking more dumb hooking/obstruction penalties as well

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Ranger fans have a long rich history of going south on defensemen.
200w.webp

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
He’s gonna be featured in a new docuseries following a bunch of players premiering this fall. Can’t link the tweet from my phone, but the hate boner continues to intensify judging from the comments.

Honestly, the more people are crying about him the more I’m rooting for him to succeed. Saying that as someone who honestly thinks he might of cost us a shot in the SCF a week ago is wild to me but here we are.
Great news! We will never get rid of him now.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
On Trouba's ankle thing and him saying that it didn't feel right afterwards I'll say this--as a side effect of chemotherapy I developed peripheral neuropathy in my feet. Whether that ever goes away I don't know but my feet don't feel right either which doesn't mean that if someone watched me walk they would notice anything.....but it's there and it's constant and it's really weird. It's in the tips of my fingers too. So a foot/ankle injury is not something I would challenge anyone on. It's kind of if you have a back injury you know it's f***ed up whether someone can see it on an x-ray or not.

As for the Devils fan and the people at Spittin Chiclets I agree with Machinehead's take. They're not to be taken seriously. They also like to f*** with Rangers fans just because. Bissonette has long had this Penguins fetish and fanboy love of Crosby. Crosby IMO is a great player but to me he's an opposition player. I respect him as a player but I don't like him mostly because of the team he's played for. There have been a bunch of angles and breakdowns on the hit that Trouba put on Crosby in the playoffs a couple years ago. I think it was Bieska who had the best one that I've seen that showed Trouba's stick between Crosby's skates as he was hitting him and pretty much proved to me it was clean or clean enough. Bissonette will ride that one forever kind of how Montreal fans still blame Kreider for the Price injury.....not their own D for crashing Kreider into their goalie.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Let's be real, the Devils never had a dynasty.
They won 3 cups in 8 years with arguably the best goalie who ever played. Their wins were so suffocating that they almost ruined the game in the process and resulted in rule changes still in effect today.

I can't minimize what they accomplished, as much as I hate them and their fans. It's as close to a dynasty as we'll see in our era.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

94leetch

Oct 29, 2022
What's with people acting like merely mentioning someone's wife/occupation is so scandalous? "They brought up his wife, what a low blow."

What? Someone's wife is a human being in their life. It's just context. What's offensive about recognizing that he has a wife who has a background in neurological health? It's like some ultra old-fashioned pearl-clutching
It's a bitch move, IMO.

Reactions: McRanger92

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
i think the content of the vid is fine but the way the guy smugly presents it makes it feel worse than it is. and then you see the rest of his content and well...f*** him. he's a tool.

Rangeri

Sep 29, 2020
Lapland
Would Drury even be bold enough to trade him?

Not sure is Drury that vicious.

I've cooled down, so would not be against to give him another chance, but I think this roster need some kind of shake up to wake them up a little.

There seems to be no logical choice other than him or Mika.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Would Drury even be bold enough to trade him?

Not sure is Drury that vicious.

I've cooled down, so would not be against to give him another chance, but I think this roster need some kind of shake up to wake them up a little.

There seems to be no logical choice other than him or Mika.

Lindgren. But that would be an indirect shot across the bow to Fox(his best friend in hockey) and Laf(his roommate). It’s sending a message sure and they need to upgrade that role (1D) but I think it’s being sent to the wrong recipient.

I just really don’t see a realistic scenario where I’m confident in the Rangers next year if Trouba and Lindgren are still here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad