Proposal: Jack Eichel to Anaheim 4 Fair Value

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
There is article Kings have deal in place for Eichel. A first round pick and 3 players.
Any Eichel deal requires Zegres, Drysadle, or mcravish
McTavish I could actually understand because we are getting a center back. But there is about 5% chance that happening lol.

I was thinking there was a good chance before the draft for us to include the #3 overall, but I think its not very likely we are dangling McTavish around

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I don't know how any proposal for Eichel could not include one of Zegras/Mactavish, a good roster player and an unprotected 1st. This is one of the best young centers in the NHL that is a proven PPG player. I think any team trading for him should wait until after his surgery but at least 1 top prospect needs to be included.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
McTavish I could actually understand because we are getting a center back. But there is about 5% chance that happening lol.

I was thinking there was a good chance before the draft for us to include the #3 overall, but I think its not very likely we are dangling McTavish around

This doesn't make sense. If they refuse to trade McTavish then they would've refused to trade the 3rd too (and they did). It's not like he fell unexpectedly to 3rd.

Suddenly when there is a name instead of a number to a draft pick he becomes untouchable to fans.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I don't know how any proposal for Eichel could not include one of Zegras/Mactavish, a good roster player and an unprotected 1st. This is one of the best young centers in the NHL that is a proven PPG player. I think any team trading for him should wait until after his surgery but at least 1 top prospect needs to be included.

If Adams received an offer of Zegras, an unprotected ANA 1st, and a good roster player, Eichel would've been in Anaheim weeks ago and Sabres' fans are popping champagne.

It's tough to know exactly what's going on behind the scenes here, but I think it's safe to infer that no teams are offering Buffalo prospects of Zegras' calibre alongside 1sts and assets. You've got to believe that Adams would prefer to clean his hands of the Eichel situation before training camp, and the fact that he hasn't dealt the player indicates that he's not loving the offers so far.

We'll see how things play out, but if I were betting on the return I'd wager that Buffalo doesn't get a prospect of Zegras or Drysdale's calibre back for Eichel at this point.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
If Adams received an offer of Zegras, an unprotected ANA 1st, and a good roster player, Eichel would've been in Anaheim weeks ago and Sabres' fans are popping champagne.

It's tough to know exactly what's going on behind the scenes here, but I think it's safe to infer that no teams are offering Buffalo prospects of Zegras' calibre alongside 1sts and assets. You've got to believe that Adams would prefer to clean his hands of the Eichel situation before training camp, and the fact that he hasn't dealt the player indicates that he's not loving the offers so far.

We'll see how things play out, but if I were betting on the return I'd wager that Buffalo doesn't get a prospect of Zegras or Drysdale's calibre back for Eichel at this point.

Right now there's zero chance a high end prospect+ gets traded for Eichel until his injury is taken care of. The best time to trade him is at next years draft. He'll have his surgery and some games near the end of the season plus is NTC won't kick in until July 1st (I think.)

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Right now there's zero chance a high end prospect+ gets traded for Eichel until his injury is taken care of. The best time to trade him is at next years draft. He'll have his surgery and some games near the end of the season plus is NTC won't kick in until July 1st (I think.)
agree.. not sure why someone would trade for him right now. doesn't make sense

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC

I definitely agree with the first point.

The second point sounds great, but we still don't have any resolution on this surgery issue. I'm not sure I see Eichel budging on the surgery issue and playing for the Sabres to boost his trade value. I expect him to continue to play hardball, and justifiably so honestly.

Last edited:

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
:sabres

F, Mason McTavish
F, Richard Rakell
D, Jackson Lacombe/Henry Thru
F, Brayden Tracey/Sam Colangelo
G, Lukas Dostal
2022 1st top 3 protected

:ducks

F, Jack Eichel

As the 3rd OA pick, Mason MacTavish is worth two firsts in any Eichel scenario. What an overpay by Anaheim here.
McTavish, Tracey, protected 1st is in the right ballpark for the hypothetical "four 1sts" ask from the Sabres. If you're negotiating from there, maaaaybe you squeeze an extra 3rd from Anaheim but it's the right value of the ask. I'm sure Sabre fans take their ball and go home over that package though.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
If Anaheim gets Eichel then those 1st rounders become essentially 2nd rounders so no I'm not being ridiculous
draft picks without locked in slots are traded as they are. Obviously a Tampa Bay 1st has less value than an Anaheim 1st but Eichel will be out for half the season so your statement is pure hyperbole. Anaheim isn't a magic Jack Eichel away from Division champs. That first is still going to be a top 14 pick. That's why at the TDL, draft picks have more tangible value since teams have a general sense of where they will land. Ottawa trading their 2019 1st in November of 2017 is a classic example of "this is the current value of a 1st" blowing up in their face down the road. Obviously if they knew that first was going to be the 4th OA (Bowen Byram) they would have valued that asset a bit more but when you trade 1sts this far out, that is the risk you have to take.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
If Anaheim gets Eichel then those 1st rounders become essentially 2nd rounders so no I'm not being ridiculous

So Ducks trade Lindholm,Steel,Jones and Dostal plus first rounders in 2022,2023,2024 and 2025 for Eichel = Ducks being a Stanley Cup contender :shakehead

Eichel hasn't stopped the Sabres from sucking he wouldn't be the Ducks savior especially after that kind of trade. Lindholm is very important to the Ducks blueline easily being our best defenseman defensively without him the team sinks as we have seen.

Eichel needs surgery (he wants one his team doesn't want and could be the same situation for the Ducks) and will be missing time this coming season so that 2022 1st would have much better odds being a lottery pick then a very late 1st. The other 1st round picks who knows what happens but I wouldn't bet on them being very late 1st round picks with Eichel as part of the team.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
As the 3rd OA pick, Mason MacTavish is worth two firsts in any Eichel scenario. What an overpay by Anaheim here.
McTavish, Tracey, protected 1st is in the right ballpark for the hypothetical "four 1sts" ask from the Sabres. If you're negotiating from there, maaaaybe you squeeze an extra 3rd from Anaheim but it's the right value of the ask. I'm sure Sabre fans take their ball and go home over that package though.

In no way, shape, or form has McTavish become equivalent to 2 1sts. That’s just ludicrous, Ludacris, AND Lutikriss. Even extreme homer Ducks fans wouldn’t agree with you.

For a reference you won’t get there, this is Lutikriss:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
In no way, shape, or form has McTavish become equivalent to 2 1sts. That’s just ludicrous, Ludacris, AND Lutikriss. Even extreme homer Ducks fans wouldn’t agree with you.

Mctavish + 1st w/ protection + couple smaller pieces is prob the highest possible offer from Anaheim perspective.

And for what it’s worth I’d take mctavish over 2 Vegas 1sts, avs 1sts etc

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Mctavish + 1st w/ protection + couple smaller pieces is prob the highest possible offer from Anaheim perspective.

And for what it’s worth I’d take mctavish over 2 Vegas 1sts, avs 1sts etc

So would I, but only because I don’t trust the 4 scouts the Sabres have. Try this statement again in two years when they’ve (hopefully) added more.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
Fair Value from Anaheim? Well lets start with S Steel,H Lindholm,M Jones and L Dostal and first rounders in 2022,2023,2024 and 2025

I truly & sincerely hope that this is the real ask from Buffalo. Really.

Because if this is what they're holding out for, that gives Bob a good belly laugh & a chance to hang up the phone & this ridiculous "Anaheim really needs Eichel" nonsense can be put to bed once and for all.

The Ducks suck at the moment. Adding one, we can even assume that he comes back 100% if it makes you feel better (he probably won't, but we can say he does), elite player isn't going to change the outlook 'that' much, especially, and this is real important here, especially if you gut the team of all the young, really good players/prospects now and moving forward a few years. If you do that you aren't going to be competitive for another 4+ years...right about the time that Eichel's contract is up. So congrats, you just paid $50 million dollars to suck for another 5 years.

I swear, this whole 'Eichel's getting traded to the Ducks' idiocy had to have been started by a Buffalo fan who looked at all the teams, saw the Ducks had both the cap space & a few really good young players/prospects and ran with it. It doesn't matter that the team really has no use for him right now (and again we can assume 100% healthy), it's now 'you got what we want so we're going to push this and push this until you're so confused/fed up that you actually think that it's the right thing to do...'

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Pitter Patter

May 20, 2020

If you have to explain the reference was it worth making?

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
There is article Kings have deal in place for Eichel. A first round pick and 3 players.
Really...Attach a link to that article. They just signed Danault to 5.5 for 6, have only $2.7M in cap space. The only players that would allow them to add $10M in cap space have M-NMC, or straight NMC. Those with a modified can only be traded to 7 teams, doubtful Buffalo is making the cut. I seriously doubt the validity of the "article".

Reactions: kinghock

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
I’d they are bringing eichel in then vilardi/turcotte don’t seem as necessary , so I agree

I’d say

Vilardi/turcotte
Kupari/kaliyev
1st
Another prospect
+ 2 players to get cap to work
What two players are going to get the Kings to afford $10M? Seriously, not going to happen. The Kings moved on from Eichel back in June.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad