Speculation: Jack Eichel thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
What I've heard, from someone who's been right in the past, as well as someone else who's talked about it online:

Buffalo's ask is:
2022 First round Pick, 2022 Second Round Pick, Sean Monahan, Connor Zary & one of Dillon Dube or Andrew Mangiapane.

Calgary is likely, though just speculation trying:
2022 First round (protected), 2022 Second round Pick, Sean Monahan, Connor Zary/Jakob Pelletier and one of Juuso Valimaki or Oliver Kylington.

Not that terribly far apart, especially considering how Adams has publicly admitted that there will most likely need to be a conditional aspect to the deal.

I can see how that secondary prospect is holding things up though -- we've got good left handed defense prospects coming out our ears (Dahlin, Power, Samuelsson, Johnson) and don't really need another one. There's gotta be some sort of middle ground between Dube/Mangiapane and excess LHD.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

JurassicTunga

Mar 21, 2010
So the teams involved at this point are Calgary, Vegas, and Anaheim it seems?

Apparently Friedman on the radio on 590 today said says the Flames are the closest or that he heard the Flames the most in and around these Eichel talks lately.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Doesn’t Monahan have a NMC? Is he dying to get off Calgary so bad he’d accept a trade to Buffalo?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Doesn’t Monahan have a NMC? Is he dying to get off Calgary so bad he’d accept a trade to Buffalo?
There's that and the fact he has no value right now. I'm not sure why he's being included in the speculated offers. I guess for salary cap reasons to balance the equation...

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
A three-way deal would seem logical. Monahan would go to the third team, and we would get a cap dump + pick + prospect maybe.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Not that terribly far apart, especially considering how Adams has publicly admitted that there will most likely need to be a conditional aspect to the deal.

I can see how that secondary prospect is holding things up though -- we've got good left handed defense prospects coming out our ears (Dahlin, Power, Samuelsson, Johnson) and don't really need another one. There's gotta be some sort of middle ground between Dube/Mangiapane and excess LHD.
I wouldn't mind Andersson on the right side. Not sure how Flames fans value him relative to Hanifin/Valimaki though.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
I'd quite easily do something like

2022 1st (protected) + 2022 2nd + Monahan + Pelletier/Zary + Dube

If the Sabres took Pelletier instead of Zary, I'd even throw in Valimaki or a 2023 1st. This is very close; time to get it done.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
"Buffalo's ask is:
2022 First round Pick, 2022 Second Round Pick, Sean Monahan, Connor Zary & one of Dillon Dube or Andrew Mangiapane.

2022 First round (protected), 2022 Second round Pick, Sean Monahan, Connor Zary/Jakob Pelletier and one of Juuso Valimaki or Oliver Kylington"

Frankly Buffalo is absolutely stupid for saying no to what Calgary is offering. Monahan, Pelletier/Zary, Valimaki, a lottery protected 1st and a 2nd for Eichel is a really damn solid haul for them. Insisting on being greedy despite how long this shitshow has gone is a really bad look for them.

But I also still think Monahan has some value right now, if that's not the case, I don't think it's as good as what I was initially thinking.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
"Buffalo's ask is:

2022 First round (protected), 2022 Second round Pick, Sean Monahan, Connor Zary/Jakob Pelletier and one of Juuso Valimaki or Oliver Kylington"

Frankly Buffalo is absolutely stupid for saying no to what Calgary is offering. Monahan, Pelletier/Zary, Valimaki, a lottery protected 1st and a 2nd for Eichel is a really damn solid haul for them. Insisting on being greedy despite how long this shitshow has gone is a really bad look for them.

But I also still think Monahan has some value right now, if that's not the case, I don't think it's as good as what I was initially thinking.
It's not the case

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Friedman thinks a grievance may be coming: Jack Eichel could file grievance if situation with Sabres isn't resolved

However, MOU states medical grievances have to be filled within 60 days:

Exhibit XX PROCEDURES GOVERNING STANDARD OF CARE COMPLAINTS
1. The Complaint and Answer
a. A Complaint may be initiated by the NHLPA on behalf of a Player regarding a violation of the standard of care as set out in CBA Subsections 34.1 (a) and (b) (hereinafter “standard of care”) by filing a written Complaint as described herein.
b. The Complaint must be served within sixty (60) days from the date of the incident or event upon which the Complaint is based, or within sixty (60) days from the date on which the facts of the matter became known or reasonably should have been known to the Player, whichever is later.

Unless something new came to light on the medical front within the last 60 days. grievance boat may have sailed. Unless a grievance is filled on other than medical grounds?

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
"Buffalo's ask is:

I'd take either of those offers. Take the 2022 1st, 2nd, Monahan, Zary, and Valimaki, and call it a day.

Zary slots really well as a center in the Sabres rebuild. Valimaki could be a horse on the left side, which allows Dahlin to move to his more natural right side (despite being a lefty). Flip Monahan at the deadline. That's a good deal.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Friedman thinks a grievance may be coming: Jack Eichel could file grievance if situation with Sabres isn't resolved

However, MOU states medical grievances have to be filled within 60 days:

Unless something new came to light on the medical front within the last 60 days. grievance boat may have sailed. Unless a grievance is filled on other than medical grounds?
Probably within 60 days of him failing his camp physical. You can't use the vague summer months where the Sabres were trying rest and rehab and who knows what was being said between them

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Probably within 60 days of him failing his camp physical. You can't use the vague summer months where the Sabres were trying rest and rehab and who knows what was being said between them

Good point. Counter should start there.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
I'd take either of those offers. Take the 2022 1st, 2nd, Monahan, Zary, and Valimaki, and call it a day.

Zary slots really well as a center in the Sabres rebuild. Valimaki could be a horse on the left side, which allows Dahlin to move to his more natural right side (despite being a lefty). Flip Monahan at the deadline. That's a good deal.

Its almost an over payment, which is what they are looking for. Sad that 2 years ago Monahan's value was high enough that him alone with the 1st and 2nd could have done it.

That being sad, they cant be the bridesmaid and not the bride on this opportunity. They've been rumored in almost every big name player in the last 5 years, so its not like theyre not looking to dance.

Now Trelivings job is likely riding on it.

Pull the damn trigger.

Reactions: flamesforcup

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

I understand that it is your dream for Daрlin to play on the right side, but maybe he doesn't want or Granato doesn't want it. LD is the last position we need. Bryson and Samuelsson should play in the squad. Power is coming next year.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I understand that it is your dream for Daрlin to play on the right side, but maybe he doesn't want or Granato doesn't want it. LD is the last position we need. Bryson and Samuelsson should play in the squad. Power is coming next year.
He has openly said he loves playing his off side. He played it in Frolunda in his draft year. Based on our pipeline with Power/Samuelsson/Johnson, it actually makes total sense for Dahlin to switch to the right.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

That would make sense if he were disputing whether he should be cleared to play, but he's not. The only thing that makes sense, other than when the injury occurred, is when the parties agreed that Eichel needed surgery (Jack was already opinion shopping for ADR before he even started rest and rehab, but it's not super clear when the Sabres doctors decided that surgery was necessary).

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
He has openly said he loves playing his off side. He played it in Frolunda in his draft year. Based on our pipeline with Power/Samuelsson/Johnson, it actually makes total sense for Dahlin to switch to the right.
I know about this, but even now he does not always play on the right sided with Butcher, what is the reason? In any case, I would also agree to such a deal, but if Adams can get a young forward out of the roster, it would be better I think.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
That would make sense if he were disputing whether he should be cleared to play, but he's not. The only thing that makes sense, other than when the injury occurred, is when the parties agreed that Eichel needed surgery (Jack was already opinion shopping for ADR before he even started rest and rehab, but it's not super clear when the Sabres doctors decided that surgery was necessary).
In his press conference at the beginning of camp, Adams said they had wanted to use time as a therapy, and now had clarity that surgery was an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad