Proposal: Jack Eichel to Anaheim 4 Fair Value

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Eichel heavily injury prone. No way i would offer that much. Especially a high pick in this draft
I would but the pick would have to be protected

not giving up a top 3 pick in this draft + bunch of other assets

buffalo fans that think eichel is worth a top 3 pick + more assets are silly

Reactions: duckpuck and Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
:sabres

F, Mason McTavish
F, Richard Rakell
D, Jackson Lacombe/Henry Thru
F, Brayden Tracey/Sam Colangelo
G, Lukas Dostal
2022 1st top 3 protected

:ducks

F, Jack Eichel
Anaheim was the second worst team last year.
If they have to give up their future 2C, 1G, next years furst rounder, future #4-5 defenceman + one if their top scorers to get injury-concerned, 10M Eichel is unrealistic.
There is no one player who can get a bad team into the playoffs. There is 0 sense for Anaheim to do this.

Your best bet is get a trade with some top end team who is ready to risk assets for a player who can get them over the top.

Anaheim pays a super low price or easilly passes. Some fans still strugle to realise this.
And this is nothing against Eichel, he is absolutely a top player, but injury concerns, contract, and the fact he (as any player, even McDavid and Crosby) needs a supporting cast to make some damage, makes it complicated.

Thank you for attending my TED talk

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
How is the offer weak ?

let’s dissect the offer :
Mason McTavish - recent 3OA pick. Many believe to have #1C upside.
2022 1st top 3 protected : deep draft and ducks likely pick high, if too high , Sabres get a chance at Michkov/ Bedard & Ducks get Wright / Savoie : Lambert
Rickard Rakell - 3.8 mil cap hit for 1 more year . Can trade for a 1st + prospect @ deadline
jackson Lacombe - looking like a potential top 4 dman and a high 2nd round pick. Goes to the same school as recent 1st round Sabre Ryan Johnson
Brayden Tracey - former 1st round pick who projects as a top 9 goal scorer
Lukas Dostal - looking like a future 1G

can’t see Buffalo receiving more

Agreed. How often does a star player net 3x 1st's (picks or 1st round drafted prospects), a top-6 player and two more promising kids? If Jack proves himself healthy and still wants out of Buffalo, I'm sure he could get two 1st's, a couple roster regulars and maybe a blue-chipper or two. At $10 million and with many games missed, plus him wanting out, Buffalo lacks leverage. Either they hold onto him and let his stock rise despite him being disgruntled, or they sell low and rid of their headache while recouping some value.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Can you be more specific when you say "a few years" because the last guy who said "a few" really meant "two years"?

"A few years ago" the Ducks were still a perennial playoff team. It's only been the past two seasons where Gibson failed to carry them on his shoulders. As I pointed out, he started both seasons standing on his head, then faded as the season went to waste. Not sure you're argument holds any weight because anyone following the Ducks can tell that they have become increasingly bad for 2+ seasons and were never this terrible previously in Gibson's tenure. From 2017-18 on they have faded from a playoff team, to bottom ten, bottom five and now bottom two this past season.
Three years ago when the Ducks began their fall.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
If they have to give up their future 2C, 1G, next years furst rounder, future #4-5 defenceman + one if their top scorers to get injury-concerned, 10M Eichel is unrealistic.
There is no one player who can get a bad team into the playoffs. There is 0 sense for Anaheim to do this.

Your best bet is get a trade with some top end team who is ready to risk assets for a player who can get them over the top.

Anaheim pays a super low price or easilly passes. Some fans still strugle to realise this.
And this is nothing against Eichel, he is absolutely a top player, but injury concerns, contract, and the fact he (as any player, even McDavid and Crosby) needs a supporting cast to make some damage, makes it complicated.

You're right. Anaheim shouldn't trade all that. All it would take is one player, Zegras. :sarcasm:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Would make sense…. Kings can spare assets…. And I assume byfield/Clarke stay kings in said trade
They also added pinelli this year to their stable of center prospects. Many thought he was worthy of a first rd selection.
Obviously Byfield is a no go, and for good reason. But maybe 1 of Villardi /Turcotte go as the headliner along with Thomas/Madden and a pick?? I have no clue.
But odds are if Buff/LA make a deal, it’s going to Have 1-2 Center prospects going back to Buffalo

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Not a fair package. If the 1st was a guaranteed top 10 pick. like in the 4 - 7 range maybe... then i'd say fair value. But that package and having the 1st protected? wow. give your head a shake

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
They also added pinelli this year to their stable of center prospects. Many thought he was worthy of a first rd selection.
Obviously Byfield is a no go, and for good reason. But maybe 1 of Villardi /Turcotte go as the headliner along with Thomas/Madden and a pick?? I have no clue.
But odds are if Buff/LA make a deal, it’s going to Have 1-2 Center prospects going back to Buffalo
I’d they are bringing eichel in then vilardi/turcotte don’t seem as necessary , so I agree

I’d say

Vilardi/turcotte
Kupari/kaliyev
1st
Another prospect
+ 2 players to get cap to work

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not a fair package. If the 1st was a guaranteed top 10 pick. like in the 4 - 7 range maybe... then i'd say fair value. But that package and having the 1st protected? wow. give your head a shake
Seems like a bad post by you

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I’d they are bringing eichel in then vilardi/turcotte don’t seem as necessary , so I agree

I’d say

Vilardi/turcotte
Kupari/kaliyev
1st
Another prospect
+ 2 players to get cap to work
Legitimately, this is what I asked for from the kings 3 months ago. I'd have been happy with it then and I'm happy with it now. It's not a win for the Sabres, but not a loss either. Kings take on all the risk of eichels health, Sabres take on all the prospect risk.
That said, eklund is full of shit.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Fair Value from Anaheim? Well lets start with S Steel,H Lindholm,M Jones and L Dostal and first rounders in 2022,2023,2024 and 2025

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Legitimately, this is what I asked for from the kings 3 months ago. I'd have been happy with it then and I'm happy with it now. It's not a win for the Sabres, but not a loss either. Kings take on all the risk of eichels health, Sabres take on all the prospect risk.
That said, eklund is full of shit.
I think it’s reasonable, la leans towards vilardi + kupari, where Buffalo leans turcotte kaliyev

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
LOL put a poll up. with both packages and mine will win as being more fair.... and you can then have some external 3rd party confirmation of your lack of intelligence
The thing I quoted didn’t have an offer in it so idk what your talking about

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Any Eichel deal requires Zegres, Drysadle, or mcravish

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
PLEASE trade Eichel to anyone but the Habs.

The day he gets traded is the day I get sounder sleep....well, not really but I can't emphasize enough how I don't want that super high risk on the Habs.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
PLEASE trade Eichel to anyone but the Habs.

The day he gets traded is the day I get sounder sleep....well, not really but I can't emphasize enough how I don't want that super high risk on the Habs.
I wouldn't be losing any sleep if you are a Habs fan. Your team isn't trading Suzuki and is very unlikely to move Caufield and without one of them your team has zero chance to get Eichel. It's also been reported that Adams is looking to move Eichel out of the division.
As for the whole Eklund rumor of Eichel to LA it just sounds like him throwing more feces against the wall to see if something sticks.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I wouldn't be losing any sleep if you are a Habs fan. Your team isn't trading Suzuki and is very unlikely to move Caufield and without one of them your team has zero chance to get Eichel. It's also been reported that Adams is looking to move Eichel out of the division.
As for the whole Eklund rumor of Eichel to LA it just sounds like him throwing more feces against the wall to see if something sticks.

That's why I don't want to lose Bbinz because I know and his history is that after his first mistake (Drouin) he does not trade/risk high quality prospects.

It's not that I don't like Eichel, but the risk he represents can set the team back another 5 years.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

For healthy, playing well Eichel that might be realistic. For disgruntled, broken Eichel who's publicly stated he wants out while also insisting on experimental surgery? wow. give your head a shake

Reactions: Kalv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad