Player Discussion Jacob Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Don't side with that weasel.
There was nothing wrong with what the guy said. Chiclets is for tards but I really didn’t see anything out of bounds there. I honestly thought it was hilarious that he was like “your wife is a neuro major, maybe you should ask her about the concussions you’re dealing out”. That was about as clean a cooking as I’ve seen and trouba of course responds with that awkward bomb

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There was nothing wrong with what the guy said. Chiclets is for tards but I really didn’t see anything out of bounds there. I honestly thought it was hilarious that he was like “your wife is a neuro major, maybe you should ask her about the concussions you’re dealing out”. That was about as clean a cooking as I’ve seen and trouba of course responds with that awkward bomb
Laugh at it on the main boards.

Reactions: CasusBelli and NikC

SickNice

Oct 7, 2005
Hoboken, NJ
He didn't really come at his wife, correct, but there's a broader code where you don't even mention or speak to family. It's a bad job by whoever the clown was.

And all the points on what Trouba was trying to say are good ones - but he shouldve been more explicit / clear. Guy even whiffs on his big-hit attempts on socal media.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If anybody on this board said the same thing, I might say don't bring up his wife. Beyond that, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

When malcontents and outsiders say things like that, you side with the Rangers. Don't be a scab. I don't care how bad the guy is.

These people aren't dunking on Trouba because he sucks and hurts the team. They're doing it because he plays for our team. They would say the same about Fox. They would say the same about you.

Every other tweet this f***ing rash has made recently is picking on Shesterkin. That's your guy?

These people wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

Gordon Bombay

Built for the HFNYR Offseason
Oct 13, 2006
Don't side with that weasel.
Would love to get that guys opinion on Scott Stevens.

It's disappointing that charity work is being demeaned by this clown. You want to say he sucks and whatever else, that's fine that's what social media is now, but when someone does something good can we please leave it be?

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
If anybody on this board said the same thing, I might say don't bring up his wife. Beyond that, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

When malcontents and outsiders say things like that, you side with the Rangers. Don't be a scab. I don't care how bad the guy is.

These people aren't dunking on Trouba because he sucks and hurts the team. They're doing it because he plays for our team. They would say the same about Fox. They would say the same about you.

Every other tweet this f***ing rash has made recently is picking on Shesterkin. That's your guy?

Circle the wagons

Reactions: Machinehead

NikC

Oct 7, 2008

Right on man! This is a load of horseshit! These fans of other teams cry foul when the Rangers finally play physical... where was the outcry when Subban slewfooted Blias and ended his season?
in a pre season game no less?

Or when Panarin was body-slammed by Wilson? What about when Stamkos spit at LaFreniere 3 yrs ago in the playoffs?

Some of the fans of this sport are the most ignorant people you'll ever want to meet.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Or Barry Beck. Or Tom Poti. Or Marek Malik.
In recent times, Neal Pionk. A UDFA maxing out his ability in a way no one on this board does in their life to the tune of over $20M.

Some people need to punch down on others. Even wildly successful others.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Right on man! This is a load of horseshit! These fans of other teams cry foul when the Rangers finally play physical... where was the outcry when Subban slewfooted Blias and ended his season?
in a pre season game no less?

Or when Panarin was body-slammed by Wilson? What about when Stamkos spit at LaFreniere 3 yrs ago in the playoffs?

Some of the fans of this sport are the most ignorant people you'll ever want to meet.
Spot on. In this last series Kulikov, Bennett, and Montour had some bullshit hits on Rangers that were met with crickets from other fanbases. OTOH we heard for days what a dirty elbow Trouba threw on Rodrigues.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
He's making the point that athlete suicide and athlete mental health issues are on the rise since the internet became a thing.

Every mouthbreather has a platform now and journalism isn't handled professionally anymore.
Seriously. Look at Bissonette and Slewban. Talk about mouthbreathers. Slewban talking about a dirty hit is comedy.

and 99 others

i enjoy watching hockey
Jul 27, 2011
That was about as clean a cooking as I’ve seen and trouba of course responds with that awkward bomb
Sometimes i forget a majority of users on this forum have never been hit in the face before let alone played competitive sports and then i read something like this and am reminded

Reactions: clmetsfan

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Ranger fans have a long rich history of going south on defensemen. I can trace it back as far as Allan (HOFer) Stanley. The grief Trouba is getting isn’t even close to the hate aimed at Bruce Driver or Stephane Quintal.
My late father in law was a Ranger STH in 1950s. When he first found out I was working in hockey and was a Ranger fan, literally the first word’s out of his mouth were “that bum Allan Stanley”. This was in the 1970s, long after Stanley won four cups in Toronto and retired. I gave him an autographed photo of Stanley for Christmas in the 1990s. It was not well received.

94leetch

Oct 29, 2022
Bringing a guys wife into it ?
Really?
It's infantile.

Reactions: FireGerardGallant

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Bringing a guys wife into it ?
Really?
It's infantile.
What's with people acting like merely mentioning someone's wife/occupation is so scandalous? "They brought up his wife, what a low blow."

What? Someone's wife is a human being in their life. It's just context. What's offensive about recognizing that he has a wife who has a background in neurological health? It's like some ultra old-fashioned pearl-clutching

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
He’s gonna be featured in a new docuseries following a bunch of players premiering this fall. Can’t link the tweet from my phone, but the hate boner continues to intensify judging from the comments.

Honestly, the more people are crying about him the more I’m rooting for him to succeed. Saying that as someone who honestly thinks he might of cost us a shot in the SCF a week ago is wild to me but here we are.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022

the video was literally just criticism of his play and saying he’s a bad player and a headhunter. There was nothing horrible that would warrant Trouba’s tweet. He isn’t shining light on the mental health war, he’s using it to shield himself from criticism. This was not vile insults. This was not threats. This was not hatred. This was a critique of his on ice play and how his level of headhunting is hypocritical to the causes he supports.

There’s some massive irony in saying athletes mental health isn’t taken seriously in response to a valid critique of his play. It’s shit like THIS that leads to people not taking it seriously.

This literally comes off as “stop criticizing my play or i’ll kill myself and it’ll be your fault”.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
the video was literally just criticism of his play and saying he’s a bad player and a headhunter. There was nothing horrible that would warrant Trouba’s tweet. He isn’t shining light on the mental health war, he’s using it to shield himself from criticism. This was not vile insults. This was not threats. This was not hatred. This was a critique of his on ice play and how his level of headhunting is hypocritical to the causes he supports.

There’s some massive irony in saying athletes mental health isn’t taken seriously in response to a valid critique of his play. It’s shit like THIS that leads to people not taking it seriously.

This literally comes off as “stop criticizing my play or i’ll kill myself and it’ll be your fault”.

It only comes off that way if you take it literally. It's obviously not what he meant, and you are smart enough to know that. Your hatred of Trouba has clouded your judgement. Like @Machinehead said, go to the Devils or main board if you want to dunk on the team. Tired act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad