Speculation: Jack Eichel thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Eichel’s not getting traded until the Pegulas deem that his punishment is up for being insubordinate. He isn’t being moved until they remind him of the hierarchy and his place. I give it another year to prove their point.

Reactions: TheHudlinator

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
If Calgary gets Jack, I hope they destroy VGK and ANA for the next decade, for not having the courage to give up a prospect that a healthy Jack would require 2-3 of.

How are these teams even in the same catagory?

Vegas is trying to win now and need a #1 center. Makes sense on paper to deal futures for him.
Anaheim is in a rebuild. How does it make sense to trade Zegras/Drysdale + Comtois + another high 1st?

I would rather continue the rebuild then be Buffalo West and suck until he leaves in FA.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Look at the wording though, "sixty (60) days from the date of the incident or event upon which the Complaint is based,"

Eichel's camp will argue the complaint is based on the date of the physical, but it seems it would be easy for the Sabres to just say it is based on the 'date of the incident'. That seems like a legit legal counter-argument to me.
The incident would be the part when the team acted against the CBA(as claimed by Eichel), not the date of injury.

Reactions: mouser

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If Calgary gets Jack, I hope they destroy VGK and ANA for the next decade, for not having the courage to give up a prospect that a healthy Jack would require 2-3 of.

So your mad cause anaheim wont trade Zegras or drysdale + our high 1st +(+)for Eichel? And you think because Flames would give up zary + their 1st, its in some weird way comparable to the ducks package?

Prob a significant amount of space between the 2 teams 1st round picks, and drysdale/zegras are higher rated prospects than Zary/pelletier... hell pretty sure mctavish is seen as a better prospect than either.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
The incident would be the part when the team acted against the CBA(as claimed by Eichel), not the date of injury.
If his grievance is the disagreement over which surgery to have, and his refusal/disagreement to have the teams recommended treatment, then it's way past 60 days. To me it seems his camp is once again just doing something to create a stir, hoping the Sabres/NHL will do something to avoid more bad press.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Eichel’s not getting traded until the Pegulas deem that his punishment is up for being insubordinate. He isn’t being moved until they remind him of the hierarchy and his place. I give it another year to prove their point.

Yawn. This narrative is f***ing tired. The Sabres doctors do not think ADR is the safest/best course of treatment for Eichel. Eichel has been convinced otherwise. Figuring out where to go from there in a way that makes anyone happy is hard.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I would imagine that Eichel wouldn't want to be traded to the Leafs, and that's valid. I'm not sure why he would want to leave one dumpster fire, only to join another one just 1.5 hours away.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
It's Eichel's body, and it's not like neck injuries are contagious.

Sabres shouldn't have a say.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I thought i saw that ADR would be a 2 month-ish recovery give or take. the one the sabres want him to get would leave him out for 6 months

Give or take a month and that is for when he can expect to be able to train normally. He won't be back this year.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The organization that gave him $80 million for 8 years shouldn't have any say on medical decisions?

That's right.

He's giving them elite hockey for that money. They shouldn't have any say in his health decisions.

You do understand that there's a CBA right?

I understand it's in the CBA.

That doesn't make it right.

Society progresses, and situations like Eichel's right now highlight the need for change. If you don't have autonomy over your own health decisions - when that choice doesn't threaten anyone else's health - what do you really have?

Reactions: HarrySPlinkett

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
That's right.

He's giving them elite hockey for that money. They shouldn't have any say in his health decisions.

I understand it's in the CBA.

That doesn't make it right.

Society progresses, and situations like Eichel's right now highlight the need for change. If you don't have autonomy over your own health decisions - when that choice doesn't threaten anyone else's health - what do you really have?
Doesn't matter. The players agreed on it period. All of these arguments mean nothing until they can get a new CBA.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Doesn't matter. The players agreed on it period. All of these arguments mean nothing until they can get a new CBA.

It does matter.

Eichel takes issue with it and his absence is calling attention to it. It will be an issue moving forward - and you can be sure it'll be a big point of contention in the new CBA - because Eichel isn't acquiescing.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I thought i saw that ADR would be a 2 month-ish recovery give or take. the one the sabres want him to get would leave him out for 6 months

I think the 2 month estimates for ADR are based on non athletes in occupations without the level of physical activity and risk of injury that NHL players would have.

I’ve seen some discussions that it wouldn’t be surprising if the ADR recovery time before being cleared to play is similar to the spinal fusion surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad