Player Discussion Jacob Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Can’t see Trouba being moved when he’s about to become one of the stars of an NHL reality show. I’m also curious to see how much his wife features. She has star power.
Can his wife body check and score the occasional goal? If the answer is NO I can't see how her being on a reality show helps the Rangers win a cup. If anything it will just magnify and increase the pressure on Jake.

DevilDog99

May 5, 2018
We are keeping Trouba. Drury understands that guys like Troubs are needed more on this team, not less.

Guy has heart and leadership- way more than the other “A” leaders on this team. I couldn’t believe the diving and whining I saw from Fox and Zbads. Are you guys honestly not embarrassed by that? Being called out by all the other coaches and players. That is not NY.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
And sign Avery to a PTO

And people here really think his contract is tradeable. It's not even close even at 50% retained. We would have been better off with Ben Harpur vs the Panthers.

Even buying out Trouba is quite drastic for a team that won the presidents trophy. Most likely scenario is he is cast as a bottom pair D from game 1 and the staff stops asking him to play a role he literally cannot. It is what it is. He's not going anywhere
History as an indicator should mean that his contract is absolutely trade-able.
There will indeed be suitors should he become available as well. Do I expect a haul of A+ assets? Or even 1 A asset? No.

Likely mid draft picks and maybe a prospect with decent upside…. Probably a player too so a little cash/cap hit comes the other way. That’s just how the business works…

Trouba isn’t a Norris trophy caliber D. But he is also better than the guy we all watched in the playoffs.
The broken bone in his foot obviously had an impact…
He affected him even before then when he first came back. Lavi dropped him to 3rd pair.

Just like Fox, Trouba was pretty much also playing on 1 leg, and it showed.

Leadership/grit/size/playing physical etc
Are all qualities most teams look to add, Especially come playoff time.

Trouba is 30 years old. He got 2 more years under contract. He’ll be 32 not 42.
Short term deal is a +
32 years old at the end of deal is a +
8 mill cap hit for 2 seasons is a -
Only being owed 6 mill real cash per year is a +
His being a current captain of one of the leagues top teams is a +
He can move the puck. And average year from him with no real PP time, he should get 35pts or so. +

That’s a lot of positives for deadline or young contending teams looking to add a veteran in the short term.

FLA-paid a lot to get Ben freaking Chariot from Mon at the TDL
Det-then went and drove a truck full of $$ to sign him in FA in the offseason.

Gudbranson- signed a 4 year deal in FA

Carson Soucy got a solid raise a couple years back.

Seth jones and Darnell nurse signed monster deals with most of their best hockey played before hand.

Some team is going to pay Zadorov a ton for a solid playoff in a contract year and immediately be disappointed likely before the 1st season is over.
He’s a 5-6 D that was to be paid like a 2-3.

There are a lot more examples…… but guys value on HF by some and guys value in the NHL by players and executives are 2 very different things.

if they want to move Trouba this offseason, they’ll find takers

If they want to wait 1 more year and want to move him next offseason, they’ll find takers

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
He can move the puck.
1717956272079.gif

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
We are keeping Trouba. Drury understands that guys like Troubs are needed more on this team, not less.

Guy has heart and leadership- way more than the other “A” leaders on this team. I couldn’t believe the diving and whining I saw from Fox and Zbads. Are you guys honestly not embarrassed by that? Being called out by all the other coaches and players. That is not NY.
When Tuba got punched by Renhart at the end of regulation in game 4 he whined to the ref instead of feeding Rembart a knuckle sandwich. If they fight, then neither are on the ice for the PP and we maybe have a chance to win that game since Reinhart scored and Tuba was the one who was in no man’s land and left him wide open for a one timer.

Tuba sucks in every conceivable way. Get rid of him .

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Something like Trouba and Goodrow for Copp and Petry makes a lot of sense.

We need another center and it frees up $3.6 million of cap space. Sign Schneider and promote him to the top 4.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Hate to pile on Tuba (ah no I don’t I love it) but his recent playoff horror show has most of us here forgetting that he nearly single handedly lost the Tampa series for us two years ago as well. Anyone else recall being up 2 games to none and 2-0 in game three when he decided to take one of his signature penalties?

Please, for the love of f***ing Christ, get this guy outta here. It needs to happen for so many reasons even beyond the fact that he sucks.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
The biggest issue with Trouba is that of all the defensemen in the NHL over the past 20 years, he's the one that's most ill equipped to be playing injured. That's because his hockey brain is pea sized and he has zero fundamentals. The guy got away with that for years because physically, he looks like a perfect defensemen and he had all the skills of an all star. But, nobody ever taught him how to play defense. He has no anticipation or instincts.

Last edited:

JoeMurphysSkates

Sponsor
Mar 18, 2015
Hate to pile on Tuba (ah no I don’t I love it) but his recent playoff horror show has most of us here forgetting that he nearly single handedly lost the Tampa series for us two years ago as well. Anyone else recall being up 2 games to none and 2-0 in game three when he decided to take one of his signature penalties?

Please, for the love of f***ing Christ, get this guy outta here. It needs to happen for so many reasons even beyond the fact that he sucks.
I haven't forgotten!!

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Trouba played bad in the playoffs. I get that. Just curious why so little talk about Chytil or KL's team leading minus 4 and minus 3? Trouba was a 0. Trouba also had 7 points in 16 games. I'm not defending Trouba's play in the playoffs but maybe you guys can spread some of your bashing around? The hate Trouba horse is already dead so you may have kicked it enough.

Reactions: eco's bones

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Trouba played bad in the playoffs. I get that. Just curious why so little talk about Chytil or KL's team leading minus 4 and minus 3? Trouba was a 0. Trouba also had 7 points in 16 games. I'm not defending Trouba's play in the playoffs but maybe you guys can spread some of your bashing around? The hate Trouba horse is already dead so you may have kicked it enough.
1718047755500.gif

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
So Trouba was our only problem and 100% all bashing should only be focused on Trouba? Noted. KK and Chytil weren't minus 4 and minus 3 with almost no points. It was 100% Trouba. Please keep kicking that dead horse.

The guy takes masochistic pleasure in Trouba to unhealthy levels.

• Haha
Reactions: NickyFotiu

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
So Trouba was our only problem and 100% all bashing should only be focused on Trouba? Noted. KK and Chytil weren't minus 4 and minus 3 with almost no points. It was 100% Trouba. Please keep kicking that dead horse.
it’s a thing for people to harp on…

It’s become a slogan…

Miller has been just as terrible with his decision making, and arguably cost more goals then Trouba in the playoffs…

Blown coverages/clearing attempts etc.
But there’s not threads where people drone on and on about it….

The guy was traded for because we had absolutely nothing at RD on the team and in the system at the time.

He was paid more because the contract extended thru his prime UFA years….

For as much as people bitch about Trouba and Lindgren, it should have been impossible for this team to win games and be competitive for the last couple years.
Trouba is on borrowed time… the FO knows it. Trouba prob knows it himself.
I’d be shocked if he finishes the 2 years here…
I’d wager he’s gone this offseason, or next at the latest.

The hate for Lindgren is even stranger…. Now there are hot takes that he was never a good D man..

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
it’s a thing for people to harp on…

It’s become a slogan…

Miller has been just as terrible with his decision making, and arguably cost more goals then Trouba in the playoffs…

Blown coverages/clearing attempts etc.
But there’s not threads where people drone on and on about it….

The guy was traded for because we had absolutely nothing at RD on the team and in the system at the time.

He was paid more because the contract extended thru his prime UFA years….

For as much as people bitch about Trouba and Lindgren, it should have been impossible for this team to win games and be competitive for the last couple years.
Trouba is on borrowed time… the FO knows it. Trouba prob knows it himself.
I’d be shocked if he finishes the 2 years here…
I’d wager he’s gone this offseason, or next at the latest.

The hate for Lindgren is even stranger…. Now there are hot takes that he was never a good D man..
Our defense looked so beat up in that Florida series that it is hard to know what we have. Every single Dman we have got bashed in that series. The only Dman that seems above the bashing is Jones probably because he did not play. The irony is our fans will bash all our Dmen. They will bash Mika, CK, Bread and others. Then they will also bash our coaches. It doesn't make much sense. The coaches that just coached all those horrible players to 2 games within the cup finals?
Now with that said I think Drury does see the need to make a more playoff ready team even if that means giving up some regular season points.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Trouba is such an interesting case.

Go back to when the deal happened:
Cap was supposed to go up
Fox wasn't a thing
Org was dying for a top rhd
Pp was dying for a big point shot bc it sucked

Overtime all those pieces have changed and worked against trouba. Wish his contract was 2m less, he was not good in the playoffs and lost it against the cats bc he was trying to show the physicality for the team and started running around (obvious mistakes).
If by "interesting" you mean "frustrating" then yea, it's super interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad