Jacob Trouba Elbow On Rodrigues (Fined 5,000 Dollars)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
That’s really been great for the Rangers this playoffs, especially in a 6-2 power play disadvantage game. The league loves helping us. Like they helped Boston against Florida. Get a clue.
Well, one thing the playoffs of last year and this year have shown is that the fans of O-6 teams definitely set the standard for whining about the refs.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
If you’ve learned the concept of Object Permanence it’s pretty obvious. Combine that with the reverse angle and it’s clear.
Tell this to the league, which tells you no goal when a goalie's glove is over the goal line but the puck isn't visible.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Trouba is the type of player that every fan would love to have on their team. A winning hockey player. I admire what he does for his team and how he plays hockey while acknowledging that if my Oilers play Rangers in the finals I will likely hate his guts. But that just means he's doing his job right... hockey is buttersoft today and players like Trouba are very much welcome to keep the sport violent as it should be.

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
Trouba is the type of player that every fan would love to have on their team. A winning hockey player. I admire what he does for his team and how he plays hockey while acknowledging that if my Oilers play Rangers in the finals I will likely hate his guts. But that just means he's doing his job right... hockey is buttersoft today and players like Trouba are very much welcome to keep the sport violent as it should be.
A "winning" hockey player?

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Uhm, I don't know about this. Like a lot of NYR fans, I wouldn't mind if he got suspended.

His play is questionable much of the time. He seems to drag down K'Andre Miller when they are together. And, yes, strength & toughness is good. But he does unnecessary stuff.

Reactions: gump116 and Rsswmu

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Rangers fan here. Not going to justify Trouba. He has the hands and feet of a dinosaur now and this is the result.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Well, one thing the playoffs of last year and this year have shown is that the fans of O-6 teams definitely set the standard for whining about the refs.
Haha. Florida fans don’t have to whine. They have gotten away with everything. Moreso in the Boston series. That was crazy. I hate Boston so I don’t say that out of bias.

Reactions: swiftwin

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
Please just stop. This is looney toons
Calling someone out for a conspiracy that the league is making calls to help the Rangers win is looney toons? Refs are crap and the losing team in any close game can point to them. I do not think Florida is getting away with any extra calls compared to other teams. I also do not believe the Rangers are.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
oh my god the horror!! ban him!

the tears in here are incredible. I hope you Panthers fans were crying about Bennetts punch last round too
Perhaps scroll through again, this time pay attention to who are actually posting the most in here. Hint; the majority are not Panthers fans....

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
It's unreal how often this guy elbows players in the head. Usually he's not this blatant about it though, it's virtually impossible to defend this one.

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
As a Rangers fan any other team can have him.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
If we want to get technical, Trouba didn't hit Rodrigues' head either (if he did, he wouldn't have returned 2 seconds later.)

The elbow was bad and worthy of the 2 (and would have been worthy of the 5+ suspension had he actually made head contact.) Rodrigues' sell job was pathetic.
upon looking at it several more time I'm inclined to agree with that.

But Trouba is still the scumbag we all know him to be. He tried, he missed the bullseye 🎯 just not by much.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Calling someone out for a conspiracy that the league is making calls to help the Rangers win is looney toons? Refs are crap and the losing team in any close game can point to them. I do not think Florida is getting away with any extra calls compared to other teams. I also do not believe the Rangers are.
I realize you were calling out the conspiracy theory that the Rangers are getting help, it was more of a general reply, and not solely aimed at you.

But, “The losing team can point at the refs in any close game” is looney toons. The characteristic of a losing team.

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
upon looking at it several more time I'm inclined to agree with that.

But Trouba is still the scumbag we all know him to be. He tried, he missed the bullseye 🎯 just not by much.
As a Rangers fan I agree 100%. Not sure there was head contact made but was definitely the target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad