News: Jack Eichel not happy in Buffalo [JACK EICHEL MEGATHREAD] Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
How about a nice 3-way with the Sabres, Caps, and Habs/Rangers?

Eichel to Washington
Kuznetsov to Montreal/New York
McMichael and a 1st or Lapierre, Alexeyev. and a 1st + return for Kuznetsov to Buffalo?

Kind of like the Duchene deal on steroids...

Edit: call it McMichael, Alexeyev and a 1st :laugh:

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
How about a nice 3-way with the Sabres, Caps, and Habs/Rangers?

Eichel to Washington
Kuznetsov to Montreal/New York
McMichael and a 1st or Lapierre, Alexeyev. and a 1st + return for Kuznetsov to Buffalo?

Kind of like the Duchene deal on steroids...

Lets add a party animal with discipline problems to a team full of impressionable kids. What could possibly go wrong?

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
Sign Taylor hall. Nobody expected him to score 2 goals.
Eichel also only had two goals and was on pace for 8 in an 82 game season. Stop trying to deflect the blame on the management. Have they been good? no. But they address a need and your two top guys combine for four goals is not the managements fault.
Signing skinner and okposo to bad contracts is one thing. But don’t act like there weren’t numerous other teams willing to put money out there to sign those guys and that most fans weren’t happy with the signings.
They spent money and those guys failed.
Everyone is to blame. Including 2 goal jack.
You do realise he was broken everywhere How he even played through all those injuries I don't even know And still got 17 points

Reactions: Guttersniped

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
a guy at work (Habs fan) suggested that Ottawa should offer the following for Jack Eichel!?!
It seems like a lot to give but we already have a shitload of prospects and Eichel would be what we're looking for the most

I doubt that BUF touches that

Colin White (C/24)
Erik Brännström (LHD/21)
Olle Alsing (LHD/25)
Vitaly Abramov (LW/23)
Joey Daccord (GL/24)
2021-1st (OTT)
2021-2nd (SJS)
2022-2nd (OTT)

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
What level of high 1sts do you want? 7th to 13th OA is too low? What kind of top prospect are you expecting? Top 10 prospect in the QMJL or top 5 prospect in the WHL are subpar? You arent going to get a Byfield or Seider or Lafreniere. The teams calling are the ones that want to be rebounding back into the hunt next year, not the ones eyeing Shane Wright.
Yes a 7th-13th overall shouldn't be a centerpiece in a deal for a player as young and talented as Eichel. You'll be lucky to get a top 6 forward out of a pick like that especially in a weak draft. Zary and Pelletier are guys I like as prospects. Pelletier in particular, but these aren't blue chip prospects. Every team in the league has prospects like them. I have no idea if Byfield, Seider or Lafreniere would be made available and neither do you, but yeah I'd shoot for prospects like that. If that doesn't work out I think there's at least another tier of prospects like Turcotte, Krebs, Jarvis, Lundell, etc you could easily attain before you get down to guys like Zary or Pelletier. Your prospects aren't as good as what other teams could offer. If your offer is centered around Monahan and lesser prospects you won't have the high bid.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
you do realize there will be about 4 weeks from cup final and new year starts where they can trade him without any sort of trade blocking can occur.

teams have more cap room then.
Again, so you let him sulk and ruin his trade value and dressing room more? Because as we've seen in these situations, never ends well when you force the player to play

Reactions: b in vancouver

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
How on earth do sabers fans think they are getting what he was worth before his injury and before asking for a trade?
If you are giving up the best player, usually you get back more total value. That's the deal.

I'd think there are enough interested teams that any low ball offer based on the factors you say would be out-bid. This isnt some middling player

Also I assume any NTC he has is not yet active

Ledge And Dairy

Yes a 7th-13th overall shouldn't be a centerpiece in a deal for a player as young and talented as Eichel. You'll be lucky to get a top 6 forward out of a pick like that especially in a weak draft. Zary and Pelletier are guys I like as prospects. Pelletier in particular, but these aren't blue chip prospects. Every team in the league has prospects like them. I have no idea if Byfield, Seider or Lafreniere would be made available and neither do you, but yeah I'd shoot for prospects like that. If that doesn't work out I think there's at least another tier of prospects like Turcotte, Krebs, Jarvis, Lundell, etc you could easily attain before you get down to guys like Zary or Pelletier. Your prospects aren't as good as what other teams could offer. If your offer is centered around Monahan and lesser prospects you won't have the high bid.
Dont see LA as buyers, they are probably not in on Eichel. Krebs would probably be a nice target but it would take a miracle for Vegas to find that cap space 2 years in a row (and it wont be from Fleury since he's definitely not waiving to Buffalo). Carolina has to sign Svechnikov this summer as well as resign Dougie. As great as adding Eichel is, they probably value extending those 2 players more. So no idea where they get the cap space from, Nino? I guess Trocheck vould work but thats basically the same as your point about Monahan. Similar situation with Florida and they seem pretty damn happy with their current 1-2 punch. I guess you could look at McMichael but anothet cap issue occurs amd would bank almost entirely on Kuzy waiving (another Monahan like player).

Tell me this, does Morrow/Pastujov + Jarvis really sound that much more appealing than Zary + McTavish/Lysell?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Well first off he hasn't asked for a trade that we know of. Now maybe that's the next logical step given how everything has progressed I don't think it would surprise anyone if it does. That said Jacob Trouba asked to be traded for years, he wasn't and he continued playing very well for Winnipeg. Why didnt he just take his stick and go home? Was he toxic in that locker room? Buffalo has the ability to slow play this if the offers aren't sufficent enough. You don't just take a bag of crap for a franchise player and say we'll get'em next time. Typically NMC kick in during the summer, which would give Buffalo over a year until they "have" to do anything. At which point Eichel will hopefully have demonstrated he's healthy and productive and teams will be one more year removed from the hardships associated with Covid. It isn't hard to imagine the market increasing for him one year from now.
Trouba asked foe a trade because he didnt like the city, thats not the same

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
If you are giving up the best player, usually you get back more total value. That's the deal.

I'd think there are enough interested teams that any low ball offer based on the factors you say would be out-bid. This isnt some middling player

Also I assume any NTC he has is not yet active
Correct, he has a full NMC starting in the 22/23 season.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Again, so you let him sulk and ruin his trade value and dressing room more? Because as we've seen in these situations, never ends well when you force the player to play
Sulk and ruin his trade value and the dressing room? Seriously where do people come up with this stuff? Did Duchene ruin his locker room? Trouba? O'Reilly? If Eichel comes to you and says he wants out you do what you can to facilitate that, you don't take the 1st pile of garbage that comes along. If it's necessary to go into next season, explain the situation to Eichel. I'd be willing to bet he acts like a 25 year old man and not a 12 year old who's had his xbox taken away, but hey I could be wrong.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Habs offer everything but Suzuki

(Eichel >> Suzuki obviously, it's just that we need him no matter what)

A cap dump will have to go the other way too probably

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Lol no it's not really any different. It just doesn't fit your agenda. The player asked out, the team fielded offers didn't like them and kept the player. Simple as that.
I don't like the city
Vs
Im sick and tired of losing, we're going to keep losing for years, and now I hate management and openly to the public said I dont want to be here anymore.

Yeah, exact same thing :laugh:

Buffalo fans in denial thinking they're going to get a massive package

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
KK + Drouin + 1st 2022 + 1st 2023.

It takes Habs out of the Wright & Bedard/Michkov lottery but gives more chance for Buffalo to land one of them. Drouin is still a useful player & should be fine outside of Montreal. Losing KK hurts though.​

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Seeing Hall play last night it got me thinking, if Taylor can go from a ~0.5 PPG player to just under 1 PPG after leaving the Sabres, what numbers will Eichel reach once he's moved considering he's already a PPG player?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If LA could pull off Eichel with using Turcotte and their 1st this year as the main pieces, they'd be set extremely well going into the future. Having Byfield and Eichel down the middle is a great start to returning to being a cup contender.

Reactions: ibleedkings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad