Player Discussion Jacob Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I thought Trouba was injured by the obvious loss of mobility.

What I don't understand is why Laviollete played an injured Trouba over a healthy Jones.
I had asked to dress 7 dmen since early in the Fla series. I would have preferred Jones be the 7th Dman but Jones is LH. I felt like Fox and Trouba were the guys that needed help. They are both RH.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Which begs the question, how and why did it come up?
I figure the media suspected just like the fans suspected. The media probably asked. I doubt Trouba brought it up totally unprompted. I don't think many players bring up things without being asked. I do not view Trouba as an excuse guy. In fact I would guess it was a lot worse than he let on. I had foot issues. Foot and ankle issues are terrible in skates.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
His mobility was hampered for sure. But that doesn't excuse the mind blowing horrible reads and decisions. On that give and go goal, Trouba attacked 2 guys at our blue line. It looks like he anticipated a pass to the guy on the boards. The guy didn't pass it so Trouba was beat. But here's my real issue. Ok, you're beat. But at least hit the guy on the boards, take the interference penalty, whatever. At least slow one of the guys down. He just veers off into the sunset and both guys fly past and do the give and go.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
I had asked to dress 7 dmen since early in the Fla series. I would have preferred Jones be the 7th Dman but Jones is LH. I felt like Fox and Trouba were the guys that needed help. They are both RH.
could’ve given fox some help by giving him a not bad not injured LD

His mobility was hampered for sure. But that doesn't excuse the mind blowing horrible reads and decisions. On that give and go goal, Trouba attacked 2 guys at our blue line. It looks like he anticipated a pass to the guy on the boards. The guy didn't pass it so Trouba was beat. But here's my real issue. Ok, you're beat. But at least hit the guy on the boards, take the interference penalty, whatever. At least slow one of the guys down. He just veers off into the sunset and both guys fly past and do the give and go.
He’s at the point where he’s so bad that you cant even come up with an idea of what he was trying to do in the replay

Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
Is Trouba implying he's suicidal? What is this?

No, he’s saying athletes are real people and that this moron went over the line talking about his wife and charity. And that if this was another athlete who maybe wasn’t as mentally stable as Trouba then that could have severe consequences.

He’s advocating for the mental health of athletes during a period of time where they seem to be affected more than ever.

*he should have clarified the bolded

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
No, he’s saying athletes are real people and that this moron went over the line talking about his wife and charity. And that if this was another athlete who maybe wasn’t as mentally stable as Trouba then that could have severe consequences.

He’s advocating for the mental health of athletes during a period of time where they seem to be affected more than ever.

*he should have clarified the bolded

Good for Trouba honestly. Spittin Chiclets entire business model is to ride bandwagons du jour and talk shit about the Rangers. Devils and Islanders fans couldnt wait to crawl out of their graves to tell everyone how embarrassing the Rangers are. A spring tradition for 2 joke fanbases, especially devils fans like this pigeon in the video.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If a dog took a shit, and that shit rolled down the hill into an algae-infested pond, and a fish ate that festering turd and re-shit it into the same pond, it would be more useful than Spittin Chiclets.

If their entire operation was on fire, I would save the plants. They're smarter.

I'm sorry if you listen to it, except no I'm not. Become an adult.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If a dog took a shit, and that shit rolled down the hill into an algae-infested pond, and a fish ate that festering turd and re-shit it into the same pond, it would be more useful than Spittin Chiclets.

If their entire operation was on fire, I would save the plants. They're smarter.

Don't like how they brought his wife and personal life into the convo. I don't defend those hits on the ice, and yeah Trouba is not very good at defending, but there is a line that should not be crossed, and they crossed it, imo.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Not ok what he said. I hope we beat the Devils ass even harder next season. We basically sunk their playoff chances this year. Let's keep that rolling.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Don't like how they brought his wife and personal life into the convo. I don't defend those hits on the ice, and yeah Trouba is not very good at defending, but there is a line that should not be crossed, and they crossed it, imo.

Q5XLTN4.png

Highlighted probably makes it make sense.

Even aside from bringing his wife into it...and even if it is true, you don't say an NHL player "Sucks at hockey" as a host on Spittin Chiclets unless you have an axe to grind.

This guy is a partisan douche who needs to stay in his own lane making shitty films. Not sure why he even has a platform on SC.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

Listen to Don LaGrecas pod it’s a million times better. And it’s Ranger-centric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad